• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My 1st past life was in the middle of SINO-FRANCO WAR

vanderspoor

Member
Background

It was begin when I watched a movie about SINO-JAPANESE WAR . This movie drove me to seek the history about this war. I opened a site in the internet (www.sinojapanesewar.com) about this war. There were some good pictures from Japanese’s view. There was a picture that triggered an impression. This picture was about a column of captive Chinese soldiers waiting to be beheaded by Japanese. My impression when I watched this picture was “ the captive Chinese soldier were my fellows “. I felt it was not right they were threatened like that. But at that time I still not realized that the impression was from my past life.

Time passed by, Early January 2013, suddenly, many impressions about my past life came to me but many of them came from 1920’s to 1960’s era. I have written all the impressions in sequential notes (I want to share these with all of you later because I have written down in old Indonesian (Dutch Indies Dialect) and I need time to translate in English). After I have written, I still felt that I missed something. This feeling drove me to seek more. I started from my interest about the LATE QING Dynasty era ( its fashion, its military, and its culture).My hairstyle is from that era, I feel fit with my hairstyle although it is unusual hairstyle now.

The process that made me found my 1st past life memories

January 14th, 2013 when I hear a song – OST Assassination (a Mandarin Serial Drama about Taiping Rebellion), an impression came to me suddenlly. The first was “year 1885” and the second was a word “war”. I typed “1885” in Google Search Engine and the result that my feeling lead me was SINO-FRANCO WAR but I hadn’t read completely yet. After that, another impression came to me, they were the words “ Artillery, bombblast, fear, blood, French bombardier, running and hiding”.

January 15th, 2013 when I read the history of this war, I was lead to a name, that was “GUANGXI ARMY”. But it still not enough to make clear this case.

January 16th, 2013 I was lead by the impression to arrange the words becoming a story and I wrote instantly without thinking. The result was :
“ I served as a artilleryman of GUANGXI ARMY at the time of LATE QING Dynasty. In the year 1885, SINO-FRANCO WAR, a bombblast destroyed a cannon beside me. I jumped and laid down with my hand behind my head under my cannon spontanly. Fear was upon me. I saw blood splatting everywhere – a horrified condition.It was chaos situation and the weather was not good, that day was rainy. French continued to bombardier our position. We (my fellow’s soldiers) scaterred and exhausted. We wanted to run and hide, saving our soul but we couldn’t, our moral were so low. I saw our commander standing beside an IMPERIAL flag and shouted to all soldiers not to give up. I just thinked in my heart would I see my family again or my life end here? “

Its was amazing why I could write that story. Was it true?

So I continued to read the history and found what made me more amazing again. Some interested notes that I took from the history :
“ January 3rd, 1885 FRENCH troops moved toward a NUI BOP village to face a detachment of CHINESE IMPERIAL ARMY (GUANGXI ARMY) who had made an entrenched camp there before. The CHINESE made a wood fortification on elevated ground (Eastern Fort and Western Fort) and put their cannon upon them. A trench was built between the forts.The battle started from January 3rd until 4th, 1885. The first day of the battle, the FRENCH pushed and crushed the CHINESE defense and captured the Phong Cot valley. The second day, before dawn the CHINESE made a counterattack to recapture the Phong Cot valley. The attack was suportted by ARTILLERY in Western FORT but this attack was failed. The FRENCH continued to crush CHINESE defensive line, charged the trench defender with bayonet and captured the CHINESE fort. At 11:15 am the entire entrenched camp was in FRENCH hands. The result of the BATTLE of NUI BOP was the victory for the FRENCH with light casualties and heavy casualties for the CHINESE. The CHINESE withdrew from NUI BOP leaving 600 corpses . The FRENCH scoured the battlefield during the afternoon and kill all the wounded CHINESE soldiers they could find with pistol shots to the head. A number of unwounded Chinese soldiers were taken prisoner by the FRENCH at NUI BOP.”

After I read, an impression came to me again and lead me to write this :
“ I lifted my hand above my head as a sign that I surrender. Although I was fear but I still tried to lifted up my head before my capturer, a young FRENCH soldiers with a rifle in his hand and he was ready to shot me. I did that with the reason if he shot me I would die proudly. “

What I read (the history) especially about the war’s situation had a similarity with my story. I analyzed that I was in the situation when the fort (there were cannons according my story and the CHINESE put their cannons at their fort according the history) where I was there, was sacked by FRENCH troops and our defensive line were broken. We couldn’t make an attack again, the only way was running or hiding and so was I. I hide under my cannon but soon FRENCH soldiers would find and capture me with no difficulties. Other soldiers might be run and withdrew.

Although it was just a puzzle about my life, it could explain a part of my personality. And more interesting, When I started to believe about reincarnation, the impressions of my past life came to me more frequently. Sometimes the impressions came when I wanted to remember or came to me suddenly when it was triggered by situation or something. When I had remembered, It made me get an more easy feeling. I knew more memories will be revealed time by time. So amazingly!
 
Dear Vanderspoor, Your story moved me very much. I made my husband listen while I read it aloud. It seems to me that in your past life, you behaved as an honorable soldier, and an honorable man. I hope as your memories come back, you will continue to post. It is so obvious that your memories come from your heart, which is a "true" place. To the best of my knowledge, no other member is posting about the Sino-Franco War, or the battle you describe. I think it is very valuable for people from Western culture, to hear things from another perspective.
 
This is a very moving story. Your memories were first triggered by a song you heard. You may also have the ability of "automatic writing". It's like the flood gates have been opened. You have already done much research on the internet. The story of that war is not well known is western countries. I looked it up after I saw your post the other day. This war is when France was handed Viet Nam and Indo-China. I look forward to hearing more about your memories. Thank you for sharing.
 
Thank you BriarRose and Argonne1918 because you have read my posting. I have one that I must share to you.This impression came to me suddenly.


January 18th, 2013 I was led to write this by an impression :


“I saw from our fort, FRENCH troops had moved toward us more fastly than before. I and other artillery crews prepared our cannon and continued to shot FRENCH position but their artillery were more accurate than ours. I saw our defensive line was broken, FRENCH troops charged us very curiosly. I saw our infantrymen scaterred and run. This situation started to affect our moral. I heard our commander shouted, “ We are QING soldiers, there is no army that can beat us. We are unbeatable for centuries ” . But I thinked our time to fall in the FRENCH hand would come shortly. We were too underestimated our enemy. Yes, we were unbeatable for centuries but what we faced was very different. Seeing our infantrymen withdrew, I saw my fellow’s crews started to panic and so did I. I wanted to run but before I could, a FRENCH artillery shot a cannon beside me and destroyed it. I jumped and laid down with my hand before my head and hide under my cannon. I saw blood splatting everywhere. I was so afraid. I want to stand and run but I couldn’t . I was frozen under my cannon. The situation was not good for us. I just thinked in my heart would I see my family again or my life end here? I saw FRENCH soldiers breached our fort but they didn’t see me and didn’t realize that I still alived until a FRENCH soldier kicked me with his boot. I woke up and I lifted my hand above my head as a sign that I surrender. Although I was fear but I still tried to lifted up my head before my capturer, a young FRENCH soldiers with a rifle in his hand and he was ready to shot me. I did that with the reason if he shot me I would die proudly. With his rifle before me, he brought me as his prisoner to the village in purpose to bring me together with other prisoner.“


“ I saw a prisoner with a little cross in his hand, I knew that he was so afraid I could know from his face and I asked him, “what are you doing ?”. He didn’t answer me. From his uniform I knew he was an infantryman. But after a minute, he suddenly said to me, “our weapons are out of date, they can shoot more faster than us” and after then he didn’t talk anymore.”


“An FRENCH officer, I think, because his uniform was different, walked before us while we were standing on our knee but he didn’t say anything just watched us. “
 
Vanderspoor, this is being revealed to you bit by bit. What did the little cross the man had in his hand signify? If some Chinese people had become Christian by this point, that would serve as validation for your memory. I hope you find out what the French did to you after the village. That you were kneeling in front of the French sounds very accurate.
 
I assume this is your 1st past life because it is the first one you have unearthed, correct? Not because you assume it is your first incarnation on earth...unless something indicated to you that it was.


Your view into this other lifetime is truly amazing and detailed. I look forward to reading your researched verifications of such a dramatic time; like the uniforms, the weapons, the cross/christian chinese as mentioned above, the history of the battle and where in it you were. Again, this is an amazing scenario. Did you see yourself, or were you watching it through the eyes of the individual you were? Did you shsift between the two at any time? Once again...amazing, and thank you for sharing.
 
My story that I have written come from my whole heart. It flew like water. The impression came and drove me to write down what I felt. After I wrote, I used to be asking my heart "Is it true what I have written?". I have found an interested picture when FRENCH troops breached an CHINESE fort.This picture is from circa 1887. When I watched this picture I found there was a CHINESE soldier laying down under a cannon.

1251px-Battle_of_Nui_Bop.jpg

/monthly_2013_01/1251px-Battle_of_Nui_Bop.jpg.086a5bd9551036888115050069a57ee8.jpg
 
Hi Vanderspoor, I see from doing some research, that the Battle of Nui Bop was fought on January 4, 1885. You joined the forum in late December. Is it possible that your memories came to you on, or around that time? If so, it seems beyond coincidence, that your memory returned around the same date. To me, it seems that the memory almost "haunts" you. By the way, the picture is amazing. It looks like an engraving. Do you know if it was done by a French, or Chinese artist? It looks possibly French to me, but I am far from an art "expert".
 
Yes, BriarRose, the picture was draw by an FRENCH artists. It was just a sketch. It might be draw during the war, I thinked. When I found this picture I was so amazing, why this picture had similarity with my story because I found this picture later.


I have searched about christianity in China. It has entered China since TANG Dynasty (circa 781 AD) and more intensive missionary in the middle of 19th century.
 
I think you are getting some excellent confirmations of your past life. Do you think that the artist who drew the picture of the battle of Nui Bop was there? I think he saw you. The fact that missionaries were making converts in China in the 19th century is also interesting confirmation. I ask you questions to help you form a complete picture of your life. At some point, you may figure out why the memories are coming now. Your soul must have a reason to remember. What can you learn from that lifetime, that will help you in this one? In the mean time, watching you build your memories is like watching an artist paint a picture. Thank you for sharing with us.
 
Back
Top