• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Life memories and dreams

Yes. Good point argonne. You would need more than just a first name. A last name, a year or a battle or the name of a ship would be a big help! But, as I said it's up to you how keen you are to find 'yourself' and whether it's important to you.
 
I think finding the name of the ship would narrow the search a great deal. There would be a list of battles, crew rosters, list of casualties, etc. Here is another thing to think about that was mentioned in the Soul Survivor book, the pilots told the boy's father Bruce that on an aircraft carrier the pilots are a small group and do not associate much with the regular sailors on the ship. There may be several thousand sailors on a large aircraft carrier, but only one hundred or less would be airmen.
 
This reminds me of DC10boy's story from a while back about his recurring dreams about the USS Missouri and the attack on Pearl Harbor during World War 2.


At first he wasn't sure what to make of it all. An interesting story for those who may have missed it.


(No longer available)
 
I have been looking at photos and videos of WW11 US aircraft carries to try and feel something


I just watch a 7 minute video on U Tube of the Yorktown. I have no idea at this point in time what could be the one or if any is the one.


I have to say watching the Video of the Yorktown today I felt something I have never felt before about war memorials What are these people doing? There walking around the ship looking at the hellcats and the more modern jet planes and helicopters used in Vietnam They are looking at the kitchens were the food was prepared, even a dentists room. What in the hell are they doing


What do they feel, sad, happy, patriotic or is it nothing more than a day at Disneyland. There is nothing there that means anything. Why don't they understand that?
 
John Tat said:
I have been looking at photos and videos of WW11 US aircraft carries to try and feel something
I just watch a 7 minute video on U Tube of the Yorktown. I have no idea at this point in time what could be the one or if any is the one.


I have to say watching the Video of the Yorktown today I felt something I have never felt before about war memorials.
One thing you may not be aware of is the USS Yorktown on display in South Carolina is not the original USS Yorktown aircraft carrier. The original was sunk during the Battle of Midway in 1942. The replacement ship has a different design. If you had been on the original Yorktown in 1942 you would have no feeling for the one on display. The main difference between the old and new is the flight deck. The old one was shorter than the new one and not as wide. The new ship also had more guns and planes, and was faster. I think there were only 4 aircraft carriers when Pearl Harbor was bombed. Those were all sunk before the end of the War. Here is short video made on the original Yorktown during the Battle of Midway.

 
John Tat said:
I had this dream again last night. It spooked me even more than last time.. What does that mean?
I have never had any thoughts about planes one way or the other


The only thing that has happened all of my life and I still do it to this day...If I'm driving along and I drive through smoke as we all do from time to time I always say to myself zero niner one or two zero niner or zero zero niner, all different except niner is always in it. I'm aware they could be calls from an aeroplane, but niner is always in it I have done that all of my life
It sounds to me you're calling coordinates. Especially if you're in fog or smoke. It sounds like you're navigating so I would look at planes and time periods where the instrument panel wasn't computerized.
 
John Tat said:
...What do they feel, sad, happy, patriotic or is it nothing more than a day at Disneyland. There is nothing there that means anything. Why don't they understand that?
Another sign that this is more than a dream. You're emotionally impacted by it.
 
I'm still searching. What I'm also doing is racking my brains for dreams I have had over my life that own there own meant nothing to me but if grouped together may mean something


Not being American it's difficult to know what may be relevant


As far as aeroplane dreams are concerned those I can remember were all about planes flying into things. A mountain, a building, into each other even one where I was standing and watched a plane as it slammed into a big pole. How crazy is that?


I have dreamed a couple of times of watching movies in a huge enclosure. There was a curtain at the end of the enclosure a screen in front of the curtain there was a projector and the guys were seating in the seats in front of the screen


There is another aeroplane dream..I had one dream years ago where I was watching planes land I'm sure it was an aircraft carrier and hoping one of them was my replacement plane


The next dream may have no relevance, but I feel it may. I have had this dream 3 or 4 times. I'm dancing with a girl with blonde with very tight curls. May have been permed. We are dancing at a big dance, the funny thing is she was always wearing a jacket, which seems inappropriate for what we were doing. I liked her very much. I think her name was Shirley or something like that


As I said these are random dreams I have had over the decades which meant nothing to me at the time but grouped together may mean something
 
I'd say it's very likely these are dreams about the war years isn't it? Shirley was a pretty common name back in those days. Could the jacket she's wearing be a WREN uniform or simliar perhaps?




wvintagew-1317411086-11513.jpg



Some of the airplanes crashing and so on might be something you actually saw, or it might just be general anxiety dreams about planes crashing, which is a bit of remnant PTSD?
 
Thanks for the reply tanguerra. All I remember is I thought when I was dreaming it was unusable to wear a jacket at a dance. What it looked like I cannot remember it was just a jacket


I'm still searching As was suggested I'm trying meditation I'm doing it through my pure self, I'm asking him for guidance


When I do, and after I'm finished I always try to give logical explanations for what I have experienced. This should indicate what was my imagination and what may be more real


for example when I was looking for answers for all of this, I had an image of clowns faces. Nothing but clowns faces. I don't like clowns so that is my logical explanation for that


I saw a black musician playing a trumpet I have always loved blues music so that is my logical explanation for that


I saw a street full of wooden houses. Where I live in Australia there is no such thing as a street full of wooden houses, so that is my logical explanation for that


The only one that there was no logical explanation for was a guy yelled from behind me the rudder is ok. It may have been a boat or a plane I did not see what it was only the voice yelling from behind me Why he was behind me I have no idea I did not see him either


Its all very frustrating. What do I do? Do I keep mediating because that is the only option I can think of, I have left
 
John Tat said:
The only one that there was no logical explanation for was a guy yelled from behind me the rudder is ok. It may have been a boat or a plane I did not see what it was only the voice yelling from behind me Why he was behind me I have no idea I did not see him either
John, if you were piloting a plane with a gunner behind you, then he would be letting you know that the rudder is still fine after going through flak, and in other such situations where there would be a risk.


It might be worth checking the two man planes, since that would explain why you were screaming for someone to get out during the crash.
 
Everything you have said makes perfect sense. The plane's tail could be called a rudder. Some planes were two seater, such as dive bombers and torpedo planes. The dances were probably USO dances. United Service Organization. Every town or city that had military bases nearby had a local USO. They put on dances with military and local civilian girls. They provided refreshments at local "canteens", etc. Google "Hollywood USO canteen" and "USO dances". The movie theater setting was also war related. Lots of training films. The ships had theaters on board where they watched recent movies to take their minds off their "work". The row of wooden houses on the street sounds like a military base. Or it could be a port city you were stationed in when not at sea. San Pedro, California is where the Port of Los Angeles is. It's an old town and still has lots of houses like that. In the 1920s and 30s the battleships of the U.S. Navy's Pacific Fleet were stationed there. San Diego is another old Navy town and training base. Alameda, California is right across from San Francisco. It was a base for aircraft carriers. Pearl Harbor, Hawaii would have looked like that also. John, I hope you are keeping a journal of all of this. You memories sound very real and logical to me.
 
John Tat said:
...When I do, and after I'm finished I always try to give logical explanations for what I have experienced. This should indicate what was my imagination and what may be more real
for example when I was looking for answers for all of this, I had an image of clowns faces. Nothing but clowns faces. I don't like clowns so that is my logical explanation for that


I saw a black musician playing a trumpet I have always loved blues music so that is my logical explanation for that


I saw a street full of wooden houses. Where I live in Australia there is no such thing as a street full of wooden houses, so that is my logical explanation for that


The only one that there was no logical explanation for was a guy yelled from behind me the rudder is ok. It may have been a boat or a plane I did not see what it was only the voice yelling from behind me Why he was behind me I have no idea I did not see him either


Its all very frustrating. What do I do? Do I keep mediating because that is the only option I can think of, I have left
I'm not quite understanding what you mean by 'logical explanations' John? Do you mean that after a meditation you try to talk yourself out of what you've seen? Do you try to convince yourself that it's not 'real' or that it's just your imagination? I would think that so far what you've seen in your dream all checks out as being perfectly historically valid.


Maybe the clown faces are a clue? Maybe you or perhaps your father was an actual clown in the circus? Someone has to be after all? Maybe you saw a jazz show back in the war time? After all it was very popular. Why wouldn't you think that what you saw was connected with this life that you're trying to learn more about?
 
tanguerra said:
Maybe the clown faces are a clue? Maybe you or perhaps your father was an actual clown in the circus? Someone has to be after all? Maybe you saw a jazz show back in the war time? After all it was very popular. Why wouldn't you think that what you saw was connected with this life that you're trying to learn more about?
Maybe he went to see the circus. Ringling Brothers has two circus companies that tour the U.S. every year. The Red and Blue companies alternate between the east and west coasts. They have their own circus trains to travel from city to city. Before 1950 they set up actual canvas "Big Top" tents. Today the shows are all indoors in arenas, etc. He may also have attended a jazz concert somewhere. I wonder if he got to see Louis Armstrong?
 
tanguerra You asked why I rationalise after meditation. There is so much, some or most of it must be imagination


That's for another discussion
 
The clown faces / blues performers made me think of Al Jolson. Wikipedia says he entertained the troops in WWII.
 
Blueheart said:
The clown faces / blues performers made me think of Al Jolson. Wikipedia says he entertained the troops in WWII.
I did not know that. Thanks. Those would have been USO shows with Bob Hope, Dinah Shore, Andrews Sisters, etc. etc. All of the big entertainers of the day. This gives you an idea of what the shows were like.

 
John Tat said:
tanguerra You asked why I rationalise after meditation. There is so much, some or most of it must be imagination
That's for another discussion
Perhaps some of it is imagery of one sort or another? You are the best judge of that. The best suggestion I can make is just note it all down. Some of it might turn out to be of significance. You never know. Don't reject anything out of hand. I've had some odd memories of details that didn't seem to make sense at first, but later turned out to be very accurate.
 
During my meditations I have asked a number of times about the guy yelling from behind me the rudder is OK. As stupid as it may sound I keep getting the same image over and over again. The plane was on the ground or on the deck of a carrier, it had not taken off. It was preparing to take off . The guy was not standing beside me telling me he must have been on top of the plane behind me, yelling at me, that's why I could not see him which makes no sense at all when the plane is preparing to take off. But that's what I'm getting
 
Maybe that was part of the pre-flight check off. Pilots are supposed to check everything on the plane before takeoff to make sure everything is ok. If he was sitting behind you you would hear him but not see him. Or maybe he was a ground crewman standing on the deck and watched as you moved the "stick" left and right to see if the rudder or tail moved. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

 
Its interesting you talk about Guadalcanal To begin with, I never watch war movies, they upset me. Anything to do with violence and where people suffer I cannot watch. The crime channel is a definite NO NO for me


The only old news reels I watch are those of Guadalcanal and Midway


I watch with interest and for no other reason


The only feeling I have ever had that may mean something is when I'm watching news reels of Guadalcanal I say to myself we were there far to long
 
John Tat said:
The only feeling I have ever had that may mean something is when I'm watching news reels of Guadalcanal I say to myself we were there far to long
I think that's where you were. Do you know about the "Coastwatchers"? The Battle of Guadalcanal lasted more than a year because no one except the Japanese were prepared to fight there in the early days of the war.


http://www.ww2australia.gov.au/coastwatcher/
 
Yes most Australians of my generation would know who and what the Coastwatchers were


I know and understand what I'm searching for is like looking for a needle in a haystack


The questions that are in my mind right now are.. Would it be possible for a US navy or marines pilot to have fought in both Midway and Guadalcanal?


Would it then be possible for that pilot to continue fighting from the new Yorktown as either a navy or Marine pilot?


Its confusing because when I say "we were in Guadalcanal to long" was I referring to a group of pilots or the navy or another branch of the military or the whole American effort?


I feel a connection to Midway, Guadalcanal and the new Yorktown


I also feel a connection to Iwo Jima but that was to late because as I said was born in late 1944


When I think about Iwo Jima I think of it as a "**** hole" (excuse the expression) But that was to late so I don't know what that's all about


I will keep searching
 
John Tat said:
The questions that are in my mind right now are.. Would it be possible for a US navy or marines pilot to have fought in both Midway and Guadalcanal?
Would it then be possible for that pilot to continue fighting from the new Yorktown as either a navy or Marine pilot?


Its confusing because when I say "we were in Guadalcanal to long" was I referring to a group of pilots or the navy or another branch of the military or the whole American effort?


I feel a connection to Midway, Guadalcanal and the new Yorktown.
I think the answer is yes. Pilots moved to other aircraft carriers after theirs was sunk. I know that during the Battle of Midway there were planes that took off from one carrier and then had to land on another carrier when the first carrier was sunk. I think the Battle of the Coral Sea happened not far from Guadalcanal in 1942. I think your comment about being there "too long" probably referred to the whole American effort. Americans have short attention spans. They want every problem solved in 2 hours or less. There is much grumbling today in the U.S. because the war in Afghanistan has gone on for 10 years. But I think some of these problems will take 20 years or more to solve.
 
I do not want to change the subject but what is very frustrating to me is reading other peoples memories of previous lives and how detailed they are. Other than my dream which is in no ways as detailed as others are, I work on other scattered dreams over my whole life again lacking detail, meditation, instinct and feelings. I have to say it's beginning to annoy me I do not remember the same level of detail


As I said in another post. If I did die the way I remember then that may answer two very important questions I have had about myself all of my adult life The first is my absolute disbelief in god It goes even deeper than disbelief. If I did die that way I would have no reasons to believe in god this time


The second is, I have always felt something went terribly wrong and I should not be here. I feel if something did go wrong it's far more complex than the way I died


I sometimes feel I have one foot somewhere else and the rest of me is here, as strange as that may sound
 
John Tat said:
I do not want to change the subject but what is very frustrating to me is reading other peoples memories of previous lives and how detailed they are.
That's because it's mostly people with detailed memories who write about them. But those people are in the minority. Most people are like you, John. They just have a few fragments or dreams. Yes, it is very frustrating. It will be interesting to see if today's children who are believed by their parents are able to remember more details.
 
Hi John,


I'm just curious about your comment linking the way you died to your disbelief in God and likewise your comment re not belonging here or having one foot elsewhere. On the first, I'm just curious about what you mean and why--are you voicing resentment for an unusually cruel, unfair and/or meaningless death, or ? On the second comment, it seems very mysterious, but intriguing. So, just curious about what else you may have to say on these subjects.


SeaAndSky
 
Back
Top