BriarRose
Member
I have suspected for some time that I was alive during World War II. I couldn't understand my overly intense feelings about the War, since it ended four years before I was born. I think a dream I had last night may have solved the puzzle.
A soul mate of mine died during the Normandy invasion. He remembers being in love with a girl who sang in a bar in New Orleans before he was deployed. D Day occurred in 1944. I have PL connections to New Orleans, and was told in this life by a man I knew that he always imagined me draped across a piano, singing in a club. I am really drawn to Blues music, and Big Band of the 30's and early 40's.
Last night, I dreamed that I was an American expatriate, living in Paris at the beginning of the German occupation. I knew that I was employed singing in a cabaret. I was with a black musician who I recognized as my spirit guide, Gus. We had been herded onto a narrow bridge in the city of Paris. It felt like late spring/early summer. German troops had blocked both ends of the bridge. I knew that I spoke a little German, and being a white woman, might be allowed to live. I was still terrified. I saw no way to save Gus, or the other black musicians on the bridge. I thought they would be sent to the camps, or immediately shot. Some milled about - others were disdainful of the treatment that we were receiving. I thought that if we were allowed to leave the bridge, we needed to try to blend in with the population, but that would be impossible for Gus. I wish I knew what happened to my friend, and now, Guide. I don't. I think I was allowed to leave Paris, and went to work in that bar in New Orleans. I met the Lieutenant, fell in love, and my life ended in the U.S. after he was killed at Normandy. I had red hair then, as I do now. As a child I always thought that the Nazis would have spared my life because I looked so Aryan. I think that is what happened in Paris.
This dream continued through the night, but the bridge is all I can recall with any detail. When I thought about it this morning, the pieces fell into place.
The whole story makes me shiver, as if someone stepped on my grave.
A soul mate of mine died during the Normandy invasion. He remembers being in love with a girl who sang in a bar in New Orleans before he was deployed. D Day occurred in 1944. I have PL connections to New Orleans, and was told in this life by a man I knew that he always imagined me draped across a piano, singing in a club. I am really drawn to Blues music, and Big Band of the 30's and early 40's.
Last night, I dreamed that I was an American expatriate, living in Paris at the beginning of the German occupation. I knew that I was employed singing in a cabaret. I was with a black musician who I recognized as my spirit guide, Gus. We had been herded onto a narrow bridge in the city of Paris. It felt like late spring/early summer. German troops had blocked both ends of the bridge. I knew that I spoke a little German, and being a white woman, might be allowed to live. I was still terrified. I saw no way to save Gus, or the other black musicians on the bridge. I thought they would be sent to the camps, or immediately shot. Some milled about - others were disdainful of the treatment that we were receiving. I thought that if we were allowed to leave the bridge, we needed to try to blend in with the population, but that would be impossible for Gus. I wish I knew what happened to my friend, and now, Guide. I don't. I think I was allowed to leave Paris, and went to work in that bar in New Orleans. I met the Lieutenant, fell in love, and my life ended in the U.S. after he was killed at Normandy. I had red hair then, as I do now. As a child I always thought that the Nazis would have spared my life because I looked so Aryan. I think that is what happened in Paris.
This dream continued through the night, but the bridge is all I can recall with any detail. When I thought about it this morning, the pieces fell into place.
The whole story makes me shiver, as if someone stepped on my grave.