Black Horse
Member
Hello everyone. I must start by saying that this is the first time that I've had the nerve to come forward and start questioning things that I've been taught not to as a child of Roman Catholic parents. I have an overwhelming need to know and I'm hoping you all can help. I have a friend who I went to high school with 16 years ago. Unfortunately, he was killed in the line of duty as a police officer about 6.5 years ago. I was pregnant with my first son at the time and completely devastated by his death.
He was killed Sept. 29, 1998. My son was born on Jan. 11, 1999. I named my son after my friend, with my husband's consent out of respect and admiration. The loss of my friend is still very fresh for me but, something has happened with my oldest son that has me asking some questions. I viewed the video tapes from the trial of my friend's killer who described the scene of his death in great detail to detectives. My son was not home at the time. He was over 42 miles away from me.
Only my husband and I knew what my friend's murder had to say about what happened that night. About a month later, I was tucking my boys into bed for the night and my oldest one asked if he could talk to me for a minute. I sat down and he began to tell me that he wanted to be a police officer when he grew up because the "bad guy killed him." I asked him what he meant by this. He said that he got out of his car and he got the bad guy out too. The bad guy ran away and he chased him.
He went on to describe everything that I heard the murderer describe to the detectives at the trial verbatum! I began to cry and my husband just stood there with a blank look on his face. See, this was his best friend that had been killed. My son went on to say that he "didn't know he had a gun and he just shot me in the head." My son did not seem the slightest upset about all of this while telling it. I learned a little later on that my son and my friend share the same birthday. Am I completely losing my mind in my 6.5 yrs. of grief??
Was this just a visit from my friend or is this my friend? My son has claimed to see my grandfather in the past and became quite upset with me when I told him that I didn't see what he saw. He has also done the same thing to my mother who keeps him from time to time.
He was killed Sept. 29, 1998. My son was born on Jan. 11, 1999. I named my son after my friend, with my husband's consent out of respect and admiration. The loss of my friend is still very fresh for me but, something has happened with my oldest son that has me asking some questions. I viewed the video tapes from the trial of my friend's killer who described the scene of his death in great detail to detectives. My son was not home at the time. He was over 42 miles away from me.
Only my husband and I knew what my friend's murder had to say about what happened that night. About a month later, I was tucking my boys into bed for the night and my oldest one asked if he could talk to me for a minute. I sat down and he began to tell me that he wanted to be a police officer when he grew up because the "bad guy killed him." I asked him what he meant by this. He said that he got out of his car and he got the bad guy out too. The bad guy ran away and he chased him.
He went on to describe everything that I heard the murderer describe to the detectives at the trial verbatum! I began to cry and my husband just stood there with a blank look on his face. See, this was his best friend that had been killed. My son went on to say that he "didn't know he had a gun and he just shot me in the head." My son did not seem the slightest upset about all of this while telling it. I learned a little later on that my son and my friend share the same birthday. Am I completely losing my mind in my 6.5 yrs. of grief??
Was this just a visit from my friend or is this my friend? My son has claimed to see my grandfather in the past and became quite upset with me when I told him that I didn't see what he saw. He has also done the same thing to my mother who keeps him from time to time.