• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What it is like between lives...

I remember before I was born, but after my past life, so I am going to try to describe what I remember as best as I can.

I found myself in a non-descript place with some young guy standing to my right and to the left at waist height an oval screen, where i began viweing the life i had just left - or so i should have as i interupted the process, as I quickly had a flash of inspiration or a thought concerning the whole point of striving for material possessions when you die and end up there where there seems to be no need - it just made the life so futile.

I turned to the guy next to myself who was dressed in white with dark hair and told him my insight and I added that when I go back I will tell everyobe of this, but he made an enigmatic smile and replied it was not worth it as no-one will take any notice - but i was determined to remember.

The viewing of the past life seemed to end with my interuption, then the next part occured - rebirth!

Ome is quickly placed in a black (no images) and blank void (no thought), this is where you if you are unaware, lose all memories.

Imagine being given a long number to memories for the first time - difficult to remember, or being given somewhat complicated directions to somewhere also equally difficult to remember, well all your memories are placed into short (very) term memory, where one can almost instanly forget (like the long number) - the only reason why I remember what I remember is due to pulling myself of what is kind of like a coma (I imagine).

Perhaps a better way of describing would be before going to bed you have somewhat memorizex a number, but have a tenuous hold, go yo bed, wake in the morning and the number has gone from your memory.

Much of what I could have memorised has been lost, I only have the end.

The whole situation is a series of events that are unexpected, and of which you have no say, its almost like a sausage machine, or a conveyor belt, going from one stage to another, and no one is there to help or explain what will happen next.

I remember a little of being born and as much of the hospital word.
 
Last edited:
Hi blind_sighted,

Thanks for fixing your initial posting. It seems to support a more negative view of reincarnation at this point. Many see it as all lollipops and roses, at least in terms of the underlying reasons and motivation for the process. I confess to taking that same position early on and holding it until fairly recently. Now I am not sure. My faith in the existence of reincarnation is not what it used to be. Alternately, I may join the other camp, which see and/or ascribe more sinister patterns, motivations and goals to the process.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I wouldn't say "clunky" myself, but that is probably because I have been using it for a fairly long time. Plus, I am at a "clunky" age myself. ;)
 
Hi blind_sighted,

Thanks for fixing your initial posting. It seems to support a more negative view of reincarnation at this point. Many see it as all lollipops and roses, at least in terms of the underlying reasons and motivation for the process. I confess to taking that same position early on and holding it until fairly recently. Now I am not sure. My faith in the existence of reincarnation is not what it used to be. Alternately, I may join the other camp, which see and/or ascribe more sinister patterns, motivations and goals to the process.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I wouldn't say "clunky" myself, but that is probably because I have been using it for a fairly long time. Plus, I am at a "clunky" age myself. ;)

Hi there,

Thanks for the interest.

The site being clunky is mainly due at my end to using tor, and this site employs a bot to filter, and seems to thinks that all tor is bad and should be blocked, so i kept reloading tor until the bot was happy.

I never thought that what I experienced was or is negative, but thinking about it I see your point.

I am not a very positive person anyway, I have always viewed that experience as I would say now a let-off all things considered.

You see I have a strong conviction, belief, hunch, that I was a german in the previous, I also seem to have a tenuous memory of surviving the war, seeing the posters and images put up on posts and boards with at first not believing, but after seeing so much ibecame increasingly convinced, I also think I eneded the life or from that point up until the end of that life taking a more spiritual path.

There are three things I wanted to keep in mind for this life (I remember two) dont blindly follow anyone in a position of authority or power - and thats blindly follow, and harm no one. I am pretty good with the former, but i have blown the latter to which I am ashamed - oh well!

I do wonder because of my blowing-off of viewing my past life, that I have paid a heavy price in this life, as maybe viewing the life I would have learnt there what maybe I am being forced to learn here - I will pay more attention the next time.
 
Hi Blind_Sighted:

We have had several people with memories of fighting on the German side in WWII post on the board at one time or another. So, you may want to read some of those threads. I think your two pledges to yourself are good promises, pledges and/or aspirations (as the case may be). Anyone who can keep them will be a better person, though I don't see how one can keep from harming someone in every situation. I.e., there are times where, in the defense of self of others, one has no choice but to use force and potentially cause harm to an aggressor. But, "do no harm" is definitely a good general rule, even if it has some exceptions.

Cordially,
S&S
 
I believe that we get guidance much more often than only "between lives" — every time we sleep, and more often. Most of us just aren't aware of that.

The "black (no images) and blank void (no thought)" state is a transition state when your awareness changes focus. After meditation, concentration should follow.

Everything you observe, including during your awake state, is symbolical and meant for you to intuitively interpret it and extract insight. To minimize interpretation distortions, you need to leave aside all your beliefs and all that you believe to be truths, then open intuitively, actively, to inner guidance. Otherwise you just fantasize.

The level of your interpretation and insight depends mainly on the level of evolvement of the entity incarnated in you, immersed in the physical reality and believing to be you. But everything you experience are lessons that can be interpreted at your current level, your entity's current level. I use here "entity' synonymously with "soul".

Again, this is what I currently believe, being aware that it is just my interpretation of the insights I distilled from my experiences.
 
Hi Blind_Sighted:

We have had several people with memories of fighting on the German side in WWII post on the board at one time or another. So, you may want to read some of those threads. I think your two pledges to yourself are good promises, pledges and/or aspirations (as the case may be). Anyone who can keep them will be a better person, though I don't see how one can keep from harming someone in every situation. I.e., there are times where, in the defense of self of others, one has no choice but to use force and potentially cause harm to an aggressor. But, "do no harm" is definitely a good general rule, even if it has some exceptions.

Cordially,
S&S
Hi again,

I dont know what my role was, I just dont remember any of that, nor have any hunch/belief about that - but extrapolating I certainly do not seem to have ben involved with the camps/ghettos etc.

I remembered this morning what the third pledge/aspiration/goal this morning, which amount to have no addictions - I do have a hunch/belief that I was a drinker.

Yes you are right it is difficult keeping goals in life, but the addictions one is one I do quite well at as I am a tea-totaller and not much of that either - I am a health fanatics helt fanatic.

All the best
 
I believe that we get guidance much more often than only "between lives" — every time we sleep, and more often. Most of us just aren't aware of that.

The "black (no images) and blank void (no thought)" state is a transition state when your awareness changes focus. After meditation, concentration should follow.

Everything you observe, including during your awake state, is symbolical and meant for you to intuitively interpret it and extract insight. To minimize interpretation distortions, you need to leave aside all your beliefs and all that you believe to be truths, then open intuitively, actively, to inner guidance. Otherwise you just fantasize.

The level of your interpretation and insight depends mainly on the level of evolvement of the entity incarnated in you, immersed in the physical reality and believing to be you. But everything you experience are lessons that can be interpreted at your current level, your entity's current level. I use here "entity' synonymously with "soul".

Again, this is what I currently believe, being aware that it is just my interpretation of the insights I distilled from my experiences.

Hi there

Totally agree with you when you write that we get guidance through our life; I have had some strange experiences in my sleep and one or two during the day light hours - actually very little to no guidance through the night just a few instances during the day.

The last real one was when I was 51, while standing in the room where I lived, Ia strong feeling almost overwhelemed myself, it was a message transmitted without using words - just feeling - which I had to interpret, and I could easily interpret the message, which equated to 'I am on the home run' = I fully understand what this means and the significance or it - you see i have had a very difficult life, even if I say so myself, the end will be a merciful release - bummed you out, sorry :)

Thanks for the interest.

All the best half_blind
 
Hi Blind_Sighted,

I think I understand what you have experienced. There can be the sudden "blip" of insight that makes everything else stop for a space of time. It is not something I arrive at, it seems to come from outside of my normal waking consciousness, and is often in complete contrast to whatever it is I am currently doing or thinking. But it can be hard to hold onto it. The ones that last a bit longer leave more behind, though it is hard for me most of the time, even with these longer ones, to remember everything. Often, when something like this happens and it is over so quickly, I know it was really significant, but I can't exactly remember what it was. Frustrating. But generally I find that the sense of it will drift back, even if only (once again) in such short snippets that it remains hard to hold on to. I think you did well to remember as much as you did.

I don't know what the source is, though I believe it is something or someone "higher". I think that perhaps these messages, downloads, information packets, or "whatever" are actually aimed at and intended for a deeper part of myself, and my waking consciousness is only catching a brief glimpse of them as they "go by" on the way to their actual destination.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I am sorry that your road has been so hard. I pray that the good Lord will ease your burdens, bless you, and keep you to your journey's end, and may you dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
 
these are the beautiful exchange of ideas, that we all seem to experience - uniquely so, that draw me in ~

thank you all, and welcome blind_sighted to the forums! :)
 
Hi Blind_Sighted,

I think I understand what you have experienced. There can be the sudden "blip" of insight that makes everything else stop for a space of time. It is not something I arrive at, it seems to come from outside of my normal waking consciousness, and is often in complete contrast to whatever it is I am currently doing or thinking. But it can be hard to hold onto it. The ones that last a bit longer leave more behind, though it is hard for me most of the time, even with these longer ones, to remember everything. Often, when something like this happens and it is over so quickly, I know it was really significant, but I can't exactly remember what it was. Frustrating. But generally I find that the sense of it will drift back, even if only (once again) in such short snippets that it remains hard to hold on to. I think you did well to remember as much as you did.

I don't know what the source is, though I believe it is something or someone "higher". I think that perhaps these messages, downloads, information packets, or "whatever" are actually aimed at and intended for a deeper part of myself, and my waking consciousness is only catching a brief glimpse of them as they "go by" on the way to their actual destination.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I am sorry that your road has been so hard. I pray that the good Lord will ease your burdens, bless you, and keep you to your journey's end, and may you dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Hi S&S,

Yeah - I can remeber only two of these moments when some message is confired through the ether.

Thank you for your kind words, no offence but I am far from being a fan of god. I have lestened to the american conservative christians and of late and increasingly the more I understand about them the larger the gap is between us.

If there is a god. then it is god that is responsible for all the pain in the world, after all it is the alpha and omega, the creater of everything, sees all, hears all; if there is a devil then how and why is this being still able to do what he does, why jas this being not been defeated? Is this being equal to god, or is this being working for god?

I gravitate toward eastern religions (hence viewing my past life on a screen that is referred to as the akashik record), the eatern religions are anout or are a mind science - seel your own salvation with diligence, which christianty and the rest of the abrahamic religiobs do not attempt because at some point someone of something is going to come down and make everything great.

Sorry for that.

But all the best.
 
We get advice and guidance all the time in many ways, all we have to do is listen.

Did you ever have that voice in your head, telling you should get up and go to bed, rather than sit online / read a book / play a game, another hour or two, so you won't be tired the next day?

It's usually as simple as that. No angel and choir required.
 
We get advice and guidance all the time in many ways, all we have to do is listen.

Did you ever have that voice in your head, telling you should get up and go to bed, rather than sit online / read a book / play a game, another hour or two, so you won't be tired the next day?

It's usually as simple as that. No angel and choir required.
Hi

Thanks for the interest.

What you refer to as an angel speaking in your ear, I would refer to as a natural process of the mind.

I am scientific minded, and rhis is one thing that seperates myse;f from shall we say abrahamic relihious people.

Sorry to disagree, but felt it needed to be said, just to put the record to what I at least deem to be correct.

But thanks for the input.
 
@blind_sighted I don't think you read what I wrote correctly.. I explicitly said "No angel and choir required."

Call it intuition or simply being quantumly entangled with your higher self or something.. I never mentioned anything about it being supernatural.
 
@blind_sighted I don't think you read what I wrote correctly.. I explicitly said "No angel and choir required."

Call it intuition or simply being quantumly entangled with your higher self or something.. I never mentioned anything about it being supernatural.
Hi

Yeah - sorry about that - I have vision problems hence the username:)

I think most of the thoughts are our own, but occasionally we hear 'out-of-the-blue thoughts that do not use the words we use, and thats how we know they are coming from something else, such as one day I was walking the hill near to where i lived and I heard "chatterbox" in my minds ear, its not a word I would use, but because of where I live, I imagine its a phrase that would be more local (mid-west-wales), I am sure there have been other instances but as S&S said above they tend to slip the mind.

But again sorry -> all the best.

blind_sigted
 
@blind_sighted :

Hi

Yeah - sorry about that - I have vision problems hence the username:)

I think most of the thoughts are our own, but occasionally we hear 'out-of-the-blue thoughts that do not use the words we use, and thats how we know they are coming from something else, such as one day I was walking the hill near to where i lived and I heard "chatterbox" in my minds ear, its not a word I would use, but because of where I live, I imagine its a phrase that would be more local (mid-west-wales), I am sure there have been other instances but as S&S said above they tend to slip the mind.

But again sorry -> all the best.

blind_sigted

I have such experiences too. I take them for messages from my inner guidance, and I pursue their intuitive interpretation deeper and deeper, as deep as I can, to reach an insight, or draw guidance. The result is always revealing.
 
I have such experiences too. I take them for messages from my inner guidance, and I pursue their intuitive interpretation deeper and deeper, as deep as I can, to reach an insight, or draw guidance. The result is always revealing.
Funny as my interpretation is that these are spirits that are floating around ar will and on purpose say stuff to us, sometimes good, sometimes, neutral, and sometimes bas, and I have also heard the insulting, abusive ones - but who knows - right?

It was the middle of the night, I needed to go, as I was coming to I this voice say "hi-ya" it was a girls voice and happened two nights on the trot.
 
Funny as my interpretation is that these are spirits that are floating around ar will and on purpose say stuff to us, sometimes good, sometimes, neutral, and sometimes bas, and I have also heard the insulting, abusive ones - but who knows - right?

It was the middle of the night, I needed to go, as I was coming to I this voice say "hi-ya" it was a girls voice and happened two nights on the trot.
You will probably end up hearing a lot of things; the point of it all is to build discernment and for you to also develop your own inner knowing and sense of self. They (our higher selves, or whomever we left in charge "over there" some people call them spirit guides) communicate in a variety of ways: images, intuition, thoughts, feelings and sometimes they may out right hijack your own voice and sound like you, or they just may talk to you in their own voice.

Also be aware of somatic responses, such as feeling a tap on a shoulder when no one is around or hearing sounds without a source. I got plenty of taps and kept hearing phone notifications that weren't mine. I was alone in the car for many of those and I have an android and not apple, so it was meant to be obvious to me the sounds weren't actually being "heard".

About a year ago, I had an awakening and found out I have been married over on that side for billions and billions of years.. Long story short my wife is my acting spirit guide and this whole thing has proven to be frustrating. I've heard voices telling me good things (but not the right things), bad things and she likes to tell me one thing, while also letting me hear her intent, which is usually the opposite of what she's saying. Everything I've heard is her; they just make it all sound different to try and throw you off.

I'd rather just hang out with her and talk, but I have to go through all of this too, as we're all here, playing by the same rules. Advice here is simply don't respond and know when you're being pushed off center. The point of all of this is to teach you where your center is and to return to it more quickly each time. You'll know you mastered the lesson when you stop being pushed in one particular direction. But.. should any of this prove too distressing, please consult a mental health professional.

And maybe say hi back to the voice and see what happens!

And just a side note, we've reached a major karmic turning point here on the earth and this stuff is going to become more common, for everyone!
 
Last edited:
Hi Blind_sighted,

I became very enamored with Eastern thought and religions during the late 60s and for most of the 70s, but came back to Christ near the end of the 70s. I once had hopes of integrating reincarnation and Christianity, and drew some inspiration from the (probably misrepresented) Cathars. They were very devoted to Christ, and believed in reincarnation. However, after much study I can say that there is so little that is sure about their total beliefs and theology, that it is difficult to use them as a foundation for a sound approach to the issue. At present I am studying Swedenborg, a great inspiration for many people, including good ol' Johnny "Appleseed" Chapman of Disney fame and Hellen Keller, just to drop a couple of names that would be familiar to most in the U.S. The list could go on**, but I think you would find Swedenborg's theology fascinating as well as being very far from the beliefs you have cited and found distasteful. At present I no longer believe in reincarnation as something "set in stone", and actually consider it to probably be, to the extent that it occurs at all, either (1) a glitch in the system, or (2) a work-around designed by some force more intent on our imprisonment than advance in order to avoid the system intended by God. That system is, I think, probably a good deal more humane than it is often represented to be.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Just as a point of interest in terms of being "scientifically minded" vs. being an adherent of an "Abrahamic religion" (as you put it), it may help to know that my undergraduate degree was in Physics with minors in math and chemistry, and that I have spent most of the last 45 years working in the field of inventions and Patent Law. So, I have no problem combining these two, nor do most of the technical and scientific types I have been involved with over the years.
PPS**--There is a longer list here: http://www.thelordsnewchurch.org/famous-people-influenced-by-swedenborg.html#Frost
PPPS--I was very surprised to find D.T. Suzuki on the list above, as he was one of the advocates of Zen Buddhism that I read or read about in those long gone years.
 
Last edited:
(2) a work-around designed by some force more intent on our imprisonment than advance in order to avoid the system intended by God. That system is, I think, probably a good deal more humane than it is often represented to be.
What made you come to view it this way?

I think the current system is more humane than people give it credit for and I don't understand all the "trap and prison" noise on the internet these days. That's not directed at you personally. I think people are simply resisting both growth and being accountable for their own actions and it's manifesting as angst.
 
Hi Totoro,

Prison Planet: In terms of the "imprisonment" model, what if the opportunities for growth, happiness, and fulfillment are much, much greater by continuing to ascend to higher levels rather than staying on the Merry-go-Round here? Likewise, what if staying on this Merry-go-Round is a way of avoiding accountability and resisting growth--especially for the malevolent forces that imprison us here? That has certainly been proposed by many online, and by some on this board.

Glitch: In terms of the "glitch" model, I found the approach taken by Tomberg in "Meditations on the Tarot: A Journey into Christian Hermeticism" to be very interesting as well. Tomberg was a Theosophist, an Anthroposophist and a brilliant scholar. He was also, after going through the foregoing stages, an extremely devout scholar and practitioner of Christianity. His view seems to be that reincarnation is real but not ideal. It is something that was a product of the "Fall" and possibly necessary because of the Fall. I could go into more detail, and I am not sure I always understand him, but I definitely find him interesting. I also like the fact that his approach is not nearly as frighteningly framed as some of the "Prison Planet" advocates I have read.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I will probably try to set forth Tomberg's thoughts on reincarnation at some point, but he is a hard man to summarize (and sometimes to understand). So, it may be a while before I get around to it.
 
Back
Top