• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Regression with Carol August 2014

deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've been putting this off, not because I haven't wanted to share, but life became very busy (and still is) after I returned from Carol's place in August. She was gracious enough to not only invite me to stay at her home for three days, but did two regressions with me while I was there. She and Steve are wonderful people and their parakeet (Banana) a real sweetie.

The town of Media, PA is beautiful, their home a step back into history. Almost a Labyrinth, I got lost in the house many times. Steep stairs and high step up doorways. What a treat. The original house was built in the late 1700's and added on to in the 1800's. Steve is an exquisite gardener and their view from the porch one I will never forget.

Having done my own meditations with Tibetan bowl sounds and recorded my dreams and spiritual experiences for over 20 years I was curious as to Carol's approach. It was nothing like I expected. No music, no talking me back into time, just a short discussion on how I was feeling that day, right now. My emotional hot spots. She took notes as we talked. Once I began to cry she said - you're ready. I laid back in her big blue chair closed my eyes and was suddenly there. The first regression lasted over two hours. (I'll share specifics later). The next day the session was approached the same way and I went to the 1300's. Immediately. This one lasted over an hour.

I was amazed that all this talk about hypnosis, regressions and the therapist talking you back in time wasn't necessary. I've long known the merging of the mind and heart leads to memories; however this was so simple (at least for me) even I was shocked.

She recorded both sessions and emailed them to me via DROPBOX. I have never had a recording of myself during a PL memory. It's amazing! I have always gone straight to a journal and written down my experiences as fast as I can. This method is PERFECT! I'll have it for years and can share with my family and friends. So this first post is a BIG THANK YOU to Carol for her hospitality, her generosity and good food. AND another to Steve for his sense of humor, good taste in music and his hospitality.

It is also to share with you all her approach if you are thinking about doing a regression. She is one of the best. I even doubted myself, after not having done meditation for a few years. Wasn't sure how deep I would go. I went under fast. I think the first day I wore her out. Two hours is a long time. Felt like 20 minutes to me.

1459964_10152820999188656_2400984306217862641_n.jpg

​
I'll share more as time allows. $P$ I hope this helps those who are afraid or uncertain as to what a regression entails. It's really - all about you.
 
Thanks for sharing this. This sounds a lot like Roger Woolger's method, if you have ever listened to any of his tapes. Probably not surprising, since Carol was friends with Roger. But this method is not do-it-yourself.
 
Deborah said:
It was nothing like I expected. No music, no talking me back into time, just a short discussion on how I was feeling that day, right now. My emotional hot spots. She took notes as we talked. Once I began to cry she said - you're ready. I laid back in her big blue chair closed my eyes and was suddenly there. The first regression lasted over two hours. The next day the session was approached the same way and I went to the 1300's. Immediately. This one lasted over an hour.
I don't think one would be able to use this method by themselves listening to a CD or YouTube video.
 
Me neither! Carol and Steve seem like wonderful people. I'm glad you got to spend time with them. :thumbsup:
 
Great photo! Thanks for sharing, by the way. Sounds like an awesome experience! I'm looking forward to what you write up next if you decide on sharing some more.
 
Time sure does fly by. Sharing my experience always on my list of things to do since my first post. The second session is what I will share now since it has so much meaning to my life now. As I said before we talked until the emotions came. About 20 minutes. She said..."I think you're ready..." I closed my eyes and was immediately aware of holding a rosary. Rubbing it with my fingers. I felt so many questions running through my mind, doubts and tears. The tears came so fast. Carol asked me to be aware of my surroundings.


I said, "There are so many - so many children dying. I don't understand. I should have died with them. I pray to God every day but he does not hear my prayers." I was a nun in the mid 1300's. I tended to the children behind the church. There was a terrible illness that swept the country. So many of them children. A few adults but mostly children. The smell was horrible. There were so many they no longer buried the bodies, they burned them.


I did not understand why God took so many children, even babies.


I should have died. I repeated this many times. I should have died....The children were innocent. It was so cold, my clothing heavy wool, leather moccasin like shoes and my Rosary. My head wrapped in a woolen scarf over my outfit. I was maybe 23 years old.


The Priest and men of the church would not come out back to help. They feared the illness. Only a few of us, the nuns (sisters) tended to the children. Parents would drop off sick children to the church, men - some on horseback guarded the gates. We were not allowed to leave and only those who were sick could enter.


I led a life time of lost Faith - lost Hope and feeling betrayed by God. I prayed for each child and cried when each passed. It was horrible to watch them die, a slimy film of liquid drooling from their mouths, some choking on it. Horrible sores everywhere. I would wipe their faces, and offer them water and warm broth. Wrapping them in blankets to try to keep them warm. They laid on straw covering the ground.


(There is more but I will stop here and take note of a few things after the fact; when I got home I did some research...why so many children dying during the plague. Why didn't I die?)

The Black Death However, although the plague disappeared in 1350, it returned in 1361 in what was known as "The Pestilence of the Children." This outbreak killed the young disproportionately since they did not have the acquired immunity of those who had lived through 1348-50. Further outbreaks hit in 1368-9, 1374-5 and 1378.
Tending the sick - Closed communities, such as monasteries and nunneries, were especially vulnerable. If one person became infected, the whole community might die. And because friars and nuns tended the sick, infection among them was common.
Burning the bodies of the dead........As the bodies piled up it became more efficient to burn them, again inadvertently preventing the further spread of disease.
I will add more this weekend and why this life is so important to me, and for me now. I will also add that a member PMed me recently and said the following:


"I was very struck in your book by how the aversions developed in one life (rather than positive desires for something) often led to consequences in the next incarnation. Also, there was certainly the quality (in that regard) of sowing the wind and reaping the whirlwind."


It has given me reason to pause, reflect and review my lives then and life now. Thank You for that. :)
 
Hi Deborah,


Thanks for your postings. Another quote from the Bible seems almost eerily applicable to these matters, and goes together very well with the sowing the wind and reaping the whirlwind language you have quoted. But first, a little background: In my teenage years I occasionally sought to read some in the New Testament. (Ironically, though a child of the West, I had read the Gita before I read the New Testament). In any case, James 3:6 hit me between the eyes.


The KJV that I had at the time translated the phrase in question in this verse as the "course of nature" though a marginal note clarified the literal meaning as the "Wheel of Birth"--a phrase that struck me as so obviously aligned with and used in reference to reincarnation in the Eastern writings and philosophies I was reading that I was amazed that it did not receive more commentary.


In any case, the verse is part of a discussion of the power and danger of the tongue. The Scriptures are clear that from the "abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh," but there is also something more associated with the actual act of giving expression to what is in the heart--i.e., bringing forth and expressing evil or good in the heart gives tangible expression to what is there and seems to have a power beyond even the foreseeable results one might expect from using, e.g., encouraging as opposed to hurtful or harmful words. (BTW, just as an aside, there are some Christian groups who put a lot of stress on the power of both our spoken and unspoken (thought) words in terms of determining our realities, but it is not something I have really looked into (though perhaps I should)).


However, after all the introduction, I'll let the verse speak for itself with the literal phrase used instead of the various phrases that are usually substituted in various alternate translations:


"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the wheel of birth; and it is set on fire of hell."


As I interpret this verse, our words can causes us problems not only now, but will also impact us in terms of the "wheel of birth". In this regard, one thing the Bible warns against is rash vows and oaths--forms of expressing our determination in some regard and what is in our hearts that may be especially applicable in this context.


Cordially,


SeaAndSky
 
Wow Deb, what an emotional regression that must have been for you! Your retelling of it is very intense to read. Sounds like a regression with Carol is quite special!
 
Thank you for posting this, Deborah! I would like to hear more if you want to share.
 
I'll try and update this next weekend. I would like to add...that I noted the research part so others could see finding out after the regression the memories hold truth not only validates the experience, it's just down right exciting! wine**
 
Back
Top