• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

plr youtube brought me to northern china

I have been working with a plr youtube video for about a week now and I think I have a hard time letting go to really do it. So I finally felt it - real, unmistakable openness.

The audio guides you to a door that you open to your past life, and while it was leading up to the opening of the door, I imagined a few things I might see. It asks that you stare at your feet first. I was picturing so many types of shoes or bare feet and when I looked down and opened my eyes I saw deep tan skin, manly (but small) feet wearing sandals. That's all I remember from the entire regression. I likely fell asleep.

This was about a week ago. I have done the regression video almost every night with no real results, or falling asleep. I'm okay with that because i feel like I am working my way there, and I shouldn't try and force the memories.

Last night I fell asleep doing the regression and I dreamt very vividly of "north china." When my husband woke me up for work I said to him "Do not wake me up, I am dreaming of North China and I need to figure out what happens." haha so he let me sleep. I remember a building, it was three levels but no walls. It just had that triangle shaped roof that is common in china (sorry, I don't know what anything is called) and three platform levels. There was a ladder going from ground to the second level (there was like a hole in the floor for the ladder to go through) and the same from second to third level. Then the roof had like that Chinese architectural shape with swooping corners. I will try and find a picture of something like it and possibly a name. That's really all I remember, seeing that and looking at it from a far. I also saw behind it either a big mountain or a big rock or big hill kind of, I don't know how close it was but from my view it rose up over the roof of the structure.

As I was on my way to work I remember having another dream that came with no provocation and I never considered as past life related but now I'm sure it is. I was a Chinese man working in a market. I had a cart that I pushed or pulled and it looked much like a wheel barrow. The cart was full of some type of fruit - they looked like apples but I don't think they were apples. I had people with me and I recognized them as my son and husband but they were also Chinese. They were adults and in my dream they were not my family like they are in this life. I. the dream I knew they should not be there with me in the market and I was trying to inconspicuously get them indoors. I also remember telling my husband that I was trying to get them across a border. The "border" was literally from one side of the street to another, or at least that was the safe zone. And it was one thing me for me to linger there selling fruit but it was another for people to cross this area without obvious reason and with any belongings. So i was trying to find a way to help them do that or get them indoors until we had a safe opportunity to do it. In this dream, as far as what I was wearing, the best way to describe it would be that it looked like a night gown. It was white, but worn so not vivid white obviously, and it was a long sleeve, long smock/nightgown sort of thing. So weird. There were no motor vehicles, but there were one or two gaurds wearing black or dark green or brown (can't remember exactly) uniforms with batons. I don't remember if they had guns, but they did have shiny boots.


I had this last dream over a year ago and I remember it. I feel like I might be getting somewhere finally!!! OMG
 
OMG


So I was trying to google what I was wearing in my dream and my husband kept saying "it sounds like a tai chi shirt." So I googled that and it was too short. I told him I wasn't wearing pants, only the long shirt and I finally found this.


00202744.jpg



It was exactly like that. That site listed it as a "long robe" so I began to google "Chinese long robe" and found this:


Chang Pao was men's common wear, lower than the knees and with a round collar band. It was a long gown featured collarless, narrow horseshoe-shaped sleeves, buttons down the left front, four slits and a fitting waist. The slits could enhance men's freedom of mobility while they were riding the horse. Men wore thin Chang Pao made of cotton cloth in the summer, and warm cotton Chang Pao or fur-lined robe in the winter.


"Chang Pao was originally the typical Manchu costume with horseshoe-shaped sleeves and slits on the four lower sides of the gown. Manchu came from the Northern region where its winter was much colder than Central China. These horseshoe sleeves were designed to cover the hands during winter times and men would curl the sleeves up during hunting or conducting their daily business. Therefore, during the early years of the Qing Dynasty, all male clothing had horseshoe-shaped sleeves. Like the Manchu, they would curl the sleeves up when they going about their daily business. When the imperial officers kowtowed to his superior officers or the emperor, the sleeves had to be to let down, covering the hands."


I think it's pretty crazy that I am saying, half asleep, that I am in northern china and then I google what I was wearing to find that it is specific to northern china!


So I found out that people wore these most often during the qing dynasty which would be late 1700s-early 1900s according to wikipedia.


I also found out that if I were wearing a chang pao that I was most likely a Manchu living in (and likely born in) China. So in late 1800s, there was a revolution called the "boxer rebellion" which was a group that rebelled against the Manchu qing dynasty. While the boxers rebelled against Manchu, many of them were Manchu themselves. They rebelled primarily due to the Manchu dynasties dealings with foreign parties such as the Brits and Germans rather than Manchurian.
 
I got you pm! I was planning in writing you. I will when I'm in front of a computer, either tonight or tommorow morning.
 
Totoro said:
I got you pm! I was planning in writing you. I will when I'm in front of a computer, either tonight or tommorow morning.
Thank you, I can't wait to hear what you have to say! This is a very exciting day for me, I've been waiting to remember!
 
I'm glad in your PM you said Beijing, because when I think of northern China, I think of the really northern provinces, including Mongolia. So I was having trouble placing what you were talking about! It makes more sense now!


First, you may not have been a Manchu; the Manchus were invaders to mainland China from Mongolia, but they are an ethnic minority within China. But they were the ruling people within China, so China adopted their style of dress and customs.


Much of Chinese culture is based on Han culture and that includes the architecture you mentioned, with the swooping corners on buildings. Manchu buildings are more simple and related to buildings like the Yurt; just very simple and practical, like their clothes.


Han culture prefers the more ornate and it's influence can be seen in the buildings and clothing styles of the Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean. In fact the Kimono is based off of the traditional Han robe.


So based on that and also that you said that you were selling apples or some sort of fruit, I would say that you were most likely Han, which is the major ethinic group within China, although you could also be one of the other 180 or so ethnic minorities. But for our purposes here, you can just say Chinese! LOL


Your robes would not have been white. White in Asia represents death and is worn to funerals. They may have possibly been gray, but that color is usually associated with Taoist monks.


What it could have been is something close to a confederate gray / battleship gray / steel blue color. What that may suggest though is that your robes may have been originally dark blue (most likely) or even black and that they have faded / soiled over time.


There was no sealed off streets or border that I am aware of during the boxer rebellion, although obviously, there may have been for the protection of key areas. But maybe and most likely what you were seeing was an area under a curfew. Hence your feeling of needing to get off of the street.


What makes you think this time period was the boxer rebellion? I'm only asking for more clues that can help identify the location and the time period :D


Why I ask is because you said soldiers with shiny boots (I'm assuming you mean shiny black boots). Shiny leather is something that was never really a part of Chinese culture. Qing soldiers during the boxer rebellion would have most likely have worn calf skin or suede boots; even thought some of their uniform may have been green. And their boots were usually calf high or lower. It's a style similar to what they cossacks would have wore, since they come from the same region.


So what you may have been seeing is something close to a foreign power, especially if the boots were knee high. Maybe the legation quarter where many Chinese sought refuge from the boxers as they persecuted Chinese that had converted to Christianity and or sided with or helped the foreigners.


You may have also been seeing one of the warlord factions during the early 1900's through the 30's.


And last but not least, you may have also been seeing a PLA solider after the communist take over in the 40s.


Traditional robes we worn well into the 1950's by people that were born in the late 1800's and early 1900's.


But since you said there weren't any cars around, i would say the time period may be 1920's down to the boxer rebellion, if you feel that's what your intuition is telling you.


As for the pagoda, you could have been seeing one built as I don't know of any that don't have walls. But building one during a period of war is a little weird. Maybe it was from a different time period than your other memory?


One key thing you mentioned is that it had three levels. All pagoda have an odd number of levels and 3 is the most common.


Hope that helped and maybe I gave you some food for thought and you can make a connection!


Let me know if I can be of any other help or if you have any questions!
 
Totoro said:
There was no sealed off streets or border that I am aware of during the boxer rebellion, although obviously, there may have been for the protection of key areas. But maybe and most likely what you were seeing was an area under a curfew. Hence your feeling of needing to get off of the street.


What makes you think this time period was the boxer rebellion? I'm only asking for more clues that can help identify the location and the time period :D


Why I ask is because you said soldiers with shiny boots (I'm assuming you mean shiny black boots). Shiny leather is something that was never really a part of Chinese culture. Qing soldiers during the boxer rebellion would have most likely have worn calf skin or suede boots; even thought some of their uniform may have been green. And their boots were usually calf high or lower. It's a style similar to what they cossacks would have wore, since they come from the same region.


So what you may have been seeing is something close to a foreign power, especially if the boots were knee high. Maybe the legation quarter where many Chinese sought refuge from the boxers as they persecuted Chinese that had converted to Christianity and or sided with or helped the foreigners.


You may have also been seeing one of the warlord factions during the early 1900's through the 30's.


And last but not least, you may have also been seeing a PLA solider after the communist take over in the 40s.


Traditional robes we worn well into the 1950's by people that were born in the late 1800's and early 1900's.


But since you said there weren't any cars around, i would say the time period may be 1920's down to the boxer rebellion, if you feel that's what your intuition is telling you.


As for the pagoda, you could have been seeing one built as I don't know of any that don't have walls. But building one during a period of war is a little weird. Maybe it was from a different time period than your other memory?


One key thing you mentioned is that it had three levels. All pagoda have an odd number of levels and 3 is the most common.


Hope that helped and maybe I gave you some food for thought and you can make a connection!


Let me know if I can be of any other help or if you have any questions!
Yes, this helped so much! The only reason I thought boxer rebellion is because of the robe. I could be way off base. Same goes for manchu. If I'm being honest, I felt a little wrong about that so I'm glad to hear that my garment doesn't point to only that era. To that point, I also have no other reason to suspect beijing other than the clothing.


The curfew comment made so much sense! It summed up my feeling of this isn't okay but it's not the worst. I was definitely helping other people do something illegal, though. I was trying to get them somewhere and the guards were stopping it. All I remember is that we could freely cross the street if we wanted but they were carrying things and if they brought their belongings down/across the street it would arouse suspicion.


As for the pagoda, I also thought it was possibly being built. It did have a swooping, carved roof but the rest was wooden and un-decorated. The ladders also pointed to the fact that it was still being built. In the pagoda memory, which is what I experienced last night, I was standing next to another man and looking at the pagoda with him. We could also see the mountain/hill reaching up behind it. And we were talking and both expressing a feeling kind of like "if we must." It's the feeling of defeat when you really only have one choice and it is rather unsavory. I felt defeated. In that memory I was not wearing the long robe but a shorter one and pants. It did feel like a different time but I was the same person. if I had to hazard a guess, the memory of the pagoda happened years after the memory of selling fruit.


cont...
 
I have tried to find info on selling fruit - is it normal that I would be selling fruit out of a cart in the street? Does that help narrow down a time? What would I likely have been selling?
 
Street vending was and is how most things are bought in China. You can't really pin that down to one time period.


My guess would be the fruit was either pears or plums.


Does the name coal hill sound familiar?
 
No, it doesn't strike anything. I am going to try and do the hypnosis again tonight. I am excited to get to it but I'm trying to remember that it took a very long time to get here and it's not likely that this is just going to be like floodgates.


I can, however, remember the pagoda and mountain so vividly that I am sure I could recognize it if I saw it.
 
Well I am anxious to hear what you find out too. Although I will say once you find the right trigger, it will happen much faster.
 
Also, although my husband and son were both recognized in the first memory, I know that I didn't have a spouse.


Could a monk be a possibility? Would a monk be selling fruit?


And since I'm sure that I knew my husband in that life, he is interested in trying to find out more about himself as well. I hope it's easier now that I have the first memories organized a bit.
 
Its possible that a monk would be selling fruit. But I don't think they would normally regret having to build a pagoda. They mostly resign themselves to labor, meditation etc and pagodas were normally built in conjunction with temples, monasteries etc and were used to store sacred objects.


But it is possible possible that you had some disagreement with an abbot and felt that a pagoda wasn't important at the time or something.


I just mean there can be multiple reasons for things. I'd keep looking for more clues!
 
Monks also didn't normally wear Manchu robes. So its possible that you were hired to build the pagoda or perhaps became a monk after the fruit selling memory.
 
Would you mind sharing a link to the YouTube video concerned please. I've accumulated a few links, but we will all react differently to different ones (eg I've dropped one because she was too quick off the mark and assumed we were relaxed in 5 seconds flat and then dropped another one because I didn't like their voice).


I might get on better with the one you mention.
 
Yes, I can post it. I will do it a bit later.


I got two names last night during the regression. The first was pronounced like Kwan and the second like lee. I also got the number 39.


I think the names I got were in relation to a location, possibly where I was born and grew up.


I was able to have a memory as a little boy. I was in a dirty street and I was very dirty. I must have been a peasent.


I also remembered that I had two children. So possibly monk is out. I know that when I was in my older memories I did nt have a family.


I also think that in the last memory I had with the pagoda, I was not a peasant anymore.
 
Here's a tip.. Do some research on the sino Japanese war in the mount tai region. From my two second Google it seems there was a Japanese occupation of the area.
 
Well you just need to keep up with the research... You said mount tai and I've been reading its the most important site in taosim. And the color gray is related to it. Shandong (the province mount tai is in) was the place of the boxer rebellion..


You've got some very good pieces here to go on..just keep it up :)
 
Thanks. This japanese occupation is really ringing belles though, in the a expand japanese sino war! The japanese soldiers are much like the guards in my street vending memory, I think they might be exact.
 
Ceridwen said:
Would you mind sharing a link to the YouTube video concerned please. I've accumulated a few links, but we will all react differently to different ones (eg I've dropped one because she was too quick off the mark and assumed we were relaxed in 5 seconds flat and then dropped another one because I didn't like their voice).
I might get on better with the one you mention.

The voice is a little bit odd to get used to, but I really like this one.
 
Try researching the time period and location, that may spur something in.


Also try programming yourself for dreams and meditation. That's worked for me a few times.
 
Back
Top