• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Meeting new people

I've met many people over the years, and some I have been really drawn too and others not. I never quite understood this, so I was wondering if anyone else feels this way? I met someone, sort of, a few weeks ago and I just instantly felt something. Its not everyday or week or month that i feel this from people. I've seen a few spiritual healers over the past years, and all have told me I'm very empathic, so I thought it was the people's energy I liked that I was drawn too. As there have been people I've met too that send me running for the hills lol. So, I'm really curious to hear your stories on meeting people you just felt something instant, and if this is someone from a soul family?
 
Yes. This happens a lot. There are a few threads about this kind of thing.


The most simple explanation is that you feel drawn to, and familiar with, someone you used to know and like and you have an instant dislike to someone who may have been 'bad' in a past life. Sometimes people are attracted or repelled for normal, every day reasons. But other times, there is a 'funny feeling' that goes with it, isn't there?
 
Yes! Totally a funny feeling and instant attraction that is unexplainable. I feel I have to see this other person again that I recently met. I do remember an old coworker feeling very brotherly like, only I was really disgusted by him at the same time. I pushed the feelings aside, and just was friendly. He developed a huge crush towards me and I felt even more disgusted I had to stop talking to him. He then later told me I felt like a sister to him. So I wonder if we were siblings in a past life, but don't understand the disgust I get from him.
 
Indeed. People talk about 'subconscious' reactions that we have to others, trying to explain this. Is it smell? Is it that they look a bit like us? Is it that they are the right/wrong star sign.....? Something is obviously going on here. We feel it, but may not understand what it is. Personally, I think a lot of this 'subconscious' or 'instinctive' reaction to people we meet and have these strong reactions to, is past life related. Most of the time, we might meet someone and feel nothing in particular. But sometimes...


Perhaps you were attracted and 'disgusted' by this guy you met, because you had a past life relationship, and indeed were brother and sister, but it was 'complicated'. He probably felt it too, but did not understand why either, only that he felt attracted or that you felt familiar to him for some reason also. This is more common than you might think.


In 'western' culture we don't talk about reincarnation or at least we don't take it seriously. We try to find other explanations for these things. But if we understood it better, I think it would explain a lot of these kinds of things.


Some previous threads of interest:


Meeting people you once knew: http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/meeting-people-you-once-knew.6309/


Strong emotional connection with a relative stranger: http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/strong-emotional-connection-w-a-relative-stranger.438/
 
Back
Top