Melsie
New Member
Hello Everyone!
I drop in from time to time to read, but haven't posted in quite some time. However, something that happened has me questioning the birth of my new grandaughter, Alyssa and I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.
About two years ago, I was sitting on the bed putting on socks getting ready to leave for work. I was rushing, as usual, and trying to remember not to forget anything, when out of nowhere, I hear a man's voice directly in front of me. He said, "Elissa".
I thought that he was meaning to say my name, which is 'Melissa'. I was very startled by this happening, grabbed my purse and shoes and took off downstairs.
The voice was very clear, as if whoever this voice came from was no more than a couple of feet in front of me. I'm not certain, but the voice sounded much like one of my brothers, John, who passed away in an automobile accident in 2000. I thought that maybe it was him, and that I just missed hearing the 'M' on the front of 'Melissa'.
This happened about two years ago.
On August 2nd of this year, my first grandaughter was born. She and I are closely bonded and she's the sweetest little one! (Not biased at all!! LOL) When she was born I was with my daughter in the delivery room, and when she was born and they took her over to the incubator to clean her up, I walked over and looked at her, carrying on and talking to her. I was so excited!! As I was talking to her, the nurse looked at me with an astonished look on her face and asked me, "What did you say?" I guess the look on my face was one of confusion, because she went on to say, "You said 'you missed her so much." I didn't consciously remember saying this, but I was talking to the baby a mile a minute.
My daughter and son-in-law decided to name her Alyssa, after me. Just 'Melissa' without the 'M' and spelled differently.
A couple of days ago while looking at her newborn photos, I remembered what the nurse had told me that I said to the baby, that "I missed you so much". All of a sudden, the memory of hearing the man's voice two years before as I was getting ready for work popped in my head, and I wondered if her was actually intending to say "Alyssa" instead of "Melissa". Maybe if he was letting me know way ahead of time that maybe he could be returning to the family AS Alyssa.
This has been bothering me and I can't stop thinking about it. Oh yeah,....I am quite sensitive and do hear spirits from time to time. I usually try to block them out because they can be quite startling, but it's happened all throughout my life, and I'm 40 yrs old.
Well, that's it. Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Love and Light,
Melissa
I drop in from time to time to read, but haven't posted in quite some time. However, something that happened has me questioning the birth of my new grandaughter, Alyssa and I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.
About two years ago, I was sitting on the bed putting on socks getting ready to leave for work. I was rushing, as usual, and trying to remember not to forget anything, when out of nowhere, I hear a man's voice directly in front of me. He said, "Elissa".
I thought that he was meaning to say my name, which is 'Melissa'. I was very startled by this happening, grabbed my purse and shoes and took off downstairs.
The voice was very clear, as if whoever this voice came from was no more than a couple of feet in front of me. I'm not certain, but the voice sounded much like one of my brothers, John, who passed away in an automobile accident in 2000. I thought that maybe it was him, and that I just missed hearing the 'M' on the front of 'Melissa'.
This happened about two years ago.
On August 2nd of this year, my first grandaughter was born. She and I are closely bonded and she's the sweetest little one! (Not biased at all!! LOL) When she was born I was with my daughter in the delivery room, and when she was born and they took her over to the incubator to clean her up, I walked over and looked at her, carrying on and talking to her. I was so excited!! As I was talking to her, the nurse looked at me with an astonished look on her face and asked me, "What did you say?" I guess the look on my face was one of confusion, because she went on to say, "You said 'you missed her so much." I didn't consciously remember saying this, but I was talking to the baby a mile a minute.
My daughter and son-in-law decided to name her Alyssa, after me. Just 'Melissa' without the 'M' and spelled differently.
A couple of days ago while looking at her newborn photos, I remembered what the nurse had told me that I said to the baby, that "I missed you so much". All of a sudden, the memory of hearing the man's voice two years before as I was getting ready for work popped in my head, and I wondered if her was actually intending to say "Alyssa" instead of "Melissa". Maybe if he was letting me know way ahead of time that maybe he could be returning to the family AS Alyssa.
This has been bothering me and I can't stop thinking about it. Oh yeah,....I am quite sensitive and do hear spirits from time to time. I usually try to block them out because they can be quite startling, but it's happened all throughout my life, and I'm 40 yrs old.
Well, that's it. Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Love and Light,
Melissa