wonder
Member
My appointment for hypnotherapy was yesterday evening. I guess I'll just relay what happened exactly as it went, and then let you know how I felt about it.
Once I was in a relaxed hypnotic state the therapist suggested I go to a beautiful peaceful place. I went to a meadow with tall grass and flowers all around. I was told to lay back and look around, find a cloud in this sky and float up to it. Once on the cloud I should lay back and let it take me back in time, back, back and further back. when the time seemed right I should slip off the cloud and float gently down to the ground. What did I see? A tree I replied. In a clearing with trees all around. Look down at my feet I was told, what was I wearing on them? Nothing I said, I am barefoot. What are you wearing, what do your cloths look like? Light brown baggy pants and a light brown shirt all too big for me. Look around, was I alone or was there anyone with You? I said I was alone, that I was lost. He told me to go to another time when I was at my house where I lived, go up to it and tell me what it looks like he said. I did and described a hut made of tree limbs and sticks covered with bark. Go inside, what does it look like? Brown, wood looking walls, furs on the ground to sit on. There is a fire in the center. Is anyone else there? Yes, a women. Who is she? My mom. What does she look like. She has long black hair in pony tails on the sides, she is wearing leather clothes. What is she doing? Cooking over the fire. Think about when you were eating, tell me about what you are eating. It's mushy and beige. Does it taste good? Yes. Tell me what do you do with yourself all day? Pick plants to eat with my Mom and everyone, we mash some with stones. What else? Play with my friends in the field and river near our houses.
Go to another time, this is a very important day, what are you doing? I am with two of my friends, we are much older. They are helping me to get ready. I am wearing a very nice dress with beads, my friends are putting paint on my face, blue-green the color of a robins egg and yellow lines on my face. What are you getting ready for? I think I am getting married. Where is your husband to be? He is waiting outside. Let's go to another very important day, later a really important day, what are you doing. I am getting in a canoe. Is anyone with you? Yes my husband. All our things are in the middle wrapped in furs. Where are you going. I don't know, we have to find food. Are you happy or sad? I am excited and sad. Why are you sad? My mom can't come with us. Why? She is too old. Is anyone going with you, or is it just you two? Many are going with us. Ok now lets move on, move forward in time and tell me what you are doing. I am in a tent laying in bed, I am so sick. I'm hot then cold, dizzy. Who is with you? Just me, I am alone. Are you much older? No young. Do you have any children? No. Where is everyone? I don't know, I'm too sick, I don't know where anyone is. Rise above and look down at yourself, you don't have to feel sick now, just look on from above and tell me what happens, do you get up? No. Never. Does someone come, do they bury you? No, no one ever came, I was all alone. What happened to the your husband, the others? I don't know, I was too sick.
The therapist asked why was I shown this life? I said "so she would know what it means to be alone".
I left feeling like, I could have just made this all up! I don't know where this came from. There doesn't seem to be any information that I couldn't have from a book or movie about American Indians. There is nothing I could really verify. I could look up what their shelters, and dress looked like, but this isn't really something I have not seen before. I have been to Native American museums before. I have alway felt an affinity for them, even decorated my home with Native American like decorations and colors etc.
I guess I was hoping to find something I could verify. To prove, even if only to myself that this was something real.
Once I was in a relaxed hypnotic state the therapist suggested I go to a beautiful peaceful place. I went to a meadow with tall grass and flowers all around. I was told to lay back and look around, find a cloud in this sky and float up to it. Once on the cloud I should lay back and let it take me back in time, back, back and further back. when the time seemed right I should slip off the cloud and float gently down to the ground. What did I see? A tree I replied. In a clearing with trees all around. Look down at my feet I was told, what was I wearing on them? Nothing I said, I am barefoot. What are you wearing, what do your cloths look like? Light brown baggy pants and a light brown shirt all too big for me. Look around, was I alone or was there anyone with You? I said I was alone, that I was lost. He told me to go to another time when I was at my house where I lived, go up to it and tell me what it looks like he said. I did and described a hut made of tree limbs and sticks covered with bark. Go inside, what does it look like? Brown, wood looking walls, furs on the ground to sit on. There is a fire in the center. Is anyone else there? Yes, a women. Who is she? My mom. What does she look like. She has long black hair in pony tails on the sides, she is wearing leather clothes. What is she doing? Cooking over the fire. Think about when you were eating, tell me about what you are eating. It's mushy and beige. Does it taste good? Yes. Tell me what do you do with yourself all day? Pick plants to eat with my Mom and everyone, we mash some with stones. What else? Play with my friends in the field and river near our houses.
Go to another time, this is a very important day, what are you doing? I am with two of my friends, we are much older. They are helping me to get ready. I am wearing a very nice dress with beads, my friends are putting paint on my face, blue-green the color of a robins egg and yellow lines on my face. What are you getting ready for? I think I am getting married. Where is your husband to be? He is waiting outside. Let's go to another very important day, later a really important day, what are you doing. I am getting in a canoe. Is anyone with you? Yes my husband. All our things are in the middle wrapped in furs. Where are you going. I don't know, we have to find food. Are you happy or sad? I am excited and sad. Why are you sad? My mom can't come with us. Why? She is too old. Is anyone going with you, or is it just you two? Many are going with us. Ok now lets move on, move forward in time and tell me what you are doing. I am in a tent laying in bed, I am so sick. I'm hot then cold, dizzy. Who is with you? Just me, I am alone. Are you much older? No young. Do you have any children? No. Where is everyone? I don't know, I'm too sick, I don't know where anyone is. Rise above and look down at yourself, you don't have to feel sick now, just look on from above and tell me what happens, do you get up? No. Never. Does someone come, do they bury you? No, no one ever came, I was all alone. What happened to the your husband, the others? I don't know, I was too sick.
The therapist asked why was I shown this life? I said "so she would know what it means to be alone".
I left feeling like, I could have just made this all up! I don't know where this came from. There doesn't seem to be any information that I couldn't have from a book or movie about American Indians. There is nothing I could really verify. I could look up what their shelters, and dress looked like, but this isn't really something I have not seen before. I have been to Native American museums before. I have alway felt an affinity for them, even decorated my home with Native American like decorations and colors etc.
I guess I was hoping to find something I could verify. To prove, even if only to myself that this was something real.