• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Remembering Your Past Life Name? (merged)

Is it at all possible to have the same name in different languages through out past lives. I think I've read some people say that they have had the same name as they did in a past life. My friend Jessica's name in Hawaiin is Iekika. The weird thing is before she new that, her nephew, when he just began to talk called her Iekika. Do you think it is all possible that her nephew new her as Iekika in a past life? It wouldn't suprise me that she would have had a past life in Hawaii. And I wouldn't even be suprised if she lived during the time around the bombing of Pearl Harbor. She really connects with that time. I wont go too into depth but anyway back to my original question, is it possible that she could have had the same name in a past life?
Luv always
 
Hello Forget Me Not...

I feel it is possible for one to carry their past name into a present life. I believe that Iekika is a Hawaiian translation for Jessica. In the Hawaiian language, there is no word for Jessica, obviously because it derives from a word foreign to their culture. So, the Hawaiians just phonetically fit it into their language. That happens all the time in this day and age.

It seem as if she may have lived her past life in the early past so yes, she may have carried it to this lifetime.

However, if she feels that she may have lived in Ancient Hawaii, and if she felt that she may have been male, then Ikaika (Warrior) may have been the closest, phonetically, to her present name.

Just random thoughts. By the way, are you from Hawaii? Just curious as I was born and raised in Hawaii.

Blessings!

Jereldeen



[This message has been edited by jere (edited 05-30-2001).]
 
Hi everyone! Hey, Jere, I liked your explanation for Jessica's name. Well, my problem is just the opposite... I have never felt like Barbara is my name. Even when I was little, it felt strange. It's not a bad name, I don't hate it, it means "foreign" or stranger/alien". It was easy to write in the first grade and gave me instant success for learning. I feel like t.s.eliot's "Naming of the Cat". You know we give cats all these exotic names but sometimes when the cat is just sitting there thinking, he is thinking about his REAL name.

That's the way I am. I am almost 70 and I still wonder what my real name is. For some reason, I feel comfortable with Gustave which I found when I discovered Gustave Caillebotte, a French Impressionist, about 35 years ago. I haven't been able to come up with another one since. In fact, newly introduced strangers will call me Beverly (my sister's name or Peggy (my other sister).
People, for some reason, don't think of me as a Barbara. I don't either. Sometimes, when I sign a painting or a check, my name looks strange to me.

Does anybody else feel like that?

Love
barbara (maybe)
 
Hello everyone!

I have never liked my birth name and somehow, it always seemed to be a "bitter pill" on my tongue, for many personal reasons. When I turned 30, I legally changed the spelling of my name and added two middle names that I always loved - Katherine Victoria. After doing that, I felt much better about myself.

Blessings all!

Jereldeen
 
I’ve always loved my name, Annette Louise, even though neither name is very popular. I feel like Annette Louise. But there’s also another name I’ve always referred myself by - George. Family even calls me George at times. Also, when I was younger, I convinced my mother to name my baby sister Kelly. Not that I really like that name, but I wanted her name to be Kelly. Well, during one of my self-hypnosis sessions, I found my name was George Kelly. Censuses were a lot more detailed in the beginning and you can find a lot of information in them. When I did some research in the genealogy section at the library, I found that a George Kelly, born on the same date, actually lived in the area, which is thousands of miles from me. That was my first research into my self-hypnosis sessions. It was so eerie to be reading in a book about a person that was me a hundred and fifty years ago.
 
Hi all,

Have only just caught up with this thread. Very interesting...
My father gave me my name, Charles Edward Stuart Boden, after Bonnie Prince Charlie, whose name was also Charles Edward Stuart, and whom I believe to have been in a past lifetime.
I know not what inspired my father to give me my name, but he mentioned that he had chosen it because of Bonnie Prince Charlie and also because my mother's youngest brother's name is Charles, my father's youngest brother's is Edward, and Stuart comes from my mother's family.
In a life I believe to have lived in WWII in Germany, my name was Karl Heiss.
I also believe my youngest son is who once was William Duke of Cumberland, who defeated Charles Stuart's Jacobite army in 1746. I did not give him the name William, but Victor, as in victory or victorious.
My second wife, Marcelle, whom I believe was once Flora Macdonald, who helped Charles Stuart escape after his defeat, I have always called "my flower" (Flora?).
So I guess our subconscious does pick up certain names related to our past...

Love and Light,

Charles
 
Hello everyone...

Since my last post, something very unusual happened to me, and whether this has a past life connection or not, I'm not sure.

In one of my past lives, I was a Native American male who survived both the Sand Creek Massacre (1864) and the Washita Massacre (1868). His name was Wah-Tse-Gee (I have posted about this many times) and just by a fortunate set of circumstances, I found out that the name was a Shoshone word for "the early morning hours when the sun just hits the tops of the mountain peaks".

Well, not too long ago, I was given the opportunity (or should I say, blessing) to be given a Lakota Sioux name. The name I was given translated to "Dancing Sun".

So, the correlation I see is this: The sun shimmers and dances over the tops of the mountain peaks in the early morning hours.

I think it's a wonderful coincidence, in my opinion.

Blessings all!

Jereldeen

[This message has been edited by jere (edited 08-08-2001).]
 
Names and pastlives

Hello!
I'm new to this forum and here comes my question :) :

If you remember the names that were given to your past live personalities, can you notice a "reoccuring pattern" in them, a theme or a leitmotif that seems to follow you through many incarnations?
Do some former givennames have any special meaning to you?
 
Good Question

Welcome to the forum muddlemuffin;

Interesting question - one that hasn't been asked before -and I have been here seven years! :)

I will have to research it -and see if there is an underlying significance to a life time - current names and past life names. The interesting thing would be to weave together the significance between name and life circumstances.

My names were - Valeria, Clara, Alexander, and Kayln
 
I see a pattern

It's very hard to remeber names for me, but sometimes I think I remember my first name and in all those lives my name started with the letter C.

In one life it didn't, but I changed my name later to a C-letter name. I took the name Charles wich was the "same" name as in the life before where I was called Carl. I also had the same occupation in those lives.

Now my name doesn't start with C but I have a c in it. I've tried to figure out what this means, but I've got no idea. I don't think that I always have had c-names, but it still is strange.

Veronica
 
I haven't had much about names from my PLs, but I have a feeling that in my latest life I was called Thomas.

In 1 or 2 dreams and in 1 lucid dream I have recalled my name having been Karamcharya (or something like that) when I lived around India. That name may have been given me after I came to be a buddhist nun (if I really did).

In 1 dream about a life of a Viking I was called Halgir. I'm not so sure wether that life ever really existed, but it seems to fit between my other more "real" lives in a karmic way, so I keep it in my lists...
 
Do some former givennames have any special meaning to you?

In one of my prior lives, I was born a Native American male and my name was Wah-Tse-Gee, which I later found out was not gibberish (as I had thought) but was a Shoshone word which roughtly translated to "the early morning hours when the sun hits the peaks of the mountains". Imagine, the sun dancing toward the sky in the very early morning hours. I found that out when I had the chance to meet with a Native American medicine-man or Shaman in the early 1990's.

A little over a year ago, a Native American woman, a name-giver, blessed me with a name that translated to "Dancing Sun". I nearly fell off my chair when I received her letter with the name she had been given in prayer for me.

I truly believe that this was more than just coincidence.

Cheers!

Jere
 
I don't know if I have a theme with my names, but in this life I've always referred to myself as George, which is the name of a past life I spontaneously remembered as a small child. Even though I've regressed back to many lives, I don't always know my name.

Also, I find myself accidently calling my fiance by a name from his past life. It's always late at night when I'm tired or just about to fall asleep. LOL... I'm lucky he believes in reincarnation and he knows who he was. My ex-husband would have accused me of having an affair. :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, I wonder if there may be a theme and if it's why I get so mad if people call my Ann rather than Annette. I use to be a little girl named Bridgette in a past life. In this life I'm very adamant about the "ette" in my name. So much so that I quit seeing a man I was dating because he kept calling me Ann.
 
I wonder if most people have the name their soul wanted to have? I mean, you might not like your name, but maybe you have it for a certain reason.

I am into genealogy, and I know that in certain cultures, the children are often named after the parents. In cases like this, does that go against what the soul wants as a name? Or does the soul choose such a family because it already knows and wants the name it will be given?

As for my own names through history, I don't really know about my past lives, so I don't have any names to share with all of you. However, in this life, I don't really feel much for my name. I sort of like it, but I'm not really attached to it. Sometimes, I don't feel an association with it at all; it's as if I could almost go without a name, and that would be fine by me (of course, that just wouldn't be practical :)). Sometimes, when I hear my name, it's almost a reminder to me... as if I've almost forgotten! Has anyone else ever felt like this?

Lib
 
Remembering names from past lives?

How many people have remembered names or think they might have remembered names that they had in their past lives or names of people they knew in their past lives? I remember one time when I was about 11 years old I was sitting at the kitchen table one day with my dad. I think we were having lunch or something, anyway, we were talking about our cousins and great aunts we had out east. And, for some strange reason I thought we had a cousin named Brad. Dad told me we didn't have a cousin named Brad, so I think back on that now and wonder if it was a name of someone I could have known in a past life. Has anyone else remembered or think they might remember a name they had in a past life or a name of someone they might have known in a past life?
 
The only thing I got from trying a self-hypnotic regression, in which you were supposed to visualize your name forming on a door, as I recall, was the name "Anuin", spelled exactly that way. This was the life of a Celtic priest--a rather spacey one given to nature mysticism and altered states--who I have either tapped into periodically, or else have gradually built up imagination about. It first came up in a past-life psychic reading (which is why I say I could have simply built up a story based on what the psychic told me); then in a session with Roger Woolger at one of his workshops; then in this last self-regression attempt. However, it fits very nicely with several aspects of my karma and tendencies I had as a child. The images I got during the session with Roger Woolger were especially vivid. To my knowledge I had never seen pictures of these things, but after the session, I have found photographs of a number of ancient sites in Europe which look *similar* to what I saw in the session--not identical.

FYI I wasn't trying to get the name for this particular past-life, during the self-regression. It just seems to be the one that's most readily accessible for me in this life.

From what a friend in Europe told me, the name was probably a real name. I think we are talking maybe 400 AD or so. Note also that it is spelled differently than what you see today in popular Celtic sources, i.e., it's not spelled "Anwyn", with "w's" or "y's". If it had been drawn from my previous readings of such material (which is slight), I would have spelled it the popular way. Actually what I've read of people's ideas about Celtic spiritual beliefs and practices seems intuitively way off to me, so I can't bring myself to read much of it.

Steve S.
 
I have memories of a life in Victorian England. I know my name was Helen then, because I remember a conversation with my little brother in that lifetime, and he called me Helen.

Also i remember a lifetime in Ancient Egypt, and the same thing here...I remember someone calling me and it sounded like 'Merita'. Later I found out that Meritamen or Meritamon is an Egyptian name.
 
Names & dates

Sometimes when I have a past life dream I try to remember details, like names, dates, (house) numbers,
but they always slip away.
It's like I'm looking at things without glasses,
I know there's something written there but I can't see it, frustrating!

So I really had a hard time remembering names, dates, towns and stuff.
The visual part is easy to remember, faces, the landscape,
architecture, clothing.

I gave my past life me a name, but actually I'm not sure,
especially not about the last name.
But what's in a name, it's the story that counts,
though I'm very curious who I really was,
a picture perhaps.

Curious Girl.
 
One of my names

In 1990 when my son Daniel was five, he volunteered some incredible validation for me regarding past life names. I had never talked to him about reincarnation - or my memories at the time.

I was in the kitchen cooking dinner, he was being a typical five year old boy. I had just gotten after him to behave when he turned around and said, "Well, you used to lock me in the tool shed." I stopped dead in my tracks. We didn't have a tool shed.

So I asked him, "When was this Daniel?" He replied, "When you were my brother." His answer was incredible, I couldn’t believe it. As calmly as I could, I asked him, "Did I do that?" He said, "Yeah, when I was a girl." Needless to say, my heart was in my throat. I couldn’t believe what he just said. Daniel would never admit to being a girl, he was all boy. I decided to see if possibly he was talking about a past life, so I asked him my name.

Daniel smiled and replied, "you were Butch," and then he said, "my name was Alishia." A sense of joy rushed through my body. I had remembered long before 1990 that we had a life time together. My name was Alexander and my sisters name was Alishia, but I had also remembered long before this, that my family called me “Butch.” I couldn’t believe it! Daniel actually remembered being my sister, he even remembered both of our names.
 
I'm rotten with surnames, have to get them told to me, unless I can get them from the fact the person was called by their surname (so that from Beckey's life I know "Corky"/Corchran but don't know his first name consciously). I have trouble remembering the surnames of people I know nowadays unless it's say, my boss, whose name might appear regularly in full on business cards or something. I like my surnames (maiden and married) and my first name in this life. I object strongly to being called "Terry", but that would be a natural nickname. I hate being called that though. Zeta, I believe you are right about names sometimes (I don't know how often) reflecting personalities (or maybe we grow into the personality that fits our name, or maybe both?). My name is Teresa which goes extremely well with many things (some of which I can't write about yet) and relates to a Greek parallel life and some other parallels. I don't wish to be female, feel I'm not female in my spirit, but on the other hand I doubt I'd ever want to change my name.

I have trouble with surnames like I said and while Bruce was Beckey's first name and Beckey comes from his last name, I'm not positive on the Sobieski surname. It is _something_ like that. That's a common Americanization. I got an impression the other day that I should think about this some more and in that case got Sobecki. I don't know yet.

I only know that it's remotely possible for me to get names at all because in three instances I got a name from a dead person I was talking to (once with the surname! :)). Then I could verify those particular names later (once with the person whom the dead person's message was for and twice with websites). But I'm rotten with names and eye color, don't know why. :P Wish I wasn't. I want _every detail_ and I want it _right_ because I love the people so much and don't want to screw it up, but I do anyway. I mess up things about current-life friends, forgetting where they are now or what they're doing, what kind of work or whatever, but I don't seem to forget things such as their declared favorite songs, for some reason.

I am having frustration and sadness about my memories lately and wish I were better able to tell what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm sort of "starting over" because it's real important to my most intense past-life self that I get this right and get him over it. I got the Bruce name again in starting over. I think my Wild-West past life name was Theodore, called Teddy mostly or Theo, but if I do know the surname it's not consciously associated with him (it could be something I know but don't know it, which is often the case for me).

The names of some people deeply important to me in Beckey's life have affected me in this life before I knew why consciously (Rose and Rosemary, Corky, Valentin, Sheffield, Victor or Wictor, Luciano or Lukey).
 
I recently remembered some details - names - of the life that I remembered during the regression with Carol.

My name back then was Jean Grichot, my wifes name was Gisèle, my daughter was called Isabeau and my son Jacques (not so sure about the last one).

The Lord of the castle where I performed, was Guillaume Sernaut, or Cernaut. I also remember the name of another important person, I think he was the Lord of a neighbouring castle where I also went to perform sometimes, his name was Flambaud.

I already knew that I lived in southern Europe, but now I remembered the name of a place : Viroche. I thought it was French, but when I looked it up, it was Spanish. My surname, Grichot, is also Spanish.

The years 1572 and 1583 seemed important dates in that lifetime, I don't know yet why.

Eevee
 
I only remember the full name of a life from the 1860s-- Nakajima Nobutada (in the Asian format of family name first). He (or is it "I"? ^_^)was a samurai from the domain of Nagaoka in northern Japan who was killed in the Boshin War in 1868. I also remember the name of my fiancee-- Midori. Interestingly enough, Midori means "Green", and I've always been drawn to the Armenian name "Talar", which means the same thing (I'm Armenian in this life).

Also, I've felt an odd pull toward the name Tadayuki, which turned out to be the name of Nobutada's lord-- Makino Tadayuki.

--N.
 
My favourite boys' name has been Samuel as long as I can remember (and I'm really annoyed it's getting so popular and trendy!). I feel it may very well have been the name Oda and Mark gave to their only child, whose birth I believe cost Oda her life. After all she'd survived before; her life was taken away not by a concentration-camp but by childbirth.

The first time I saw the name Oda i just fell in love with it, felt drawn to it, but I've never confirmed it was actually my name, though I am sure my surname was Estermann or von Estermenn. I like unusual names like Xanthe, Aphrodite, and Dianora, so it makes sense I'd feel attracted to a name out of the ordinary. Most German girls have names like Ilse and Eva, not Oda! In German, Norse, and Estonian, it means "spear," "order" in Japanese, "paint" or "tar" in Yoruba, "skin" or "hide" in Lithuanian, "(to) there" in Hungarian, "a harem room or its occupant" in vile Turkish, and "ode" in the Romance languages.
 
I was called Andrew McTavish during the American Civil War and I was also called Sarah Amherst or Amhurst in Colonial New England.

Possibly I was named Edward or surnamed Edwards in englas at the turn of the 20th century. And interestingly enough my parents almost named me Edward this time around but went with a name that has been in our family for generations instead.

Regards,

Philip
 
Did these names come to you in regression?

Sleep? Dreams? Meditation? I think it's interesting that people seem to know their past life names. I know of many past lives but have never beamed in on the names, even though I'm the one who started this thread. I was referring to a place name that came through to me from my guides.

Green Knight - I know an Alec McTavish in this life! He's a character! What were Andrew and Sarah like?
 
Mertzie



Andrew wa tall and heavy. A shy country boy who enlisted in the Confederate Army to impress a girl named Elixabeth. On the very first battle, The battle of Cedar Mountain, Andrew got scared and tried to run away through a corn field ....only to be noticed by a Union officer who took aim at Andrew's lower back (around the kidney area). There was another guy in the corn field also trying to run away. The guy had wet himself from fright and Andrew laughed..and died laughing. He was then about 17 or 18 years old.

I don't know as much about Sarah. Except that Sarah was most unhappy in being an indentured servant. She also tried to run away. There was a small girl with herduring her escape attempt. Either her child or an orphaned child. I recognized that little girl as my present life good friend Pam L.. The master of the house gave chase and shot Sarah in the lower back (kidney area) I can describe perfectly the gun he used and even the method used to load it.

Interestingly enough until about 5 years ago I had a recurring incident of kidney stones and much pain was involved in the area.
 
I just looked through my dream journal (I`ve keeping one since my early teens) in order to look for clues from PL. And I found quite a few dreams, that suggest very strongly that they were memories from different times and eras.

I found even one name: Marie. In this dream I were in a convent, hiding from my father who wanted to marry me to a person I didn´t like. In that convent were other girls too. About the decade I can´t tell very much any more: but definitely before 1800. One day the persons looking for me found my hiding place and I tried to escape from them. "Marie, nooo!" was the screaming that I heared from the others when I run....

So far one possible name. I think I have to extract the PL pieces from my dream journal and meditate on them. Maybe I can get more pictures of the past.

Caillean
 
I know my name was Myrrydd or some variation thereof in a PL, but I can't find out anything about its origins. It's pronounced "MEER ith" and that's all I know.
 
Hi Llyndyn,

Your PL name reminds me somewhat of the name I had in a PL in Egypt. My name there was probably Merit-Amen. I had a memory in which someone called me 'Merita' (as an abbreviation I suppose).


Eevee
 
A Name

Well, I'm not sure about the relevance of what I'm about to post, but it's something that got me thinking, so here goes:

My best friend and I are going on a vacation trip to N.Y and Washington D.C for a couple of weeks. The trip is next week, as soon as I'm out of school, and I've been making lists of all the places I want to visit, the things I want to do, buy, etc.

Last night I started making my list of presents. A list of people for whom I want to buy something nice. I wrote it in order of priority. After all, I might not have enough money to bring stuff for everyone, but there are people I absolutely must get something for.

After I was done writing, I sat back and,to make sure I wasn't leaving anyone out, began reciting the names of the people closest to me.

"Perla,Clarissa, Therese,Rossaly...."

When I realized what I had been saying, I opened my eyes and sat up, mildly freaked out.
Because I don't know anyone named Therese. Never met anyone named like that. I don't even know a Teresa, a more common name in Spanish. I don't even like that name, nor do I like the name Therese.It's just a name I'm indifferent to.

But when I said it, it seemed completely natural, as right as any of the other names I'd been counting off. I even kept saying names, until it caught up with me that I don't know anyone named like that/

:confused:
so what does that mean? Have any of you experienced something similar?
 
Back
Top