• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

So, I'm new here: a little about my story

Juliaries

New Member
Hello :cool I came across this website today as I was searching the internet for past life memories of the American Civil War. I'm a 22 year old female living in Pennsylvania with nobody to talk to about my growing interest in what I believe to be my most recent previous life. If I could, I would talk about it all the time, but I'm sure many of you understand how this wouldnt be seen as... sane. I convinced myself to sign up in hopes these forums could give me a place to solidify all the floating thoughts and feelings I have about my past life. During the last few years since I turned 18, I've slowly come to terms with the idea I could be experiencing feelings left from my experience as a man in the civil war.

Ill start from the beginning:D When I was a young child, I always felt I "should have been" a boy. The thing is, I am not transgendered. I never had the overwhelming feeling of needing to be a guy. I was more struck with the thought of how much I would have liked to be a boy instead. At this point, I'm fairly feminine, and have mostly outgrown that thought. I am also a lesbian, and I have absolutely zero attraction to men. In fact, I clearly remember thinking as a 5 year old girl, "There's no way I'm going to marry a man. That's too weird." HAHA. So I've always wondered if a significant or recent incarnation can effect how one perceives gender and/or sexual identity (I've always toyed with this thought).
I have a brother only one year younger than me. When we were very young, as early as I can remember, we played a game we called "Gaga and Noodle" which basically was just us being brothers instead of a brother and a sister. There wasnt really any game at all. The only difference was I was able to boss him around more when I was pretending to be "Gaga", his older brother. In the game I imagined myself as a young man with dirty blonde hair. I dont know why I called myself Gaga, or why his name was even weirder, "Noodle". Looking back, I realize how I really identified with this man I clearly imagined and "wanted" to be at the time. My brother was also in the boy scouts, and I was SO JEALOUS! I went to every camping trip, shot the bb guns, made the little car things, and caught frogs with all the boys. I always felt left out though. I was a girl, and I couldnt be a part of their brotherhood really. I could sit by the camp fire and play man hunt, but at the end of the day, I couldnt earn the badges. This experience was very significant because of my connection to the civil war. I feel there was a sort of parallel between me wanting to be in the boy scouts and serving in the war.
Ive only had two memories of my past life, but they were enough to finally convince me of what I wondered for a long time. I've had little interesting thoughts growing up about war and the word "Yankee", but this and my obsession with the war and Gettysburg wasnt enough to convince myself fully. I always would tell myself to not think into it or make stuff up. That's what I'm most cautious of.

I feel like this post is scattered, so I'll just highlight these two points
- im new here :thumbsup: and this seems like a great place to talk about these things that are so taboo normally.
- I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has had influence from a past life's sexual orientation or gender in a present life. I have a very even mixture of feminine and masculine energies about me now, but in the beginning of this life I was very stuck on wishing I was a manly man still haha
 
Juliaries said:
If I could, I would talk about it all the time, but I'm sure many of you understand how this wouldnt be seen as... sane.
Welcome to the forum. You can talk about it here all you want and no one will think you are crazy. :thumbsup:

Juliaries said:
When I was a young child, I always felt I "should have been" a boy. In fact, I clearly remember thinking as a 5 year old girl, "There's no way I'm going to marry a man. That's too weird." HAHA. So I've always wondered if a significant or recent incarnation can effect how one perceives gender and/or sexual identity (I've always toyed with this thought).
I would say yes.

Juliaries said:
I have a brother only one year younger than me. When we were very young, as early as I can remember, we played a game we called "Gaga and Noodle" which basically was just us being brothers instead of a brother and a sister. There wasnt really any game at all. The only difference was I was able to boss him around more when I was pretending to be "Gaga", his older brother. In the game I imagined myself as a young man with dirty blonde hair. I dont know why I called myself Gaga, or why his name was even weirder, "Noodle". Looking back, I realize how I really identified with this man I clearly imagined and "wanted" to be at the time.
It sounds like you were his older brother in a past life. Start keeping a journal and write all of this down. "Gaga" and "Noodle" could be clues to one of your past lives. They could be a foreign language. There are people here in the forum who speak different languages and may be able to help. Take a look around the forum and read the old threads, look at the video archive section, and there is a recommended book section. Have you read any books on reincarnation yet? Carol Bowman has written two good books called "Children's Past Lives" and "Return From Heaven". She became interested after her own children talked about their past life memories. Another book you need to read is "Soul Survivor" by Andrea and Bruce Leninger. Carol was the one who advised them when their son James was having nightmares about being a WWII pilot shot down in 1945.
 
Juliaries, that is interesting. The name Gaga strikes me because it is a nickname for Ga Je in Cantonese...which means older sister. I'm sure it could be from any other language and quite likely more of a made up nickname...since Noodle is in English. Anyway, interesting to note.
 
Juliaries said:
If I could, I would talk about it all the time, but I'm sure many of you understand how this wouldnt be seen as... sane.
I would talk about it 24/7 too if I could Juliaries!! :laugh: I can totally identify with you on many many different levels~ I too am a woman, but I've always felt as if I should have been born a boy, and was telling my mother this from the age of 7, however I'm not transgender, I'm of neutral gender, I don't really identify as any, and I'm also bisexual :) I feel like my gender identity probably has something to do with my most vivid (and from what I've been able to recall) most recent past life as a soldier in WW1. I too used to hang out with the boys, I wasn't afraid to get dirty in the mud, climb trees and play full contact sports, unlike other girls my age.


I have only a few memories of my past life too, but I've found that thinking about your past life as you're dozing or drifting off to sleep works wonders! NEVER second guess yourself. If you have a gut feeling or an instinct or an image in your mind, trust it. I always feel like I could be making stuff up, but I'm absolutely positive that when you feel so strongly about a place, a memory, a thought, there has to be SOMETHING behind it. :)


If you feel like talking about your past life in depth with some crazy enthusiast like yourself, drop me a message on my profile and I can give you my Skype! :D
 
I pretty much had the expectation that I would grow up to be a girl when I was much younger. I can still readily feel like what it feels like to be a girl, if there is such a thing. I've also regularly experienced period pain.


And I don't identify as transgender or anything. I think my having such a strong recollection of being female is because I died rather young in my last life.
 
BethC said:
Juliaries, that is interesting. The name Gaga strikes me because it is a nickname for Ga Je in Cantonese...which means older sister. I'm sure it could be from any other language and quite likely more of a made up nickname...since Noodle is in English. Anyway, interesting to note.
It's very interesting you pointed this out, because my brother actually told my mother when he was about 3 years old that she was his friend once, not his mother. He said they died in a flood or something. He even said some names to her which she doesnt remember, because they sounded Chinese and not english at all. I wish my mom would have asked more about it when he was obviously still very aware. I'm not sure if I personally have any connection with the life he described, but it is still very interesting to think of how it connects for him. :D
 
ColourODarkness said:
I have only a few memories of my past life too, but I've found that thinking about your past life as you're dozing or drifting off to sleep works wonders! NEVER second guess yourself. If you have a gut feeling or an instinct or an image in your mind, trust it. I always feel like I could be making stuff up, but I'm absolutely positive that when you feel so strongly about a place, a memory, a thought, there has to be SOMETHING behind it. :)


If you feel like talking about your past life in depth with some crazy enthusiast like yourself, drop me a message on my profile and I can give you my Skype! :D
Im still getting used to this site's format. I'm not used to forums like this haha I would love to talk more in depth with someone about it. I have a really close friend I've recently began talking to about this stuff. She knows how borderline obsessed I am with he civil war, and I'm even bringing her with me to Gettysburg in a few days, but its still really hard for me to not filter my thoughts in fear of her thinking I'm completely nuts :thumbsup: So im not really sure how to write profile messages or whatever, but if you'd like to talk considering our similarities and such, go ahead and send me something. I dont fully understand the site yet cover face

argonne1918 said:
Welcome to the forum. You can talk about it here all you want and no one will think you are crazy. :thumbsup:
It sounds like you were his older brother in a past life. Start keeping a journal and write all of this down. "Gaga" and "Noodle" could be clues to one of your past lives. They could be a foreign language. There are people here in the forum who speak different languages and may be able to help. Take a look around the forum and read the old threads, look at the video archive section, and there is a recommended book section. Have you read any books on reincarnation yet? Carol Bowman has written two good books called "Children's Past Lives" and "Return From Heaven". She became interested after her own children talked about their past life memories. Another book you need to read is "Soul Survivor" by Andrea and Bruce Leninger. Carol was the one who advised them when their son James was having nightmares about being a WWII pilot shot down in 1945.
I've read a lot about reincarnation over the years, and have always had an understanding of it. Despite being raised and told you live once and stay in heaven forever, I always knew that was wrong, or just didnt make any sense. I'm really looking forward to understanding more of my feelings and thoughts about all this by identifying with others' experiences. It's exciting!!!


I havnt actually read Carol Bowman's books, but perhaps I'll have to do that soon :D


Thanks everyone for your responses wine**
 
Juliaries said:
So im not really sure how to write profile messages or whatever, but if you'd like to talk considering our similarities and such, go ahead and send me something. I dont fully understand the site yet
I think what she means is a "PM" which stands for private message. Up at the top right corner is a box which says "Welcome, xxxx". There you should see "Private Messages" underlined. If you click on that it will take you to the private message menu. In the address box start typing the screen name of who you want to send the message to.
 
Spirits can choose the sex they wish


Yes, you are probably remembering aspects of your past life. The important point to remember is that you worked on planning out your current life, when you were in the spirit world.


According to Spiritism, the belief that we are all immortal souls who reincarnate so we may become pure spirits (souls that learn to be selfless, charitable, fraternal, loving to all). Hence, when we have finished one life, we analyze what we did right and wrong, then use that data to plan our next life so we are able to absorb the correct lessons.


Many wonder, why don't we have memories of our past live? Because we are here to learn, not to have prejudices one way or the other. But we do retain two important aspects;


1. Conscience - Always listen to your conscience, it has thousands , if not more, years of experience and will tell you if you are making a mistake,


2. Instinct - Again, your instinct is intact, when you feel something not right , or the opposite, listen to that.


If you would like to learn more about Spiritism, please visit NWSpiritism
 
Brian,


Again this is your opinion, not a fact. There are many possibilities regarding reincarnation and past lives. Some religions believe some do not. They all differ, just as peoples experiences differ. We are each unique. Spiritism is only one of the many scenarios that can play out for some people. Not all.

Hence, when we have finished one life, we analyze what we did right and wrong, then use that data to plan our next life so we are able to absorb the correct lessons.
There is a lot of documentation where people are drawn to people, not having chosen them. Ian Stevenson has cases, Carol has cases. The Tibetan Book of the Dead speaks of this frequently. SO please, you are welcome to state your opinion, but don't state them as facts.
 
BethC said:
Juliaries, that is interesting. The name Gaga strikes me because it is a nickname for Ga Je in Cantonese...which means older sister. I'm sure it could be from any other language and quite likely more of a made up nickname...since Noodle is in English. Anyway, interesting to note.
'Go go' is Mandarin (Chinese) for big brother. It certainly could be a nickname that you used to use. It doesn't have to mean you were Chinese (necessarily) but it might have been something you picked up along the way somewhere. Little brother is "Di di" so nothing to do with Noodle, but most likely another nickname.
 
Juliaries said:
- I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has had influence from a past life's sexual orientation or gender in a present life. I have a very even mixture of feminine and masculine energies about me now, but in the beginning of this life I was very stuck on wishing I was a manly man still haha
Hi Juliaries


Welcome to the forum.


This question about gender and sexuality comes up quite often. You can search around and find other threads about it. I don't know if there is any conclusive evidence either way as to what impact (if any) the previous life gender has on sexuality. It seems to be fairly random from what I can tell, but maybe we don't have enough info to see a pattern yet.


I've been both genders in roughly equal measure I think and was also quite a 'tom boy' in my childhood (I still am a bit). Although I can be quite 'feminine' in many ways, I also feel quite androgynous on the inside if that makes sense.


I don't remember ever being same sex-attracted myself, although there have been various stories on the forum from people who remember having different types of sexuality in different lives. So I guess it's another one of those 'it depends' things. There is no problem talking about this kind of thing on the forum, by the way, as long as we don't get too explicit as we often get kids in here.


We did a bit of a poll a while back and it seems that most people spend about 50/50 time being male or female, but some seem to prefer one gender or the other and tend to be more 80/20 male or female depending on their preference. Everyone, it seems, spends at least a few lives as either gender.


There are all sorts of theories around as to what it's all about, as you will see. Some think that we plan everything out very carefully because we have set lessons to learn. Others that it's a bit more random than that. Perhaps this is because the experience is not the same for everyone, just as the experience of life isn't the same for everyone? Maybe some people are 'planners' and others prefer to 'wing it'?


Be sure to take a look around in the FAQs where you will find all kinds of useful information about how to recover more information on past lives and the answers to a lot of questions that people often have.
 
In my most recent past life I was a Japanese man in 19th century Japan. My mom still tells me that when I was born and for my first two years, I had all the mannerisms of a Japanese man and was very angry to have been born a girl, because girls can't do anything. I remember being 3 and her telling me that so much had been done for equality that these days women can do anything a man can. So I had her make a list of everything I wanted to grow up to be. All I remember from the list is fireman lol. I did, however, grow up to excel in a man's profession, but with feminine flair! :)
 
Antonia said:
My mom still tells me that when I was born and for my first two years, I had all the mannerisms of a Japanese man and was very angry to have been born a girl, because girls can't do anything. I remember being 3 and her telling me that so much had been done for equality that these days women can do anything a man can. So I had her make a list of everything I wanted to grow up to be. All I remember from the list is fireman lol. I did, however, grow up to excel in a man's profession, but with feminine flair! :)
I think reincarnation has everything to do with the civil rights and feminist movements. I think the activists were previously males and as females realized that things needed to change.
 
I strongly disagree. A female activist, who was previously female, could have come up with that idea on her own.
 
ColourODarkness said:
I would talk about it 24/7 too if I could Juliaries!! :laugh: I can totally identify with you on many many different levels~ I too am a woman, but I've always felt as if I should have been born a boy, and was telling my mother this from the age of 7, however I'm not transgender, I'm of neutral gender, I don't really identify as any, and I'm also bisexual :) I feel like my gender identity probably has something to do with my most vivid (and from what I've been able to recall) most recent past life as a soldier in WW1. I too used to hang out with the boys, I wasn't afraid to get dirty in the mud, climb trees and play full contact sports, unlike other girls my age.
I have only a few memories of my past life too, but I've found that thinking about your past life as you're dozing or drifting off to sleep works wonders! NEVER second guess yourself. If you have a gut feeling or an instinct or an image in your mind, trust it. I always feel like I could be making stuff up, but I'm absolutely positive that when you feel so strongly about a place, a memory, a thought, there has to be SOMETHING behind it. :)


If you feel like talking about your past life in depth with some crazy enthusiast like yourself, drop me a message on my profile and I can give you my Skype! :D
Thank you for sharing the dozing suggestion, I will be trying this tonight! What I think was 2 past lives ago, I was a little boy that died at age 6 in a car accident. The most recent female past life possibility that I am currently reviewing felt a huge disappointment at being female. I never made the connection until I read this, thank you all for bringing this up. I also identify as bi (though in a hetero monogamous relationship) and feel as if I am more accepting of the feminine in this run...I also have my venus at the last degree of my 12th house astrologically which indicates coming to the end of difficulty in relationships & coming to accept the feminine:)


"Venus


You've always had issues with relationships and romantic partners, and in this lifetime you need to work the kinks out of having a successful relationship. Beauty, charm and aesthetics are also worthy of your reevaluation, and thinking about what makes something or someone pleasing is a big part of that lesson."


I encourage you both to look at your natal chart and see where your venus is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 12th house. :)


http://www.astro.com/
 
Blueheart said:
I strongly disagree. A female activist, who was previously female, could have come up with that idea on her own.
Perhaps a better way of putting it would be 'experiencing injustices can lead people to work for solutions' or something like this? Of course there are never any hard and fast rules to explain the behaviour of individuals.
 
argonne1918 said:
I think reincarnation has everything to do with the civil rights and feminist movements. I think the activists were previously males and as females realized that things needed to change.
That is a possibility... that chauvinist males might come back as females. And before anyone gets started on "not believing in punitive karma", I think they would come back as females because on the soul level they have actually chosen so. When you're up in heaven you see things in a different perspective.


And I also agree females who experienced past lives as females, might become feminists too. I think we have enough lives to get to see a little bit of everything.
 
Back
Top