• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Was given a tape and it has scared me a little!

Aubrianna

Member
I was given a past life regression hypnosis tape by a family member and since they are very keen I listened to it to keep them happy. I am going to be totally honest posting this and say I have never though about past lives, never looked into it and I am still not really sure I believe in it BUT the whole thing has shocked me, I found this forum googling past lives and was hoping someone may be able to give me a clue of what is expected to happen when you listen to these.

I started listening to the tape not expecting it to have any effect, but actually it did although not the clear and dramatic story that the person giving it to me had told me she had.

Basically the tape asked who are you - after a while I thought Engel - Catherine Engel (sorry dont know how you spell that) and where it asked for dates or important events I only thought 1563. Not sure if thats when it was (I was an adult) or if it was an important date or something else.

It then gave you a while to "look around" I seriously spent about 5 minutes staring at a piece of wood. Some sort of worktop or furniture but just staring at this wood. Then I saw a river or stream and some grass that was it!

It asked you to remember the names of significant people in the past life I just kept thinking "Alain" or "allaine" seemed to be a man who I think was my husband simply because when It asked me to imagine a time just before my own death I didnt I imagined a time just before his death (he died outside thats all I know) and when I looked at him he had my current husbands face!

The only thing I remember apart from that it that I felt hungry although I did see my legs and the didnt look like I was really thin - so not sure what that meant.

At the end It asked us to think about a lesson from that life. But I didnt I suddenly saw my mum (from this life - she died when I was 17) standing there clear as day and saying "take notice of them" over and over - she didnt say but I felt like it meant my children and also saying "I love you" and actually hugging me at the point where the recording was saying you are coming round she was hugging me goodbye!

I have no idea what to make of this. As I say I wasnt expecting anything I listened to it to keep a family member happy and I am a little freaked out by the whole thing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this. If it was a past life why would the most important thing to me be staring at this piece of wood and why does Alan look like my husband?!

Sorry if any of this sounds flippant but It has shaken me a little!
 
Hi Aubrianna


Welcome to the forum. There's nothing to be worried about. This is a very good result from a first regression/self-hypnosis session. You have done very well. With a little more practice you will probably find it easier to get more details.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this. If it was a past life why would the most important thing to me be staring at this piece of wood and why does Alan look like my husband?!
It's not unusual, in fact it is the norm to reincarnate over and over with the same group of friends and family. People call this your 'soul group'. In ordinary life we like to hang out with those people too. People have a way of finding each other again, so it's likely your present day husband was Allaine/Alan.

It then gave you a while to "look around" I seriously spent about 5 minutes staring at a piece of wood. Some sort of worktop or furniture but just staring at this wood. Then I saw a river or stream and some grass that was it!
As to the piece of wood, it's difficult to say. If you meditate on this further answers might come to you. We usually remember things that are significant for whatever reason, just as we remember the significant moments from our present life most clearly. Perhaps it was a significant moment in that life for some reason when you were staring at this table top, but you haven't remembered all of it yet?


If you want to look into all this further it's very wise to start a journal. Get yourself a nice little book and keep it handy. Write things down as they come to you. It can help make more sense of it all. Don't worry if it feels as though you are making it up at first. Just go with what comes to you. All you need to know is inside you. It's a lot easier to bring it back than most people think.
 
Thanks for your reply.


I like the idea of being with my husband before we have been together since we were 15 and have been very happy. I am not sure i want to do the regression again, although I felt generally contented during it afterwards I felt really strongly that I was glad I was finished and had to go find my husband to make sure he was ok!. I am really interested but it was difficult to forget the feeling of relief I wasn't actually there - if that makes sense.


With the wood I have no idea what that was about other than the fact it was very nice but we'll worn wood!.


I am really torn between wanting to know more and the feeling of not knowing why it affected me so much!
 
Take your time and get a journal. You might find more stuff comes floating up by itself for a couple of days. That's normal and it's OK.


Sometimes what you recall might be upsetting, but it's always good to know what it's all about. It can help greatly with present day anxieties and issues to know where they might stem from. Please feel free to discuss it here if you want. Many of us are very familiar with this kind of thing and can give you good advice and a listening ear.
 
Welcome to the forum. For a first regression you did very well. It would help to read some books on reincarnation. There is a section of recommended books here. Also look at the videos in the video archive section. Do you have children? Did they say anything odd when they were little? Like "Before when I was big..". If you look at the messages in the children's memories section here you will find that is very common. In the old days people just thought they were imagining or dreaming. But thanks to the internet you can research what the kids are saying and many times the kids are very accurate. They say things that are impossible for a 2 or 3 year old to know about.
 
thanks :)


I have 5 children none of them have mentioned anything apart from my third daughter who used to say "when I was your mummy" She wouldn't follow it up with anything revealing though it was always a question like "when I was your mummy what colour hair did I have?" so she didn't really seem to know anything.
 
Little children remember. Grown ups remember. Perhaps your daughter knew you before too. Something to think about. Take your time. All will be well.
 
Hi, Aubrianna, and welcome! I think that your past life husband having your current husband's face was the way that your subconscious chose to tell you that they are the same soul/person. I think you had a great first regression! There is no reason to be afraid, although I understand how unsettling this must be. Did you have any sense of what country you were in? The way you spelled "Alain" made me think of France, but Engel sounds German. The only things of historical significance that I could find for 1563, were Hugenot prosecutions, and Jews being expelled from France, and Moravia. How wonderful that you "saw" your mother!
 
Hello and welcome Aubrianna, I love your name. It sounds to me like your first encounter with a past life memory was a good one. There are no rules to all of this, take your time and allow every new day to manifest the direction you take. One thing that I noticed... when I first "discovered" reincarnation things just started happening all around me. Others labeled it synchronicity. I'll bet you'll be noticing things, little things, mysterious things that will make you stop and wonder... it's all part of the journey. As Tanguerra said above, keep a journal. I will advise you to set aside a few minutes every day to meditate in quiet... open your mind and soul to the universe. I think you'll find a path that you'll feel very comfortable with. Enjoy the mystery!!


Tinkerman
 
Aubrianna said:
Basically the tape asked who are you - after a while I thought Engel - Catherine Engel (sorry dont know how you spell that) and where it asked for dates or important events I only thought 1563. Not sure if thats when it was (I was an adult) or if it was an important date or something else.
Engel is a German name. Means "angel". I went to school with a boy whose last name was Engelman. He said his dad told him it means "angel man".
 
You are a opened minded person Aubrianna.


Don't be suprised if more memories start coming


out on there own. We are here if it becomes too


much.
 
Forgive my late reply, I meant to reply sooner but I wanted to give this the time it deserved.


I truly believe that what you have experienced, many people here have searched for. Many here have been searching clues for who their reincarnated soulmate is or has been in this lifetime, and you have been simply united with yours and this is merely an affirmation of that.


I think you should accept these experiences for the gifts they are. If one of your children is the reincarnation of a relative, that is perfectly possible and many case studies have been made with similar situations. Many families have noted that souls reincarnate within their family lineages. Most of them have had no experience dealing with this sort of thing and had no awareness it was possible until evidence presented itself.


It's not something to be freaked out by or scared of. Be comforted by it. This knowledge is given to you so you may be at peace with it. There is a feeling of continuity with you and those you love, and your awareness creates an even stronger bind with them. Simply accept this and accept your love and let yourself experience whatever you want to in terms of exploring further. Or don't and be content with what you have already discovered.


Either way, I thank you for sharing this with us.


Astrolabe
 
Back
Top