Kilt Rock
Member
I apologize for posting a new thread - I didn't know where it would go.
I've always had moments in my life when my dreams seemed more like memories than actual dreams. I'd remember every single detail afterwards too, to the point that my mom bought me a journal to record my memories from those dreams.
Later, I saw a picture of a place (a steep cliff falling straight into the ocean) that made me cry heavily, with a longing way too deep for a place I'd never been to. Years passed and I finally found out (I never stopped looking) where that place actually was. It took me 10 years to travel there and so I did, in the hopes that going to the place would quench that nostalgic feeling that still made me cry.
The place is truly a beautiful location (Kilt Rock, in the Isle of Skye), with a waterfall that drops into the ocean. The rock formation is what drew me there, however, and the first time I saw it with my own eyes I cried for long minutes. The longing didn't stop, and instead I felt exhilarated for "being home" and extremely sad for no reason. On that first trip I visited my rocks three times, leaving with the same nostalgic feeling of before. I went back next year, and nothing changed.
So, still haunted by that place and the feelings it prompted, I tried PLR theraphy twice, but neither time took me there. Instead, when I pushed through the therapist's guidance and forced myself to 'travel' there, I once more cried, but this time I also suffocated. The therapist brought me back, and I gave up on regression as an answer.
I did all the research I could about the place, about Scotland in medieval times (which is the time that feels more right for me) and came up empty. There's no record of a community there.
Now, it's hard to know how much of it was my imagination and how much of it was my actual impression, but as I stood watching it there was a sense that I left someone behind there. Like I made a promise to someone that we would one day reunite on that promontory, hence my urge to go back there again and again.
Sorry for the long text, but I would really like to know what you guys think about it, specially being a community that respects and accepts past lives. I even considered posting an ad online to see if anyone else in the world also feels this unexplainable connection to Kilt Rock.
Anyways, thank you for the space.
Pri.
I've always had moments in my life when my dreams seemed more like memories than actual dreams. I'd remember every single detail afterwards too, to the point that my mom bought me a journal to record my memories from those dreams.
Later, I saw a picture of a place (a steep cliff falling straight into the ocean) that made me cry heavily, with a longing way too deep for a place I'd never been to. Years passed and I finally found out (I never stopped looking) where that place actually was. It took me 10 years to travel there and so I did, in the hopes that going to the place would quench that nostalgic feeling that still made me cry.
The place is truly a beautiful location (Kilt Rock, in the Isle of Skye), with a waterfall that drops into the ocean. The rock formation is what drew me there, however, and the first time I saw it with my own eyes I cried for long minutes. The longing didn't stop, and instead I felt exhilarated for "being home" and extremely sad for no reason. On that first trip I visited my rocks three times, leaving with the same nostalgic feeling of before. I went back next year, and nothing changed.
So, still haunted by that place and the feelings it prompted, I tried PLR theraphy twice, but neither time took me there. Instead, when I pushed through the therapist's guidance and forced myself to 'travel' there, I once more cried, but this time I also suffocated. The therapist brought me back, and I gave up on regression as an answer.
I did all the research I could about the place, about Scotland in medieval times (which is the time that feels more right for me) and came up empty. There's no record of a community there.
Now, it's hard to know how much of it was my imagination and how much of it was my actual impression, but as I stood watching it there was a sense that I left someone behind there. Like I made a promise to someone that we would one day reunite on that promontory, hence my urge to go back there again and again.
Sorry for the long text, but I would really like to know what you guys think about it, specially being a community that respects and accepts past lives. I even considered posting an ad online to see if anyone else in the world also feels this unexplainable connection to Kilt Rock.
Anyways, thank you for the space.
Pri.