• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What Happened Between 1915 and 1958?

patrick1882

New Member
Yesterday I asked if I had another life between 1915 and 1958.
This morning I had strong memories of working on a gothic church.
There were piles of rubble and a neat stack of stone parts from the church.
I was on my hands and knees on top of scaffolding. The scaffold was setup inside a large doorway or portal. I was near the crest of a pointed arch. The scaffold was made of shiny new looking pipe and new 2 x 12 planks. I was working on the scaffold tightening a square headed nut on a “U” bolt. I was looking down and saw a man lift a stone out of the rubble. When he stood up holding the stone to his chest an incredibly forceful blast of white light came from the place he had lifted the stone from. I remember being lifted in the air and forced up against the inside of the arch.
 
patrick1882 said:
I was looking down and saw a man lift a stone out of the rubble. When he stood up holding the stone to his chest an incredibly forceful blast of white light came from the place he had lifted the stone from. I remember being lifted in the air and forced up against the inside of the arch.

Were you in England or somewhere else in Europe and found an unexploded bomb while repairing damage to a church?

They are still finding them regularly in that area, leftovers from WWI and WWII. And they are still very much live ammo that will explode if not handled by the bomb squad.

Phoenix
 
Yes, I got the impressoin it was a few years after WW2 in London and a bomb exploded when the weight of the stone was removed
 
I am remembering some of the life before the death I described in my last post.
The most dominate thing is the green rolling landscape. There is a gothic church and a few simple stone buildings and stone walls. I am wearing the hooded robe of a monk and so are most of the people around me. We are clearing a field of stones that look like they were scattered from a ruined building. We are also disassembling a wall that appears to be made from the same stones. I am collecting stones that have carvings and ones that can be re-cut into something new. I see four Hurricane fighter planes lined up on one side and men in uniformed looking on.

I have had visions of being a stone carving monk before but I had no idea it was my most resent life.
 
Reincarnation is something that I personally “see” and believe from my own vantage point. When I was a teenager a tried to be a serious Christian, I carried a Bible and acted the part, but I didn’t have the strong faith that others around me seemed to have. I was more a doubting Thomas, seeing is believing for me. Faith is a talent that I don’t have. I found spiritual meaning in making things with my hands. After failing at Christianity a felt empowered to find my own way spiritually. I felt “welcomed” to believe what I believe and not worry if it fits some doctrine. I have felt like I am spiritually stronger than I deserve to be based on my present lifetime alone. Did my last life earn me some good Karma points that help me in this one?
 
patrick1882 said:
I am wearing the hooded robe of a monk and so are most of the people around me... [snip] I see four Hurricane fighter planes lined up on one side and men in uniformed looking on.

Monks in England in the 1940s? Henry VIII had dissolved the monasteries four hundred years earlier, but some Roman Catholic orders returned to the United Kingdom in the 19th Century; Ampleforth, Aylesford, Ealing Abbey and Walsingham spring to mind... Hang on a second - Ealing Abbey (Benedictine monks) was bombed (click on 'Abbey Church' link) in October 1940 - although it was a good ten miles from the nearest RAF base - RAF Northolt - Hurricanes stopped flying from there round about 1941 when they were replaced by Spitfires. No mention of unexploded bombs being accidentally detonated during clean-up though.

Michal
 
The bomb may have been in London in the 1950s

I worked for Benedictine monks in the early 1980s at the St. Louis Priory and School in St. Louis MO.
This vision included strong feelings that I may have known some of the same monks in this lifetime and the last. The monks came to St. Louis from England in 1954. The views I got of the planes were from the front. I called them hurricanes because they had Merlin’s and the wing tips looked square.
 
patrick1882 said:
The bomb may have been in London in the 1950s... The views I got of the planes were from the front. I called them hurricanes because they had Merlin’s and the wing tips looked square.

Hmmm... Hurricanes did not have square wingtips - only Merlin-engined fighter that fits would be the P-51 Mustang (licence built Rolls-Royce Merlins made in the USA by Packard). And the Hurricane was an out-of-date relic by 1942-43; although individual airframes would be used as 'gate guardians' for many years after the end of the war, you wouldn't see four in a row by the 1950s. The Mustang soldiered on in RAF service into the late 1940s until, like all piston-engined fighters, it was replaced by jets.

London was a bombsite until well into the 1960s. Unexploded bombs though would mostly have been cleared shortly after VE-Day.

Michal
 
Whatever kind of plane it was it did not have a p 51's intake scoop underneath or the Spitfires sexy shape. We are talking about something that is a lot like a dream, not the history Channel

The field clearing took place many years before the explosion.

I am posting this supposed past life as it comes to me not as a completely researched story
 
I looked at an image of a Hurricane on the web before I used the word “square”. I knew I was not completely right. Was I supposed to say that the wing tips had a slight cord arch?
I was at work and square sounded like a quick simple way of saying that it was not an elliptical winged Spitfire. I think if I tried to describe my dad’s 1959 Rambler that I road in when I was I kid (it was square) and then looked it up on the web I would find lots of mistakes in my memory. I am looking for spiritual understanding not verification. If I start worrying about every detail being absolutely true my purpose will be lost. All I know is, I felt that explosion when I remembered it. I felt that timber crack my head and I Have some Idea of what it might be like to drown.

Michal, please respond to my strings again your knowledge of WW 2 is impressive.
 
Hi Patrick,

Although I believe to have been a pilot in the Luftwaffa in WWII, I also certainly could not describe any plane in details. I think Michal was just trying to give a helping hand... :thumbsup: ;)
 
Hi Patrick,

Validation is important - of course there are many different theories, such as parallel universe (reminds me of a gag by a British comedian about a parallel universe identical to ours, but in which the Mini Metro had a slightly longer gearstick).

The Internet is changing reincarnation research dramatically. There's so much info available, it's a question of 'does it feel right and does it fit'. Only you know what you feel. I think your point about the 1959 Rambler is well-made. I can see one in my mind's eye but could never draw one. But I'd recognise one from among 30 other American cars from the era, but not be able to describe it other as squarish and with raked window pillars...

There are tens of thousands of excellent hi-res images of single Merlin-engined British warplanes - including Boulton-Paul Defiant and Fairey Battle.

Michal
 
Michal,

Before I joined this forum I had never spoken openly about past lives. I am slowly getting use to the different issues that come up. Your intensity and passion for detail took me by surprise.

I now have the understanding that the monks were invited to the expanding airfield out of respect for the ruined church and the possibility of human remains being uncovered.

Patrick
 
I meditated to find out more about the planes.

At first I looked at myself, I was still wearing the robe. I don’t know how anyone can pick up and carry stones wile wearing a monk's robe but that is what I have been seeing. I looked at my feet I was wearing sandals with wide leather straps they were almost like shoes I must have been wearing socks I could not see any skin.

I walked up to one of the planes, a crew of three enlisted men with stripes on their sleeves were working on the plane. One of the men said that God must be looking out for the plane and he showed me a three or four inch hole that passed through the fuselage behind the wing. The shell did not explode it just tore the fabric on both sides of the aircraft. It did not hit the steel tube frame and just missed the control cables. I could see the tubing, the cables and the ragged edges of the cloth.
 
patrick1882 said:
. One of the men said that God must be looking out for the plane and he showed me a three or four inch hole that passed through the fuselage behind the wing. The shell did not explode it just tore the fabric on both sides of the aircraft. It did not hit the steel tube frame and just missed the control cables. I could see the tubing, the cables and the ragged edges of the cloth.

Good detail Patrick! Have done any research regarding monasteries close to RAF bases? Should not be too difficult... The image of monks clearing parts of an expanding airbase is plausible. War goes on, the runway must be extended for bigger aircraft (bombers?), the monks from the nearby monastery have a chance to check the land beforehand.

I look forward to more - you're moving in the right direction, I feel!

Michal
 
The monks that I worked with in the 1980s at the Saint Louis Abbey in St. Louis Mo. came from Ampleforth Abbey in Yorkshire. I felt a strong connection between the Saint Louis monks and the WW 2 monks. RAF Waddington is nearby. They flew Fairy Battles out of there in the early part of the war. Was the Battle light bomber constructed with fabric over a tubular frame? If it was it fits the aircraft that I am seeing.
 
This is a now looking very strong! The Battle was not a successful aircraft, and was soon transferred to training and target towing duties. I'd be interested to see whether the Battle had the range to fly from RAF Waddington to somewhere where it could get hit by German flak... Of course the plane could have taken some 'friendly fire' somewhere over northern England. Battles took part in the French campaign of May 1940 with the British Expeditionary Force, and took a beating from German Messerschmitts and ground fire.

Michal
 
When I looked at drawings and photos of the Fairey Battle I got my “goosebumpy” feeling that a use as an indicator of when something fits. I felt nothing when I looked at Hurricane pictures. I downloaded a drawing that shows the same spot behind the gunner’s seat that I saw. The hole was near the back end of the wing fairing.
The hard chine between the sides and the flat bottom of the fuselage and the framing members match what I saw.
 
142 Squadron flew Battles to France from Waddington in 1940:

http://www.19clarendondrive.freeserve.co.uk/history.htm

“142 Squadron returned from the Advanced Air Striking Force in France in May 1940 and served in 1 Group, flying Battles and Wellingtons from Waddington…”


http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafwaddington/battle.html

“Battles were not used at Waddington until 5 Group Target Towing Flight arrived for a year in May 1940, shortly after which 142 Sqn returned from France for a months regrouping and re-equipment in June 1940. Battle QT-G, shown on the left at Waddington, was one of only 13 surviving aircraft! The 250 airmen were accommodated in 2 hangar and the squadron's crews attracted a lot of interest with their rough unkept appearance. All the air gunners received a promotion”

Monks were just as mobile as anyone else in 1940. My memory has now expanded to getting out of a car and shaking an Officer’s hand before looking at the site. Certain monks are still considered experts in many different fields. They may have been called to the base from anywhere in the UK. I am looking for a ruined Abby near a base not a active one.

I am going to write a Brother that a made friends with in St. Louis and ask about Benedictine involvement in historic preservation and Abby and Church reconstruction during and after WW 2.
 
patrick1882 said:
Reincarnation is something that I personally “see” and believe from my own vantage point. When I was a teenager a tried to be a serious Christian, I carried a Bible and acted the part, but I didn’t have the strong faith that others around me seemed to have. I was more a doubting Thomas, seeing is believing for me. Faith is a talent that I don’t have.
I disagree with the fact that you say you don't have faith. You have faith that your memories are truely past life and not just something you scrounge up out of nowhere, or saw on TV so long ago you think it actually happened to you. It seems to me like you have faith, and everyone who believes in anything has to have a little faith :)

On another note, I really found it interesting what you've remembered. But when you asked the initial question, where you in meditation, or about to fall asleep? just curious, because it might be a method I want to try! Oh, and on the christianity note, I'm right with you. except I discovered very early on (I remember even when being in preschool) that it seemed insufficient on it's own. It'll be itneresting to see what more you uncover about this lifetime, and how it's affected you now.
~Elese~
 
I meditate at different times during the day when I am alone. Very early in the morning when I am not fully awake works best.

Thirty years ago I was involved with an Assembly of God church. I received what they called the “Baptism of the Holy Spirit” that included the gift or tongues. After the Pastor has kicked out for adultery and my girlfriend was groped by a church member I tossed the baby Jesus out with the bath water. I was told that the gift of the Holy Spirit would never go away. It didn’t go away even though I am no longer Christian I still speak in tongues. For years I knew the gift was there but I felt I had no right to use it.
A few years ago I attended a Shamanic drumming session. I found that I could connect to the Spiritual realm quickly with or without the drums. Tongues spilled out of me all the way home and throughout the next day. I found that I had a powerful tool to work with.

I do have faith in what I can see on my own, not it what others tell me.
 
Patrick - your digging is better than my digging! I'm glad you found validation for Battles at RAF Waddington. Next step is to find the old monastery site near the airfield...

Michal
 
Reincarnation is something that I personally “see” and believe from my own vantage point. When I was a teenager a tried to be a serious Christian, I carried a Bible and acted the part, but I didn’t have the strong faith that others around me seemed to have. I was more a doubting Thomas, seeing is believing for me. Faith is a talent that I don’t have. I found spiritual meaning in making things with my hands. After failing at Christianity a felt empowered to find my own way spiritually. I felt “welcomed” to believe what I believe and not worry if it fits some doctrine. I have felt like I am spiritually stronger than I deserve to be based on my present lifetime alone. Did my last life earn me some good Karma points that help me in this one?

I think it may be more a case of been there, done that. In your last life you were a Monk, so perhaps you don't want to have blind faith and go down that path again. Your desire to do so when younger could just be a residual carry over from your last life. Another possibility is living through World War Two and then dying from a bomb in a church caused you to lose faith in the world in general. I heard a similar case of a woman who in this life did not have faith uncovering a past life as a priest who lost faith after living through the World Wars. I myself recall alot of recent lives as a total atheist/materialist. It's not surprzing that since World War II Europe has become increasingly secular either. Personally I see this as a good thing. I don't favor believing anything based purely on faith. I believe in reincarnation based, not on faith, but from personal experience and studying the evidence. Questioning things is a good thing, even if it's gotten me killed in a good many lives...
 
I have just fond out that I was a short tempered violent slave owner around 1820. (See Negative thoughts from a Past Life in Reincarnation Questions)

I also found out my monk was a priest. I think I like being somewhere in the moral middle where I am now.

I have more detail about my monk:

When I was greeted by the Officer at the air field he said “Welcome Father.”

My name may have been Father James.

I was fluent in French and German and may have had a PhD.

The church explosion may have been in Calais France.
 
Calais France makes perfect sense in terms of the Fairey Battles of the British Expeditionary Force! Heading in the right direction, Patrick... we're rooting for you!

Michal
 
When I asked where the church was I saw a street sign sticking out a pile rubble on the sidewalk it said “RUE HOR…” I could not see the right side of sign but I thought it was something like Rue Hornet. Multiple language skills did not carry over to this life. Can someone that speaks French help me search for a WW 2 bomb explosion in a church?
 
Back
Top