Hello.
I'm a student of Western European music of the 16th-18th centuries. I'm in school learning the lute and viola da gamba.
I've been a believer in PL since I read Yogananda, Michael Newton, and Brian Weiss.
This last week I was at my friend's apartment. He's the other lute student at my conservatory. I was sitting in his spartan bedroom listening to him play the 18th century German baroque lute.
This late form of the lute (the last!) has so many strings it resonates sympathetically like a sitar, creating an aura of sound like a harp.
I'm in the middle of an emotional breakthrough, a powerful shedding of fear during a full moon in Scorpio, and his soul is shining through his lute. I look up at his bare white walls and dormer ceiling and I realize this is the reliving of an old monastic scene. I live the same way.
I think we were renunciants and students of the lute, under the same mentor, probably during the Renaissance as well.
Our mentor and I listen to the Hindu gurus, and my friend and colleague believes in nothing.
I live as a sad, frustrated hermit now, and can easily see myself having been a renunciant before. My mother wanted to be a nun as a child but chose to be a musician, and my father is a musician and astrologer.
I have a similar feeling of "fitting in" with the rest of my colleagues, and I suspect we're a soul group.
There's more. I had a dream of playing in a traditional Japanese orchestra. My present mentor was playing a string instrument, maybe a biwa or shamisen. He was a respected elder and I was a green student. I had another dream where I was sleeping with him.
There are old souls in the early music revival community (a professor remembers being a female musician in 18th century Siena, having had to perform behind a screen. She came back as an effeminate man). We're trying to piece together musical scenes without recordings to work from. We have scores and documents and we're doing the best we can.
Jordi Savall, famous violist da gamba, helped put together an exquisite film called Tous les matins du monde. I highly recommend it to anyone who resonates with such times. The soundtrack is authentic as can be presently recreated and the costumes are authentic reproductions.
I want to remember the old music through altered states so I can perform it correctly, and hopefully trigger old memories for as many people as possible.
I can't state that as a professional goal, but it's a secret mission!
Thank you for reading and namaste.
I'm a student of Western European music of the 16th-18th centuries. I'm in school learning the lute and viola da gamba.
I've been a believer in PL since I read Yogananda, Michael Newton, and Brian Weiss.
This last week I was at my friend's apartment. He's the other lute student at my conservatory. I was sitting in his spartan bedroom listening to him play the 18th century German baroque lute.
This late form of the lute (the last!) has so many strings it resonates sympathetically like a sitar, creating an aura of sound like a harp.
I'm in the middle of an emotional breakthrough, a powerful shedding of fear during a full moon in Scorpio, and his soul is shining through his lute. I look up at his bare white walls and dormer ceiling and I realize this is the reliving of an old monastic scene. I live the same way.
I think we were renunciants and students of the lute, under the same mentor, probably during the Renaissance as well.
Our mentor and I listen to the Hindu gurus, and my friend and colleague believes in nothing.
I live as a sad, frustrated hermit now, and can easily see myself having been a renunciant before. My mother wanted to be a nun as a child but chose to be a musician, and my father is a musician and astrologer.
I have a similar feeling of "fitting in" with the rest of my colleagues, and I suspect we're a soul group.
There's more. I had a dream of playing in a traditional Japanese orchestra. My present mentor was playing a string instrument, maybe a biwa or shamisen. He was a respected elder and I was a green student. I had another dream where I was sleeping with him.
There are old souls in the early music revival community (a professor remembers being a female musician in 18th century Siena, having had to perform behind a screen. She came back as an effeminate man). We're trying to piece together musical scenes without recordings to work from. We have scores and documents and we're doing the best we can.
Jordi Savall, famous violist da gamba, helped put together an exquisite film called Tous les matins du monde. I highly recommend it to anyone who resonates with such times. The soundtrack is authentic as can be presently recreated and the costumes are authentic reproductions.
I want to remember the old music through altered states so I can perform it correctly, and hopefully trigger old memories for as many people as possible.
I can't state that as a professional goal, but it's a secret mission!
Thank you for reading and namaste.