• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

relationships and PL

I'm very new, as in I registered literally 5 min ago, lol. But I read the threads above thought I should share, for the very first time, a few things, this seems like a safe place so here goes.

My dating history has been interesting to say the least, in the 5 serious relationships I've had I constantly have a nagging sense that I've done this before. Not in the sense that they're the same kind of people, or have similar personalities, habits or even looks.

Let me explain, my first relationship when I was 17 was extremely volatile, he was not the nicest person but we made a quick connection and i felt this intense need to protect him even though it was clear i needed protection from him. For the two years we dated I had weekly reoccurring dreams that scared me. It's had similar ones as a child but they stopped when i was 5 or 6 but they were so real that i always remembered them well , i have a very good memory, i have recalled things from when I was 1, it surprises my family very much.

At that time I had only lived in Hawaii and had never been in snow or anything close but as soon as (i'll call him 'Sam') Sam and I started dating I started meditating at night because I suddenly could not fall asleep, a problem I've never had before, anyway a few times a week I'd fall into a very deep sleep and dream about Sam. Only it wasn't him physically, but they had the same mannerisms and he called me by the pet name only he called me but he was around the color I am now (Brown) and non dream him was very fair, I wasn't "me" either, I looked very different too, I had fair skin and very dark hair. Anyway these versions of Sam and I would be arguing in a house then in a car, there was snow all around, we were on an road with two lanes in a car from the 50's or 60's, he'd be yelling at me and I'd just sit there and cry, not speaking, he'd reach over to either grab me or hit me and the car swerved off the road, hit a pile of snow and we flipped over it and crashed into a lake, the car would fill up with water, right before the water covered my nose I'd wake up crying and gasping for air, sometimes I'd scream and my mom or dad would come into my room, one night my mom came and rocked me in her arms like when I was little, she said it had been such a long time since I'd had nightmares like that. These continued for the duration of our relationship, even when I stopped meditating. Sometimes we'd be in a house, a ranch style home, I think it was in the 60's, he didn't live there, I did, and he'd only come at night, I recall being nervous that the neighbors would see him. Other times we'd be in what I can only assume as California, we didn't care who saw us there and he wanted to move but I wouldn't for some reason, I think it was my family. The thing that started really freaking me out was that towards the end of our relationship he started yelling at me and saying verbatim what "he" had said in that car before we crashed and died. When we broke up he tried to kill himself, I spoke to his mother who I was oddly close to and she had said "get away from him, he'll end up killing you if you move here" at the time he was in Maryland and he had convinced me, then 19, to move up there, it was December and they had several blizzards, which delayed my move. I never had those dreams again. Does anyone think this is PL related? I'm not sure.
 
Hello tellyd! And welcome to the forum. I'm glad you joined us! This is the perfect place for you to explore that question. What you have written certainly has all of the earmarks of a past life memory. You'll hear many of us say begin by keeping a journal and writing things down in a kind of free-thought verbatim sort of way. you'll find this very rewarding... therapeutic, might even kick loose a few more memories. If you are serious about reincarnation read everything you can on the topic. By understanding the theories you'll develop a sense of what is and isn't past life related. Certainly read everything you can here and ask lots of questions. If there is something specific one of us can direct you to an older thread.


Thanks again for joining and sharing your story.


Tinkerman
 
Thank you so much for your reply, I've kept a dream journal since I was 14 and I still have them all, I've always been an intense dreamer, to the point that they've felt more like memories than my normal dreams, I never really considered past lives until recently and started doing a little research and came across this page. I was raised Roman Catholic and then my family switched to a evangelical Christian church, I was always told they were just dreams and to pray. I've been reading posts for about a week now and just got the courage, probably because of other things that are happening in my life right now, to talk to others about these things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We are so glad you came here, tellydesiree. I hope you will find comfort and enlightenment talking things over with others of similar experience. As Tinkerman said, your dreams have the hallmarks of being past life related. It gave me chills to read your story - it had such a feeling of reality. Have you ever had contact with Sam, since?
 
BriarRose, we spoke 3 times after we broke up but not for very long, he would threaten me and so I changed my number, moved and didn't speak to anyone who knew him, i did hear that he came back looking for me, a year later I moved to Las Vegas. That was almost 8 years ago, it took years for me not to expect him to find me and honestly from time to time I get this deep anxiety that he will or that he's looking. The dreams were so real, I have never felt that cold in my entire life, besides the dreams of us dying I had so many....i guess flashes of our l life, the most prominent being in that house and California. I was always told that I have an "old soul" I always have gotten along better with people who are older than me, I also have habits that my mom always says are not from my generation, I learned to read very early and alway spoke very politely and in complete sentences, even now I hardly use slang, my parents and other adults would sometimes look at me funny when I spoke because they said i sounded like an adult. I've also had an obsession with the 50s/60s since I can remember and I have such strong reactions too documentaries and movies about the civil rights movement, I've cried almost hysterically trying to watch that I've stopped. Also, a weird fact- I was on my hs yearbook committee and I had to choose my senior quote, the teacher asked me if I wanted to take a few days to think it over, i automatically said no and perfectly recited a quote from Dr. King, my teacher asked where I had heard it and I got very confused because I had no idea where or when I had heard it.
 
Welcome to the group. Yes, these definitely sound like past life memories. I think you and Sam have known each other before in one or more lifetimes. Besides the past life memories and dreams, do you have any psychic abilities like premonition dreams that come true, telepathy, etc? Many people who remember past lives also have these other abilities.
 
I always felt like I had known him for a lot longer than I really had. The connection was so strong and I loved him so much, even when he started getting very angry it was astonishing because it seemed fueled by more than just a simple argument.


I've had many dreams that have come true, just recently i had a very vivid dream about being in a hospital, in the delivery ward staring through the glass at a baby boy, then I was holding him and telling him how happy I was that he was finally here. I woke up and not 15 min later my sister, who lives in New York, called to tell me she is pregnant, because she's almost 40 they ran a bunch of tests and she got a dna scan or something (I'm not sure what it's called) a few weeks later and its a boy!


Also right around Christmas i had a dream that I was standing behind a guy with pale skin, dark hair and a large tattoo of a sun on his back, he was standing far from me so i started to walk towards, the dirt was red and there were large rocks everywhere, as I got closer i recognized that the tattoo was the the sun from Sublime (the band) I love that band, I was right behind him and touched his shoulder and he said, as he turned around, "There you are! It took you long enough!" I woke up right after he said that, before I saw his face. A few days later I reactivated my dating profile (that my friends forced me to make lol) and i start looking through the messages I got in November that I never read, one simply said "I like the blue in your hair" (i used you have blue steaks) and i responded. We ended up chatting on there for a while and exchanged numbers, after our first conversation he asked me out and i said yes without hesitation (i usually say no then (i tend you say no good a long time then do a group date) we went out 3 days later and had an amazing time, he kept saying that he felt like he had known me for a long time, we just clicked immediately and I agreed, on our 3rd date he suprised me and we drove out to Valley of Fire.....I'll attach a picture, but it's his favorite place to go and I've never been there or even seen pictures of it. Back at his house he took off his shirt to show me his tattoo.....if the sublime sun. I stopped breathing for a second, it was crazy. A few days ago he looked at me and said that i feel like home.


Sorry these posts are soooooo long!
 
Boy, you just keep running into people from past lives.LOL Actually, we all do whether we realize it or not. Interesting about your sister. Her son may also be someone you or she knew from a past life. That happens a lot. Have you read any books on reincarnation yet? Carol's books "Children's Past Lives" and "Return from Heaven" are both good. Be sure to read "Soul Survivor" by the Leninger's. It will blow you away.
 
The last two really surprised me, that's when i really started to think about past lives and do some research, I will definitely check out the books, I really want to know as much as I can, honestly I'm just glad I'm not crazy! Ever since I was a kid "strange" things have happened to me that I couldn't explain, I'm hoping to find some answers and i think in finally ready to seek them.
 
tellydesiree said:
I really want to know as much as I can, honestly I'm just glad I'm not crazy! Ever since I was a kid "strange" things have happened to me that I couldn't explain, I'm hoping to find some answers and i think I'm finally ready to seek them.
Many of us here say the same thing.
 
It will be interesting to see how your new relationship turns out, tellyd. You need to process these experiences, and write a spiritual book. That you saw your new friend in a dream intrigues me - my current husband seems to have been my "invisible friend", before I was five! He is five years younger, and the friend had disappeared by then. Do you think you were involved with the Civil Rights movement in the 60's?
 
That is really interesting/cool! I'm really interested in this new relationship, it's been a month since our first date, and I'm still amazed by our connection, I feel very safe with him, which isn't something I've never felt with anyone. I'm thinking about mediating before bed sometime this week, I keep waking up knowing I've just dreamed of him but not fully remembering what it was about, like it's right on the tip of my tongue and its starting to bug me. Oddly enough the only thing I can remember are smells like rain, pine needles and salty air.


I do connect very strongly with the civil rights movement, I think I may have been involved, I had dreams after Sam and I broke up in that same house with out him, i was very involved in something, people in the community either respected me or hated me, there's something else....in those dreams (i had only 4 or 5) i would look down and I'd be pregnant, I never dreamed of a child with Sam, it was always just us but I know it was the same time period and I was the pale, dark hair version of myself and I'd put my hands on either side of my belly, sigh and wake up very sad. I don't have any children but dream of them all the time, always the same child, a girl, lighter than myself (which always leads me to believe she's mixed) dark curly hair and my big eyes at all different ages. I really want tho find out how to get into the deep sleep so I can dream, meditating sometimes works but not every time, is there a way to like....focus on pl dreams?
 
You could try asking for a PL dream right before falling asleep. It has worked for me, but it helps if I make a specific request, i.e., "What was my relationship with that person?" As Argonne said, you could try self-regression. Las Vegas undoubtedly has professional hypnotists who specialize in past lives, but I'm not sure about the expense. Do you think you may have a beautiful child, waiting to be born, when the timing is right?
 
I just heard about regression when I started reading this form, it's definitely something I'm interested in, I'll do some more research about self regression, I think I'll try that first. There are A LOT of hypnotists and psychics here and I wouldn't even know where to being looking for a creditable one.


I do think she's waiting, in the dreams when she's older, around 4 or 5, she's very playful and she grabs my hand and says "mommy, come on! Hurry up!" And she starts pulling me and I ask her where she wants me to go and she just smiles and says "you know where we're going mommy!" Sometimes I ask her where her daddy is and she tells me he's looking for me, she says they got separated but she found me and not you worry, he'll find me too, I think she's trying to take me to him. Other times shes very calm and curls up in my lap and holds my face between her little hands and stares into my eyes. Which are the exact shape and odd brown color mine are. Sometimes she's mad at me, especially when I haven't dreamed about her in a while. She says she was waiting for me and she misses me and demands to know where I've been. After that she only appears as a baby for a while, like she's mad and doesn't want to talk to me lol
 
It's a bit odd but I know I love her very much, I miss her and think about her often. I also didn't start having the dreams about her being older and talking until about 8 years ago, I just started thinking about this, the first dream I had of her I was 14, I wrote a lot about it in my journal, she was a baby, the very first mention of her as a toddler was when I was 19, six months after my oldest sister died. It's literally the only thing in my journal after she died.
 
Telly,


I think the child will be one that you raise one day. I wanted to type "give birth to" but that just seemed wrong ...


Anyway, one day you will look down at your child and realize she is the child of your dreams. At that point you will know that she is the child God meant for you.
 
Your longing for the daughter who is/will be is clear in your posts, and very touching. I don't know if my story will help, but here goes - I had two children early in life, but always knew there would be three, and the third would be a girl, and we would name her Caitlin. I divorced, married again, and we started to try for a child. It took three years, but we have our Caitlin. At one point, I actually gave up in despair, because I wanted her so badly. Miracles, wrapped in pink blankets, (and blue!) do happen. Some things are in our life plans, and on a subconscious level, we know.
 
What fascinating memories! So vivid! You definitely are meeting with people you have met before. It feels as if though the universe has definitely planned for you to meet people from the past.


What struck me as terrifying was the fact that your ex from when you were 17 was a bully and abusive in a PL as well as now. Its almost as if in each life he couldn't bear the thought of someone he was involved with to leave him. Very insecure and controlling man. I thought people would change from life to life, I wonder why he hasn't been able to. Have you seen him in other lives? What was his character like in those lives?
 
Hello everyone, thanks for all the replies, I've been a bit busy and haven't had time to reply.


Mama- I've actually had similar thoughts about her, no matter how she gets to me I'll be happy. I'm a bit of an impatient person so this is definitely teaching me, lol.


Briar- your story made me smile, and reminded me that the things that are meant to happen WILL, even if it doesn't match the timeline we envision good ourselves.


Obie- I've only met him once to my knowledge right now, I'm going to be diving into self regression soon so maybe I'll get some more answers. I'm truly hope that in the future he finds peace. He had so much anger inside him, i could never understand. Even in my dreams he just radiated anger, towards me and the whole world in general. I don't think he's ever gotten to the core of why and that's why he's staying in that place. I think that for past me it was important that I get it right this time, I left instead of letting him dictate my life and continue to advise me and ultimately kill me. I have no doubt in my mind that if I would have stayed with him I wouldn't be here now.
 
I thought people would change from life to life, I wonder why he hasn't been able to.
It's amazing how common it is for abusive patterns in a relationship to repeat over lifetimes. Telly, you showed exceptional strength and wisdom for a teenage girl, to extricate yourself when you did. I'm thinking it helped that you were being warned in your dreams. Sometimes, we curse our bad dreams, when they are really help from our Guidance.


Sorry, Obie - I messed up your quote! I'm off to a slow start this morning!
 
Tellydesiree, good for you for leaving that man. The only way a man learns not to be an abuser is when women don't put up with that behavior, and he is forced to change or be alone.


One of the life lessons in your life might have been to find the strength inside of you to leave an abusive situation. And you accomplished this. Which is wonderful, and now you can move on to a good relationship.
 
I think she (me) came to show me what would happen if I stayed, there were so many "hints" like conversations that both versions of its had, I'd have the dream and the next time i saw him we'd have the same conversation or argument without me leading at all. I've always taken certain dreams very seriously, not all are trying to tell me something (seriously, I dreamed I was lost in a mall last week, I woke up, got a drink of water and fell back asleep...and went back into that mall LOL) others are so real that I wake up and have to write it down.


This is from last night: I'm in a long white dress (like a nightgown) with no shoes, and I smell the pine needles, there is a slight breeze and its almost dawn. I'm facing a house...Well it's more of a cabin, it's very rustic but it's so beautiful, there is a forest behind the house, i can hear birds singing and feel the grass beneath my feet, it's so peaceful I don't want to move but I feel compelled to walk toward the door, i go up three steps onto the porch, there is a hand made rocking chair on the left, out feels like home, I go to open the door and wake up. I've had this dream twice in the past two nights.
 
That dream was lovely. Is it from a different life? It must be your "time" to piece the story of your lives together. Sometimes, finding the forum is a trigger for doing this.
 
Hello all, sorry I've been away, I've been so busy the past week! I finally (at 1 am) found some time to write a bit, I'll try to write as much as I can before sleepiness consumes me.


I do think my outdoor dreams are PL related, the vividness it's the same as the others that I've had, since the last time i posted I've had the dream several more times. I've been meditating before bed and asking for clarity and guidance, I think that really helps me focus, I specifically asked the other night to go into the cabin and I finally did, each time before I woke up right as I had turned the door knob. I always start outside, facing the cabin.


When I went it my clothes changed, I'm going to do some research but I'm positive it's from the late 1800s early 1900s, I'm a bit obsessed with that time period. I have on a long dress that feels very heavy and my hair is pinned back, I can feel the pins digging into my scalp a bit (i really hate wearing my hair like that in my real life and can't stand the feeling of bobby pins, i hardly ever wear my hair up) I'm mildly irritated at the sensation and fight the urge to pull them out. There is a fire lit in the fire place, there are three chairs and a short of sofa and a low table in front of the fire, there it's a sewing basket next to one of the chairs, in my dream i mentally called it 'my chair' , i keep waking and find another room, no fire is lit and its a bit drafty, there is a desk, a painting of a medow above it, bookshelves filled with books, the desk has paper, a pen with a jar of ink, envelopes and a sort of seal, i pick it up and it had the initials J.R.R. etched into it. It smells musky..manly and I think 'his room'


More later, I'm exhausted!
 
Your descriptive powers are excellent - I was right "there" in the cabin with you. Were the initials on the seal "his", or yours?
 
Back
Top