• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Life memories and dreams

Hi SeaAndSky


I don't want to get off the subject of this thread, but the following are brief answers to what you asked


As you would understand its difficult to put into words that what you believe to be true that will convey exactly what you feel and believe to be true, I will do my best


The feeling I have had for most of my life that something went terribly wrong and I should not be here is connected to my disbelief in god along with how I may have died last time


Deep down I believe the way I experienced my death in the dream is very accurate to how I died


I also have strong feelings that at the moment of my death I denounced god. At the last moment of my life I died a non believer


So yes I resented the way I died


This dream has also given me insight into my feelings I have had most of my life that something went terribly wrong and I should not be here and that a part of me is somewhere else


I have had lucid dreams and have travelled for years. I only started to travel again recently , after not being able to for over four years. I had lost my way and was trying to use travel to improve my physical life so I was stopped until I became aware of what I was doing wrong


After travelling again and having had this dream just before I regained the ability to travel again I now believe a part of me did not reincarnate, That was the terrible mistake, not the way I died, although understanding how I died lead me to this belief.


I now understand why travel is relatively easy for me. The part of me that did not reincarnate is there were I travel to. That may be why I feel complete there and it is not just because of where I am


As I said my disbelief in god goes deeper than my death Over the years as I have travelled I believe I have been educated about myself, what to expect from death and reincarnation along with other things including my belief we are three separate identities in one, the physical us the pure us and our soul which is the life force that makes all things possible. We are all separate but connected. I hope the current studies into people floating out of the bodies is proven to be right because that will give plenty of credence to my beliefs


I have understood for years just as most have that people who want people to worship them are not good people. If you look at it in a logical manner it doesn't matter if it was 10,000 or 2000 years ago or present time it's all the same. It's not good.


To claim you are a god or connected to a god and therefore should be worshiped is even worse just as it was thousands of years ago. All of this is lost in faith in a god


Our world that is dominated by the belief in false gods was never meant to be this way. As I said my disbelief in god goes deeper than my death last time
 
John,


Some of what you have said seems to indicate a psychic awakening which is bringing you special insights into the nature of non-material reality, but while interesting it is actually extraneous to the point in terms of my curiosity. I was mostly curious about the reasons for your hatred of God in this life because of what it might say about the man you were before and why you cannot remember more.


Perhaps some of your underlying philosophy and animus re God predates your present life, but since you cannot recall, I'm inclined to believe that it is something that has developed in your present life as a result and extension of the circumstances of your death and your denunciation of God at that time. Indifference would be better proof of a belief on your part that God does not exist: One does not waste time hating the non-existent. To me, your attitude is more redolent of the type of pendulum swing that follows an extreme shock and arises from a sense of hurt and betrayal—i.e., I tend to believe that your position on these matters in your last life was diametrically opposed to your position in this life. Alternately, perhaps you were waffling re God and the way you died pushed you over the edge towards negativity in a big way.


I am not trying to convince you of the existence of God or the opposite, nor do I wish to take a position on your hostility towards God: I’m merely speculating about reasons for your memory block. I guess what I’m wondering is whether the existence of your current attitudes are not an indication that your attitudes before were very different, with the manner of your death forming the pivot for what might have been a 180 degree turn.


That difference could make the person you were strange, incomprehensible and perhaps even odious to the person you are now, blocking empathy, and perhaps memory. This is just a feeling on my part, one that I hesitate to even dignify as an “intuition”, but it might be worth thinking about. I.e., you may not be able to remember more about who you were then because, in a sense, you cannot stand to remember that person or what he believed in view of your current beliefs.


SeaAndSky
 
Hi SeaandSKY


Thanks for the reply... You must be a believer because you are the same as all believer's. You talk as though there is a god


You talk about my hatred of god, how can I hate something that does not exist?


Why do believer's believe those who do not believe must have some deep seated problems/and or issues why they do not believe.


What you see as hatred are my logical reasons for not believing there is a god. Another indication that you are a true believer Don't get me wrong I don't see anything wrong with believing. It's the absolute blind faith that intrigues me
 
Hi John,


I am a believer, but I have no particular axe to grind on that account. Quite simply, we're not here for that. I'm actually more interested in why you might be blocked in going back beyond the time of your death. It doesn't make sense to me when you have such clear memories related to your death--unless there is something blocking your ability to remember who you were and what you believed before. I'm also interested because I have blocks of my own to deal with, and (though the reasons for my blocks are probably quite different) there may be something I can learn here from your experience.


You have quoted my own words back to me in terms of not being able to have strong feelings re a non-existent God. However, that is where you are now (in this life)--my curiosity is about what you were like then and whether the contrast is blocking your ability to remember. I have no particular reason to encourage you to think about the issue as some kind of exercise in "converting" you to anything. You have your own reasons for your current beliefs, and you'll change them or not change them as it suits you. But, I am intrigued by the theory that our ability to empathize with our past selves, actions, and beliefs is necessary (or at least very important) to memory and likewise that an antipathy for past self, actions, and/or beliefs may block memory.


SeaAndSky
 
John,


Just an addition to my prior comment. I don't think it is coincidental that, aside from some possible innocuous fragments of memory, the only things you are remembering clearly are things that jive with and support your current belief system and sense of identity. Once again, my operating hypothesis is that we find it much harder to identify with and remember things about ourselves and our beliefs in a former life that are antithetical in terms of our current identity and/or belief systems.


Overcoming this may take no more than an attitude adjustment towards who you were and what you believed, NOT a change of beliefs on your part. I.e., it is possible that an attitude of compassion towards the person you were, even if he and his beliefs were (according to your current beliefs) completely wrong, stupid, odious and/or misguided may make a great deal of difference. He was, after all, very young and probably a product of his environment as much as anything else.


Once again, I am--admittedly--just guessing and projecting here, but it does seem more than coincidental that: (1) you have some very clear memories, but (2) they are only the memories that are not antithetical to and support your current sense of identity and belief system.


SeaAndSky


PS--I think I may be having some related problems, but I'll get into that on the thread I started on my putative PL.
 
Hi argonne1918


I have been looking at 100's of photos of Hellcat's on carriers


As I have said its like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I came across the one on the link below. It was only interesting because of the number on the plane. I cannot say I felt any link to it


www.pinterest.com/pin/407294360021061872/
 
SeaAndSky said:
I am not trying to convince you of the existence of God or the opposite...
No, we are not here to discuss the existence or otherwise of God (however you conceive Her). It's best to leave that type of conversation to one side because it is usually a source of fruitless disagreement and somewhat beside the point. God(s) may or may not have anything to do with the reincarnation process, any more (or less) than God(s) may or may not have anything to do with why the sun comes up every morning and trees blossom in spring time, so such a discussion is somewhat off topic. Certainly in my many, many lifetimes I have seen a whole lot of different versions of God (however you conceive Her) come and go. Who is right? What does it matter? It is a personal thing what people believe or don't believe.

SeaAndSky said:
...you may not be able to remember more about who you were then because, in a sense, you cannot stand to remember that person or what he believed in view of your current beliefs..
It's not unusual for people to only remember the most dramatic moments of a particular life, which is often the moment of death, or meeting your sweetheart or getting married, having a child, things like that. In fact it is the norm. It is often a critique of past life memories that they often seem to be so dramatic and full of excitement one way or another that people wonder if it is not something people make up to seem more exciting.


Often with a bit of time and patience more information can be recovered. But, again, even with a lot of practice and patience, it is usually only the most dramatic or pivotal moments that are remembered from past lives, just as we are more likely to remember the dramatic or important moments of our present life most clearly rather than the 'boring bits'.


So, while this is an interesting theory that it has something to do with past and present religious belief, I think it is just the norm to only remember something like a dramatic death like being shot down in a plane.
 
SeaAndSky said:
... Once again, my operating hypothesis is that we find it much harder to identify with and remember things about ourselves and our beliefs in a former life that are antithetical in terms of our current identity and/or belief systems...
Maybe. But, many times people have remembered things that have horrified them - like being a Nazi officer in the SS, murdering someone in cold blood, or doing all kinds of bad things. So, I don't know if this theory holds water.
 
John Tat said:
I have to say it's beginning to annoy me I do not remember the same level of detail
This feeling of frustration - that something is just out of reach or on the 'tip of your tongue' is actually a good sign. It often precedes a breakthrough. So just try to be patient and wait and see what comes up for you without dismissing anything.

John Tat said:
The second is, I have always felt something went terribly wrong and I should not be here. I feel if something did go wrong it's far more complex than the way I died.
Something to ponder further on? Perhaps an answer will come to you. Maybe something did go 'terribly wrong'?

John Tat said:
I sometimes feel I have one foot somewhere else and the rest of me is here, as strange as that may sound
Many people feel that they have 'one foot somewhere else' because, well, we do. Our 'soul' is both here on Earth and also 'somewhere else'. We are multidimensional beings, but most of the time we don't notice it because we are busy living this life now. Perhaps you are just more aware of it than others?
 
John Tat said:
Hi argonne1918
I have been looking at 100's of photos of Hellcat's on carriers


As I have said its like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I came across the one on the link below. It was only interesting because of the number on the plane. I cannot say I felt any link to it


www.pinterest.com/pin/407294360021061872/
The only number I see is "9". Is this a number that you remember? I would think there should be a smaller and longer number at the base of the tail. That would be the plane's serial number.
 
Hi argonne1918


In my post on the 5th of December I said numbers with a nine in them were significant to me I quoted numbers such as 091,209 and 009


On the 20th of December I said I was sure the person yelling out to me the rudders ok was on top of the plane behind me while the plane was preparing to take off and that was why I could not see him. I just looked at the photo again and noticed for the first time there was someone on top of the plane behind the pilot. This may have been a common practice in those times. I understand this most likely is coincidence but It is interesting.
 
I just looked again. I know what the guy on top is doing. He is giving the pilot directions to steer the plane so it takes off in a straight line. The propeller planes were "tail draggers" and pilots who were not tall enough had trouble seeing the ground in front of them. He probably also looked at the flaps and rudder/tail while the pilot moved the controls. Then he would have said "The rudder's OK." I think this picture validates your memory. Congratulations. :) The other guys are unfolding the wings. Navy planes have wings that fold up so they can store more planes down below in the hanger. Notice the planes in the background still have their wings folded up. There may not have been enough room down below for all of the planes, especially if there were pilots and planes from other carriers that had been sunk and moved over to this carrier. BTW, do you remember landing with the "tail hook" down? Navy planes have a hook on the bottom that they lower when landing on a carrier. The carrier has ropes stretched across the deck. The hook on the plane snags the rope and keeps the plane from rolling off the other end of the deck. Propeller planes could land without the hook and ropes, but with jets it would be disastrous. Jet pilots land with full throttle in case the hook misses the rope and they immediately take off and try again.
 
John Tat said:
I understand this most likely is coincidence but It is interesting.
Unlikely to be a coincidence John. More like a confirmation that what you recall is correct?
 
Back
Top