• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Seeing Crosses

MlleElisa

Member
Since a long time now, i have been having these cross flashbacks, of a Christian Cross ....they just pop into my mind when i close my eyes, or whenever i wink with my eyes, before i fall asleep etc ...they are usually just the shape of a cross, dark, i don't see details or something... just the figure.

I have had them alot more frequent in the past.
It stopped at some point, when i met my old school teacher again who was teaching Christianity and with whom i fell in love with several years ago.

We only had a very short thing going on, and we stopped seeing eachother.

After that, i started to see these crosses again ...

I met my current boyfriend, and the crosses were getting worse, i would see them every day ...

but did stop later during the relationship,...

I remember seeing them a few days ago, again, but they don't appear to me as frequent ...

I'm not very into Christianity or so..
so i think it must be something from a past live ...

It feels like its a 'message' for me or something, something i need to know, or remember ...


Have more people experienced seeing symbols, or anything like that and found out what it was?
 
Hi ElisaD,


Symbolism is very important - throughout history and for many cultures. My favorite resource for symbols is An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols, by JC Cooper I use it for dream symbols, for my art work and for past life memories. The Ankh was my first symbol about 30 years ago. Led me on a wonderful path of discovery.


The cross means many things to different cultures. And there are many different types. Do you see anything specific about the crosses you see?
 
In July I took my family to the Egyptian museum in San Jose CA and I saw in one of the display cases an ankh. This ankh had intricate raised relief symbols and the loop at the top twisted and turned in a double helix down the vertical section of the cross. I have never seen anything like this before, and when I returned to the display case to show my daughter, it was gone! The ankh is the Egyptian symbol for etermal life. It is interesting that the double helix is the genetic base of biological life, and yet I was seening this on an ancient artifact. This is all quite impossible, yet I did see it, and then it was gone when I went back to show my daughter. This was all so very strange, and I looked for it for over 20 minutes and was never able to find it again. I wonder if this was some type of message from beyond? I do feel as though there is some mysterious power in that museum, something timeless and powerful. An experience like this is not one that can be forgotton.
 
Ah, the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, my home away from home when I lived in San Jose! (Technically it's in Santa Clara, but the regional battles in that area are hilarious right down to trying to decide which police force was supposed to respond to calls from what parts of a shopping mall!)


I think I've seen the ankh you're talking about. I've been in there when they are changing exhibitions. Had the opportunity to hold some ancient Egyptian dice, though they wouldn't let me roll them no matter how much I begged! They are fast and they are stealthy. Usually they move things to keep foot traffic flowing seamlessly. You can walk past an area they're working on without realizing you're being steered. They might have been removing it for some reason and got in and out before anyone noticed.


That is an amazing museum. I have been there hundreds of times (I swear!), but the last time I went was the most wonderful. It wasn't because of new exhibits. It was because I went with my 10 year old niece who had never been there before. She must have felt the way I did when I first visited. Her eyes were just sparkling with delight at all the exhibits!
 
Our trip to the Rosicuran Egyptian Museum was the last day of our summer trip which began in Yosemite, continued to Monterrey and Point Lobos, and ended up in San Jose/Santa Clara. I actually got lost in San Jose, it can be a confusing place to drive. Wow, they must be fast if they can remove a display item in about a minute. But I did not see any staff members around at that time. Shiftkitty, if you do find that ankh could you let me know? It was a ivory white color, with a double helix motiff which ran down the center of it. It was not carved, but the inscriptions were raised relief which I have never before seen in antiquity, and I have been to egyptian museums in Washington DC and Chicago and saw nothing like it there. It was an amazing item to see. I hope that it does exist.


Here is a pic that I took when we visited


2012YosemiteTrip103.jpg
 
I think that's the library for the Rosicrucians. It should be somewhere towards the middle of the grounds, if I recall correctly. Looks beautiful with that paint job! I'll poke around and see if I can find any info on that ankh. I have a friend who is an archaeologist. He usually is found digging around Syria, but I'll see what he knows about Egypt. (Less than a minute would be rather speedy. They're fast, but I'd be surprised if they're that fast!)


Yeah, San Jose is a pretty confusing place until you've been there awhile. It's my home town, but I wouldn't move back there for a million dollars. I can't stand what they've done to it, and I've only been gone ten years!


By the way, thanks for the picture. Brought back so many wonderful memories! :thumbsup:
 
I have many pictures that we took that day Shiftkitty. Here is the front of the museum. It is such a wonderful place to visit and so informative on Egyptian culture.


2012YosemiteTrip098.jpg
 
Okay, I sent him a message with your description. He's off on a dig right now, so we'll have to wait for when he comes back. (I think they're trying to get some artifacts out of Syria before it all goes kablooie on them.)
 
Thanks Shiftkitty. I have heard about that dig in Syria, and what the archeologists are up against with the war there. Isn't it a neolithic site where they are excavating?
 
Beautiful picture of one of my favorite buildings in the world! I have always loved the place, but any PL leanings towards Ancient Egypt I have always felt were tainted by my love for that museum. Maybe I should look again. Maybe my love for that museum is because of a PL? When I see things about Ancient Egypt I get a feeling of deep, profound peace, like all is right with the world.
 
Okay, the cross (a symbol which has been in use since long before the Christians adopted it) is probably from Egypt's New Kingdom and was most likely molded instead of carved. My friend says it could have been Egyptian faience:

from Wikipedia Egyptian faience is a non-clay based ceramic displaying surface vitrification which creates a bright lustre of various blue-green colours. Having not been made from clay it is often not classed as pottery.[1] It is called "Egyptian faience" to distinguish it from faience, the tin glazed pottery associated with Faenza in northern Italy.[2] Egyptian faience, both locally produced and exported from Egypt, occurred widely in the ancient world, and is well known from Mesopotamia, the Mediterranean and in northern Europe as far away as Scotland.[2][3]
As to where it would have gone in the museum is anybody's guess. If you wanted to use it as a jumping-off point for meditation, looks like you've got a pretty wide shot selection. I'd start with the New Kingdom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kingdom
 
Elisa said in the opening post " Have more people experienced seeing symbols, or anything like that and found out what it was?"


An Egyptian ankh is a symbol, so I thought that it was pertinent to tell about my experience at the museum.
 
Well, I did find out more (potentially) about the cross, as you had asked. Unfortunately it wasn't about that particular one, but I do tend to provide more info than was originally asked for. You should see what happens at work when they ask me a question about the American Revolution...: angel


Anyway, though not symbols as common parlance would describe them, the numbers 5 and 8 have figured prominently in my life, even through things like account numbers, phone numbers, car VINs, license numbers, etc. I always pick some combination of those numbers when we do an office lottery pool.


Also, throughout my life I have found hearts. Lockets, pendants, small illustrations, etc. Usually they would come around when I was feeling most depressed. They always made me feel better and one night I decided to meditate on them. I think I saw a spirit or a guardian of some sort. He was black-haired and handsome beyond measure with the warmest, friendliest smile I had ever seen. I got this vibe of "Don't sweat it. It might take awhile, but it'll get better." I entertained the idea for a bit, always keeping it in my mind that I was on the verge of being a teenager and my imagination was sure to conjure up something influenced by my hormones, but even to this day I have the feeling of this same spirit hanging around and keeping an eye on things for me.
 
Hi ElisaD,


Have you considered the American Indian symbolism of the cross? Meaning the four directions. Each direction also has an animal symbol. Christianity took over the traditional Indian cross (equal sides).


I'll see if I can dig up an old post or one of my books about it if you are interested in this particular POV.


There is also Lithuania's Haunting Hill of Crosses.
 
I have a slightly more literal but still symbolic interpretation.


OP: Given the fact that your former lover was Christian, and the crosses went away, I think that this is the Christian cross that scares you in your dreams. When you were able to associate Christianity with someone you deeply cared about, the crosses meaning something bad went away.


In the past and unfortunately present at times, crosses have been used as a way to scare and intimidate. During the Crusades, crosses were used by men who believed they were doing the work of God. If someone thought you were being influenced by evil forces, crosses were used to subdue. Those are just two examples, so it's entirely possible you're remembering that sort of oppression. It's just as possible that you weren't necessarily a victim of or witness to any drastic events in the name of God, but still saw a lot of narrow mindedness and wrongdoing.
 
Thank you all for the many replies!


Yes, i agree pretty much with your view...


I also had the feeling, that it might be something to 'remind' me of the cross, something that people in the past have taught me, a constant reminder of it...
 
Back
Top