• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Poland

X is wearing his hair longer recently. It's almost down to his collar now and it's curly and blond (like mine). Who knew? He's always worn it quite short before so the curl was never evident. Last night we were out and about and I noticed he has delicate little curls on the nape of his neck just like in Poland. I wanted to touch them, but could not. It was a funny feeling.
 
Maintaining one's 'cool' when all this happens requires an effort of will, but 'not really'. It's hard to describe. We're both much too 'cool and groovy' for anything like that in public, let alone even in private.


I would never dream of embarrassing X by fondling the curls on his neck in public. It would 'blow my cool' and embarrass him enormously if I even remarked on it (which I would not and have not and wouldn't - except here). I would never consider doing it in public, or in private for that matter, in real life (because we are not on such intimimate terms these days). We barely even touch each other (or even want to, to tell the truth) except by accident or in extraordinary circumstances, but it has upset me all week.


This strange little intimate detail about him, that only I remember. There's no way to discuss it ... How could you? Who would understand? Nobody. ... But how can it be that he has the exact same delicate little blond curls on his neck as hundreds of years ago back in Poland? Surely it's not possible? (Although I know it is.) Gah! It's unbearable, but I bear it. This is the stuff that really breaks my heart. I can handle everything else.
 
tanguerra said:
My name was 'Count Ladislaw Str(alphabet)ski'.
I just did a little mental exercise [what is/was your name] and it came to me. So, something for what it's worth. No idea how to spell it, but Polish names are notoriously unpronounceable.


But, some sort of a 'Count' I guess. It fits.
Her name was Sophia.
 
tanguerra said:
Reading Ailish's thread about being in a Dublin Orphans Workhouse and it got me thinking. Little children are so vulnerable, even today, if orphaned and sometimes if not. It is so sad. I have a story of my own and I thought I should start a new thread for it. Also, we were talking elsewhere about shocking and gruesome stories, so brace yourself...
[i had the first flash of this one in my teens or so, but had learned how to block and suppress things by then] .... I have a memory of being a little girl, maybe age 10 or so, in a group of little children rounded up and hanged in Poland several hundred years ago during some purge or pogrom or something. This memory came up some years ago when I was trying to work out why I am very intolerant of having things around my neck - like tight collars, scarves, etc. It makes me anxious to have anything even touching my neck at all tightly. I have been hanged more than once, but this one is pretty vivid.


I got the feeling we were Jewish and orphaned, possibly by the ongoing war, and in general too much of a nuisance to look after any other way so there were these mass hangings of children. This was some sort of 'mopping up' operation after the soldiers had been through and the fighting was mostly over. Nasty business. Quite horrible of course. I remember a terrible feeling of helplessness and terror and bewilderment. I deliberately use techniques to tone down the emotional volume on my memories sometimes (!), but I think I was also probably in a state of shock during the actual experience. There is a certain sense of dazedness in it. Also, being very young I probably did not fully apprehend everything as a grown up might.


I don't know exactly when all this occured, but my feeling is 17th century. This sort of thing was, unfortunately, all too common. I found an article about the whole period, which feels right to me. But I have found no mention of a particular massacre such as I remember - but these things don't usually get into the history books, even if they were known about at all in the larger world.


It would probably have been somewhere around this time of upheaval when all this was going on. It took place in some small town. I remember wooden buildings, mud streets, a very cold grey day and going up these stairs where they had set up a temporary gallows over the side of a balcony type structure. I was one of a group of a dozen or so children, some younger than me. They (soldiers) just tossed the kids over the side with ropes around their necks. Then they threw the bodies onto a cart. They hated us, and called us 'little rats' which is why I think we may have been Jewish - it was unfortunately often like that in Poland. (Fortunately I have self-censored what happened after being on the stairs waiting for my 'turn'.) Just one of many gruesome memories I'm afraid.


The next life after that one I was a man and went on a wild rampage with the Polish cavalry or cossacks or similar. When I was having this memory I had the sense that this was pay back of some kind against the people who had done this terrible thing. Red hot revenge!
And stereotypes says witches are against children cover face


What a sad tragic ending, I do hope this part of history gets recovered. :( Sometimes the biggest casualty is being forgotten.
 
Thanks Twilight. Yes, a sad and tragic story alright. But, it was a long time ago. Horrible things like this still take place in the world, but, I hope not as much and not in secret as they used to.


Funny just last night I had another flash of "Poland". I haven't for ages. It was very brief, just as I was almost falling asleep, but very strong. It woke me up again.


It was the cavalry life. I was riding up a track with a large group of men, my regiment I suppose, a steep mountain path through forest - some mountain pass I imagine... On the way to 'the front' (Russia?) after the 'incident'.


We were in single file. Somehow I knew that another 'troop' had left us - deserted or turned back for some reason. I was thinking what cowards they were. But my 'Uhlan' were still pressing forward, with our blue and yellow uniforms.


The word that kept repeating in my head was 'butchery' as we plodded along up this path on horseback. I was rueing the 'butchery' that took place in the duel (I'd said earlier it felt very unfair) and was also dreading the 'butchery' that I knew was about to take place in the coming battle. A moment of great mournfulness and regret.


Just a little flash. It happens sometimes.
 
tanguerra said:
Thanks Twilight. Yes, a sad and tragic story alright. But, it was a long time ago. Horrible things like this still take place in the world, but, I hope not as much and not in secret as they used to.
Funny just last night I had another flash of "Poland". I haven't for ages. It was very brief, just as I was almost falling asleep, but very strong. It woke me up again.


It was the cavalry life. I was riding up a track with a large group of men, my regiment I suppose, a steep mountain path through forest - some mountain pass I imagine. We were in single file. This was on my way to the front, after the 'incident'. Somehow I knew that another 'troop' had left us - deserted or turned back for some reason. I was thinking what cowards they were. But my 'Uhlan' were still pressing forward, with our blue and yellow uniforms.


The word that kept repeating in my head was 'butchery' as we plodded along up this path on horseback. I was rueing the 'butchery' that took place in the duel (I'd said earlier it felt very unfair) and was also dreading the 'butchery' that I knew was about to take place in the coming battle. A moment of great mournfulness and regret.


Just a little flash. It happens sometimes.
You're welcome, and glad to hear that you are alright now ^_O
 
Thanks Twilight. Yes. I'm alright now. Very much so. These things have a way of working themselves out in the long run.


I saw X tonight, as it happens sometimes, (although I'd not seen him for a month or so and had been missing him) at a party. We shared a meal with other friends, and had a nice chat about all kinds of things, a laugh, a drink (not too much). All nice and easy... Some remeniscences with other old friends (this life). All is well with the world. I feel happy at the moment.


Strange, perhaps but true. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
... I knew I'd had a serious dressing down from my commanding officer about it. There was no suggestion of what I'd done being illegal or being charged with murder or anything, but I was definitely in disgrace....
I have a friend (acquaintence) I've known for many, many years. I recognised him the day I met him (some 30 years ago or more) as my former 'commanding officer' in Poland (it happens). I've always liked and respected him. He's an artist now (yes, really) and an all round admirable and terrific person - a relatively well known and certainly well-liked person in my 'village', some few years older than me ... anyway...


Tonight I was out and about and ran into him at a party, after not having seen him for quite some time. We were having a good time at the party and everything - chatting amiably - but he had occasion to 'reprove' me for some inconsiderate remark I'd made 10 years or more or so ago to his (now) wife. It was all so long ago and (quite frankly I didn't recall the incident in question). He was very polite about it, but he sort of took a slightly 'haughty' tone with me for a moment and I got all de ja vu about the incident above.


It was all fine this evening about the 'present life' issue (I apologised, anyway, for whatever it was I must have said to cause offence to his wife 10 years ago (?)). That was no problem, and all 'water under the bridge' and all that. But it gave me a strange 'de ja vu' chill as well when he was 'scolding' me (really, quite gently) ... Odd.


What's going on with the 'Poland' thing with me at the moment? I'm not sure. Something no doubt.
 
Hello Tanguerra and All,


I'm new here, exploring the Forum, searching for others experiences of PLs.


I found your story very interesting as it took place in the land I was born. Let's say I did some digging on my own because of this name "count Ladislaw.." you were able to recall; it has woken my curiosity :) lets say we didn't have too many counts that it would be impossible to identify him.


At some point I found some (not too many) sources mentioning "Count Wladyslaw Strojnowski/Stroynowski" - he was one organizing one of many guerilla groups figting for freedom during January uprising. He became quite well known by one of the battle upon Rawka/Bolimowo on February 1863, so basically not 1700. He was commanding one unit of rebels and fighting against Russian army and Cossacs.


There is one statue for memory of those who were killed in the battle, unfortunatelly only in polish: http://lowiczanin.info/wiki/index.php?title=Pomnik_w_Mogi%C5%82ach


(Btw as history says, he was not killed at that time).


What is more interesting, the count was ex russian tsar's soldier (here goes the history where Poland was not existing country at that time, its lands were divided by Austria, Russia and Germany - men from those three partitions, belonging to the lands of the three countries, were obliged to serve invaders' armies). It looks like count Wladyslaw was from Russian part of Poland, later on fighting for extrication of Poland.


Apart from that there is not many words said about his personal life or at least I have found nothing during last hour or so :)


Other interesting fact is that somewhere in his family, later on "hrabia/count Wladyslaw Tarnowski" was born, one of polish composers, most known by his piano concerts (died in late XIX century in San Francisco): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%82adys%C5%82aw_Tarnowski


And some links shoewing army uniforms at that time of "January uprising": http://www.dobroni.pl/rekonstrukcja-zdjecia,61291


http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mundury+crskie+wojsko&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=4CDAD92D5F91B3D8D5E655AFCBD0B78AF8CFBF3D&selectedIndex=8


Have no idea if you will read that post, but I have the feeling it could possibly help you to explore your story a bit more, which is, at the same time, fascinating :)


Best wishes and warm hugs


~Eilean
 
Wow! Thanks Eilean! That's very interesting. I will see what else I can google. That all rings true, doesn't it with what I was saying. Blue and yellow uniforms as well. How amazing.


I found this, which is bits and pieces of an actual history of it all, put together from various memoirs of people of the time. ... Including this one: * Precis Historique sur la Pologne, r^dig^ sur les Notes du Comte Ladislas Stroynowski. Geneve, chez les principaux libraires.


All sorts of tales of derring do during the 'insurrection' of the Poles against the Russians.... setting fire to villages, battles, politics, fighting to reclaim lands from the cossacks, etc. just as I had described... I'm stunned! I don't remember any specific incidents such as the one below, but it's is a blur of various battles, village by village, to reclaim 'our' lands as I talked about around the start of this thread.

tanguerra said:
...The next life after that one I was a man and went on a wild rampage with the Polish cavalry or cossacks or similar. When I was having this memory I had the sense that this was pay back of some kind against the people who had done this terrible thing. Red hot revenge!
Heh heh! Those were the days (!?!?!).


The private history of a Polish insurrection: From Official and Unofficial Sources

...The peasants were completely duped by this calumny. Excited by the fear of being slaughtered as much as by the alcohol, they wished to kill the two travellers, beginning with the priest. An old woman came by chance to the rescue of the latter. The count now remained alone. He had been knocked off his horse and could not escape, and he was without arms.
To save himself from the bullets of the peasants, Stroynowski seized one of the party and held the man before him as a shield. Ultimately, after a desperate struggle, he got away from the village without being hit, ran after the priest, who had escaped with his carriage, but was unable to overtake him, and at last fell down exhausted from fatigue. Three of the peasants who had attacked him in the village found him lying in a field by the side of the road and beat him and wounded him with their heavy sticks * until at last they left him bleeding, unconscious, and almost without life. So much for the patriotism of the Polish peasantry, even in the kingdom of Poland...."
...In the pamphlets published by the Poles of the moderate party, or by their friends and coadjutors abroad, the Warsaw massacres of which that of February 25th, 1861, was the first, were unprovoked onslaughts made by ferocious soldiers on harmless and unresisting crowds. This, however, is what I find on the subject in the memoirs of Count Stroynowski, already referred to above : —
"The patriots who carried the torches at the head of the column refused to withdraw; they continued to advance, making use of the torches to keep off the horses of the gendarmerie and open a passage for the procession up to the Alexander Place. The troops then used their sabres; the patriots fought as well as they could, some with the torches, others with the standards carried at the head of the procession — for none of them had arms. At the same time the crowd sang patriotic hymns. The gendarmes urged their horses towards the people, but they could not be got to approach the torch-bearers. The torch-bearers occupied the first rank, and directed the flames towards the horses' nostrils, who thereupon either turned back or reared and threw their riders.


When the torches went out the troops attacked and sabred many persons in the crowd. A nominal list of the wounded was circulated in the town the next day. It was not asserted at the time that any one had been killed, though the affair of the 25th was afterwards spoken of and generally regarded as a 'massacre'....
This bit really made me sit up and pay attention...

...Three days afterwards, March 2nd, every house in Warsaw was closed, and black cloth was hung before all those by which the funeral of the five victims was to pass....
In other words, the houses were draped in black cloth, presumably the doors and/or windows, so this shows that that was indeed a custom of the time to signify mourning just as I'd said above. Amazing stuff.
 
Wow!


Please don't call me ignorant but I had no idea of National Archive existance :) this web has a chance to be one of my Fav's :D


This bits you found are impressive!!! It shows the history itself :)


So maybe Sophie/X could be wife of one of dead rebels, killed possibly not in duel itself but within the fight/battle where the husband and the Count payed their bills in the dust of the battlefield (nobody would notice in the haos and it wouldn't be so impossible concerning polish temperament).


Besides what I found also is that the Count healed his wounds and formed the new unit again - so it makes sense with your story that immediatelly after funeral/mourning time he went back to other battle.


This is really amazing :)


I really wish one day to have a chance and see some of mine PLs. Maybe then I will find out some answers for my questions ;)


Hugs


~Eilean
 
Eilean said:
Wow!
Please don't call me ignorant but I had no idea of National Archive existance :) this web has a chance to be one of my Fav's :D


This bits you found are impressive!!! It shows the history itself :) ['my' bits are the most exciting bits, of course. T]


So maybe Sophie/X could be wife of one of dead rebels, killed possibly not in duel itself but within the fight/battle where the husband and the Count...
Oh no. If there's one thing that's crystal clear, it's the duel. There's no mistaking any of the circumstances of that and that morning in the 'drawing room' and our conversation that day. There's no doubt in my mind about any of that...


But, perhaps I did not get killed at the front, but went on to fight many battles for years after? It would seem so. We were very young when all this happened, as I said. My young 'tragic' self would have thought I'd go off and get killed in battle, but I wonder what really happened and if I ever saw her again?
 
About the Count I found only that he was born in 1831 in Targowica and dead in 1895 (buried in Lwow, todays Ukraine).


However no track of his personal life so far ...
 
tanguerra,


It might have been lost in the shuffle of new (to us!) info, but the other count Eilean found was born in 1836. He was a pianist, composer, and dramatist. And, most likely, related to you. He wrote --Uhlans march, called also Soldiers song. He met Chopin.


Also, a lot is happening RIGHT NOW in Ukraine.


Very interesting how these unrelated pieces seem to be tying together. Love this story, by the way. . .
 
I was thinking about the Ukraine coming up right now, too, and reading about the history of Poland in the last few days. I thought about how the Polish people suffered during WWII, and the Cold War. You have your freedom back.
 
I read the other day that Crimea used to be a part of Russia. It was Stalin who attached it to the Ukraine, maybe so the Russians living there could keep the Ukrainians in line. Isn't the Ukraine where Stalin punished the peasants by taking away their food? The peasants didn't want to be put into "collective" farms. I remember reading about the 1930's famine in Russia when I was in school. It was only after the fall of the Soviet Union that we learned it had been a "man-made" famine.
 
Hello Blueheart, Briar Rose and Argonne1918 :)


Blueheart, is it possible that reminescences of PLs are waking up just at the time when sth is happening in the öld life land? In the face of what is happening in Ukraine lately this would be very interesting, however Tanguerra has the vision of this PL for couple of years.


I am not so fluent with the reincarnation topic thus asking :)


Briar Rose, thank you for kind words :) the only concern is that somehow I think right now some of the Poles don't appreciate this hardly fought freedom ;)


Argonne1918 as far as I know, Crimea through the history was firstly the penisula where the Crimean Khanate was created. Those people were the ancestors of Tatars and Cossacs. Then it was the part of Osman Empire and later on - Russian :) Eventually Russians gave it to Ukraine somewhere around 50ties XX, but back then it was nothing as Ukraine was part of SSSR. Terribly complicated as every political piece of history but also very interesting.


And Argonne, yes, there were few "big hungers"in Ukraine in XIX and XX century. Terryfying what human kind is capable to do :(


Hugs


~Eilean
 
Blueheart said:
tanguerra,
It might have been lost in the shuffle of new (to us!) info, but the other count Eilean found was born in 1836. He was a pianist, composer, and dramatist. And, most likely, related to you. He wrote --Uhlans march, called also Soldiers song. He met Chopin.


Also, a lot is happening RIGHT NOW in Ukraine.


Very interesting how these unrelated pieces seem to be tying together. Love this story, by the way. . .
Hi Blueheart,


I believe the pianist Count was some years later - perhaps a son / nephew / grandson? But still very interesting. I'm not surprised if he wrote the 'Uhlans Song'. From what I have read and what I recall, the Uhlan were part of a long and glorious tradition, and certainly my Count felt the gravity. Being part of the 'Uhlan' was a big deal. Perhaps, given the constantly shifting politics and national borders, being part of the 'Uhlan' was more important than being 'Polish' at the time? Perhaps that represented the old more family / clan oriented cultural tradition? That would ring true. I wrote something above about feeling very strongly the framework of family tradition, honour and so forth that I lived by.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhlan

...In the Turkic Tatar language (written oglan or ulan), it means, amongst other things, a brave warrior or young man. During the Polish-Lithuanian Union, the name "U?an" was the surname (family name) of a Lithuanian Tatar noble family whose male family members, like all Lithuanian nobles, had regularly served as light cavalrymen for the Polish kings since at least the 15th century. One of the family members, Colonel Aleksander U?an, was a commander of a Polish light cavalry regiment in the service of Polish-Saxon kings, August II Mocny (Augustus II the Strong) and Augustus III. After U?an's death his regiment was nicknamed 'U?anowe dzieci' (U?an's children) and 'U?anowe wojsko' (Ulan's army) and then shortened to U?ans. Prior to 1764, all Polish-Lithuanian Tatar cavalry regiments in Saxon service were named U?ani (Uhlans or Ulanen)...
 
Eilean said:
About the Count I found only that he was born in 1831 in Targowica and dead in 1895 (buried in Lwow, todays Ukraine).
However no track of his personal life so far ...
Interesting. So he lived a fairly long life after all? That was something I didn't know before. I remembered a lot of battles and don't remember anything from his old age, so I just assumed he might have been killed. The '1700s' was just a guess based on the clothes and furniture and so on. I'm not an historical fashion expert anyway.


It would be interesting to find out about his private life. I doubt this matter of the duel would have gone into his 'memoirs' though. Not his finest hour and not something he was proud of I'd say. It's more than likely he would gloss over that, if only to protect 'Sophia' from any further scandal, and also he would consider such a personal matter of little interest to posterity.


I'm still astonished that all the rest is so accurate though, that there should be such a person, with that name, in that part of the world, directly involved in the battles in those days, just as I recall, is such a strong validation. I'm not surprised that it's all true. I really don't just make this stuff up. But it's certainly the most clear historical validation I've ever had.


As to Polish politics, well, just in these two lives described here you can see the struggle going back and forth over lands. What's going on in the Ukraine now is nothing new. It's just the latest episode in a longer struggle.
 
Tanguerra,


I cannot even imagine how that could feel - you have seen it, his life, felt emotions..


Almost all facts suiting like a puzzle!


And believe me, I was also shocked by accuracy of the hit:


started to digg around the blurry part of the Counts name you gave (curiosity?) I didn't even think to register to Forum as I was mainly reading it for 1-2 days already because of my Son and children PLs.


So did some research, nothing professional at all but yet the result was dazzling!


I have decided to register and write everything down because it is so unlikely. Or it is actually :) :)


Btw I will try to find out anything about his personal life - it has to be sth on polish sources :) (In MyHeritage there is one Wladyslaw Stroynowski who was born 1840 - and had wife and 3 children, but I have no access to see more details)


I also think there is small possibility to find any track of duel but who knows ..
 
Tanguerra, I don't think we ever get 100% accuracy - it was after all, over a century ago. That you got that much detail is absolutely amazing, and very validating for those of us who have been reading along with you.


We are so lucky to have added you, Eliean, as a member.
 
BriarRose said:
Tanguerra, I don't think we ever get 100% accuracy - it was after all, over a century ago. That you got that much detail is absolutely amazing, and very validating for those of us who have been reading along with you.
We are so lucky to have added you, Eliean, as a member.
It's great isn't it? There are all kinds of resources in Polish that I would never have been able to find on my own. Thanks again Eilean.


Actually I'm shocked how accurate it all is though. The bits that were wrong (the date range for instance) was really just a rough guess on my part, as I said, based on the costumes.


I've had that song 'Hej Sokoly' stuck in my head the past 24 hours!
 
Reading on a little further today in this text I found some more references to the exploits of Stroyonswki from the year 1863 (?)...About the formation of the 'Extreme Party' or 'white' party - white usually means a party of nobles in those parts - archly conservative. It figures! told you this was a very aggressive, highly patriotic and ambitious man.

...Believing that the time for action had now fully arrived, eleven of the most advanced members of the extreme party held a meeting on February 1st, at Crluchowek (an estate near Warsaw, belonging to Count Stroynowski), at which it was resolved to commence the insurrection on the 15th. The Central Committee, which, since the exile of Count Zamoyski, had been strengthened (or as some thought weakened) by the adhesion of a certain number of men who had previously belonged to the moderate party, was opposed to precipitate action, and wished to postpone the rising until the reparations for it were more complete....
...The time, however, was coming when circumstances would oblige it to take part either for or against the Russian Government. Among the eleven men who were in favour of an immediate appeal to arms, and who held that the delay which had already taken place had been far more profitable to the Russians than to the Poles, were some members of the first committee formed by the extreme party in October 1861, and which was afterwards reconstituted under the title of 'Central National Committee,' and some officers of the 'Central National Committee' holding mandates as provincial commissioners. I may mention by name among the eleven Ladislas Yeska, Count Ladislas Stroynowski, Edward Bolski and Leon Frankowski. The name of Yeska has already been published as that of one of the envoys sent to Paris to offer the dictatorship to Mieroslawski, at the very beginning of the insurrection. Stroynowski, Rolski, and Frankowski are all beyond the reach of harm. The first fell into the hands of Cossacks when he was already mortally wounded. The second was killed in action. The third wounded and disabled, was taken prisoner, and as soon as he was convalescent, hanged....
This says that Stroyonowski was 'mortally wounded' and captured by cossacks but it's not entirely clear from this what year that happened? Could it have been after all this activity in 1861-63 or during it? The date of first publication is 1865, fairly soon after all this happened, so perhaps he's saying that 'It's OK to disclose some of these guy's (conspirators') names now because they're all dead now anyway?'
 
I think you are probably right about that. The conspirators must have been dead when that was published. After all, that's what people do with their memoirs. Sometimes they wait to publish, so no one will be harmed. After the details "gel" in your mind, are you going to share this with "X"?
 
BriarRose said:
I think you are probably right about that. The conspirators must have been dead when that was published. After all, that's what people do with their memoirs. Sometimes they wait to publish, so no one will be harmed.
Hard to tell about that. This history was written by someone else and was quoting bits out of the Count's memoirs (journals?) about his exploits during the 'uprising' along with material from various other sources. The author is English, but was an eye witness to a lot of the events and writes about his travels in Poland in the preface. There's a good chance he knew some of the protagonists or at least met them personally?


If the Count was really 'mortally wounded' and captured by Cossacks in 1863, when did he have time to write his memoirs? During all these battles or while convalescing? Maybe he wasn't as badly wounded as all that? Maybe they let him go? Hard to say for sure. Maybe Eilean is right and he didn't die until 1895 after all? It's all very interesting in any case.

After the details "gel" in your mind, are you going to share this with "X"?
No. I haven't told X about any of this. I doubt he would a) believe me b) be interested c) benefit from any of this information, so I'll probably keep all this to myself as usual.
 
Sorry - I wasn't clear. I didn't think it was the Count's memoirs. I am "muzzy" today. I'm sure you know best about "X". I can't imagine he wouldn't be interested, on the other hand, many men don't accept the idea that they have been a woman very well. Not knowing "X", I can't say. I recently told my husband he was my father in our last life. That got an odd reception. You have a point - his eyes often glaze over, as I recount past life scenarios.
 
Eilean said:
Blueheart, is it possible that reminescences of PLs are waking up just at the time when sth is happening in the öld life land? In the face of what is happening in Ukraine lately this would be very interesting, however Tanguerra has the vision of this PL for couple of years.
I think it is certainly possible. However, Tanguerra is not really remembering anything new right now.


I just thought it was an interesting synchronicity. The facts that your sources revealed seemed to mirror what is going on in that part of the world today.
 
So, Eilean must be right and maybe the 'mortal wound' wasn't quite so mortal after all. I found this geneology website. This has got to be the same guy and it says he lived to 1895:


http://www.sejm-wielki.pl/n/Strojnowski

PSB (Polish Biographical Dictionary?) Vol 44 p 414: Stroynowski Wladyslaw Piotr (1831 or 1833-1895) the agent of the Municipal Committee in 1861, commander of the squad in the January Uprising (parents: Rafal Strojnowski and NN)
 
BriarRose said:
I recently told my husband he was my father in our last life. That got an odd reception. You have a point - his eyes often glaze over, as I recount past life scenarios.
You're being brave. :)
 
Back
Top