• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Pictures Of The Past

I am trying reignite some memories
So I went google typed in flapper
nothing really hit me. Then ebay and 800+ images OMG
I did second review of most photos I feel I am getting
close to finding what I looked like.

When I do find the picture, it will probably be a flood gate
of emotions.

I did find a picture of woman from Jazz Age
that looks exactually like my mother.
Same build as mother too.
 
I actually was what would probably have been called a 'flapper' back in the 'jazz age' myself Shadows. It's taken me many (30) years to piece it all together.


Keep working at it. You will figure it out.


The Blitz
 
Last edited by a moderator:
shadowsofmypast said:
I am trying reignite some memories
So I went google typed in flapper


nothing really hit me. Then ebay and 800+ images OMG


I did second review of most photos I feel I am getting


close to finding what I looked like.
You can also search in google "images". When the google main page comes up look at the top menu bar. Then click on images. You will get more photos in google images than in ebay.
 
Google has more images but the stuff I have come across on eBay has been beyond incredible. Of course, the event and area I research was the subject of much discussion and photography. I am amazed at how much is out there.
 
tanguerra said:
I actually was what would probably have been called a 'flapper' back in the 'jazz age' myself Shadows. It's taken me many (30) years to piece it all together.
Keep working at it. You will figure it out.


The Blitz
It's been about 30 years for me also


As a child I couldn't understand these feelings


of places and different time periods.


Dej-vu . I felt like everyday almost.


I looked postcards back then as well .


Especially 20's and 30's ones I would stare


at them for long time I had alot sadeness after words.


It's just now it's coming together.


I wonder if we knew each other?
 
I think I found a picture of past life on ebay.


This is picture is pre- flapper the girl looks


14 or 15. I saved on my ebay


somebody says the eyes don't change .


I have same eyes as this girl.


When looking this photo the memories are


coming in so fast.


This girls face is a face I've seen before in dreams


and memory flashes.
 
I think anybody who believes they had past life,


could find a picture of themselves.


If you kept looking if you lived between 1860's


when photography real took off.


and then through 20 century.


Maybe have insight in these things.?


It's like the song I've been looking so long


at these pictures of you. That almost believe


they are real.
 
It's has to be very emotional experience to find photo from past life. In XIX century i was to poor and to ill to make photos. But once I was looking some archeology news in internet and i found photo of mummy that looks like me a bit.
 
You really should look at the picture that is your avatar.


You must chose it for a reason.


It looks late 1800's.


And yes, at has been sad & taxing experience.


There are no precise words to describe how


anybody can feel about this.
 
shadowsofmypast said:
You really should look at the picture that is your avatar.
You must chose it for a reason.


It looks late 1800's.


And yes, at has been sad & taxing experience.


There are no precise words to describe how


anybody can feel about this.
Really like this epoque and that girl on the avatr look the same when I'm in that pose - I could make my own photo but i'm to lazy.
 
For anyone looking for pictures of the 1920s, there's also flickr and tumblr. If you're going on tumblr you'll need to use the tags to browse but the general URL (which includes any photo tagged 1920s, so beware) would be http://tumblr.com/tagged/1920s .


I don't think I've ever seen any pictures of myself in a recent past life. When you think about it, there's a lot of photos that don't make their way online if the person who owns them now hasn't scanned them in. Still, a few years ago I found a picture of a lady who looked weirdly familiar but I couldn't figure it out. I still have it saved on my computer and have tried to use Google Images to find it, but most sites where it's been posted don't list any information and those that do don't even mention the model's name. I suppose I'll never know! Then again, it may be someone who looked like someone I've known at some point, in this life or others, and not necessarily the same person.
 
While doing some research on my past life


in 20's looking at various pictures the other


I found photo of two young girls of that era.


The real shocker as I looked closer at it.


Those two girls look just like mother and my aunt


same facial structure same eyes hair


etc. I don't know what to make of this.?


I know those are not relatives of any sort.


I looked it up my family tree.
 
Honestly I'd write it off to coincidence. In this one town I've seen three different people who looked like a co-worker of mine with very few differences. It was like they were all stamped from the same mold with only cosmetic differences (different glasses, different backpack, etc.).
 
Back
Top