• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What does a child mean when he says, " I chose you and Daddy for my parents?

Trisha Ann

New Member
I'm new to the forum, and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. Hopefully, someone can help.
My son was a very happy, extremely bright baby. He started reading before he could talk, with hand gestures and flash cards. He's now 7 and reading better than 80% of the country. Aside from that about 2 years ago, he went to my father and stepmother and explained that his old parents, biological dad/ stepmom, were very mean to him. His stepmother whipped him on the butt. He lived in a white house. Lastly, he told them that he chose my husband and myself to be his new parents, so he would be happy. We haven't questioned him about it again until now. When asked," What happened in your other life?" , he responds the same. This time I asked him how he died, and he said he didn't die. I then asked him if he met God, and he said no because he would have had to die.
Then he said that he didn't want to talk about it anymore.
He was born with a birthmark on his bottom that looks like a bruise. He is extremely scared to get a spanking. He rarely gets them, and if he does, it's usually a light tap, because he'll scream "bloody murder" even with that. His feeling are hurt easily, and he cries easily. So, I guess my questions are how do children choose their new parents, and am I right by believing that he died of child abuse?
 
Hi Trisha Ann


Welcome to the forum!


We have a section devoted to children's stories, so I've moved this there for you. Yes. This does sound a lot like past life memories. It's a lot more common than you might think.

...Aside from that about 2 years ago, he went to my father and stepmother and explained that his old parents, biological dad/ stepmom, were very mean to him. His stepmother whipped him on the butt. He lived in a white house. Lastly, he told them that he chose my husband and myself to be his new parents, so he would be happy...
From what we know, in the 'life between life' state - let's call it 'heaven' for short - people are presented with a few choices as to what they want to do in their next life. It depends on various things, but, it seems that when 'the time is right' the 'elders' or 'guides' will summon a 'soul' and show them a few options for their next life. So, it would seem that your son chose you, just as he says.


There are some interesting books written on the life between life experience by Dr Brian Weiss who specialises in it. You might be interested in taking a look at his web page: http://www.brianweiss.com/
 
Thanks!


Thanks so much for the insight. I was completely clueless where to start with understanding this and understanding my son's past feelings and emotions.ticonthumbshumbsup
 
Take a look around in here and you will see many fascinating stories by other parents. There is a thread here about a child who had been abused in a previous life and how the parents dealt with it.


3 year old with a vivid past


Feel free to ask any questions or share any stories about your son.
 
Back
Top