Springchicken
New Member
Hello All!
You have all helped so much with my 5 year old. (post below 'in spring my daughter talks about before') I've decided to start a new thread for my 21 month old. I'm afraid I'm looking to hard into the things she has said because I want to hear clues of past lives.
When naming her I wanted to name her after my husband's deceased grandmother who passed when he was 12. He resisted because he didn't want there to be another, his grandma was a special person to him and didn't want to use her name for the baby. We settled on it being her middle name. But I know I read either here or in Carol's book that often babies select their own names.
When she was 10 months old at a family reunion she had her hands folded and a great uncle pointed out it was just like my husband's grandmother.
When she was 16 months old (she wasn't talking a lot) we were sitting on the couch and I randomly asked her if she remembered before she was born. She wrapped her little baby hand around my shoulders and patted my shoulder.
Recently she has been calling wash rags "mopeen" which is Italian-American slang. My husband uses this word so it's not that out of the ordinary. But, she never calls it anything else. When we have sat down to eat she has said "mangia" but again my husband/in-laws occasionally say that so it's not that out of the ordinary.
What really stands out is two days ago we were sitting down to eat my husband's traditional Italian Wedding Soup and he had a hat on. He rarely wears hats. The baby said enthusiastically and in a commanding way said "Hat! Eat!" which was clear that she wanted him to take off his hat to eat. Right in that second I said, "Have you been here before?" and she enthusiastically shook her head yes. My husband said "have you eaten wedding soup before?" and again she nodded. I asked "have you MADE wedding soup before?" and she shyly tilted her head to the side with a huge smile.
My mother-in-law told me that no hats at the dinner table was her mother's biggest rule.
Am I looking to hard into this because I want it to be true?
You have all helped so much with my 5 year old. (post below 'in spring my daughter talks about before') I've decided to start a new thread for my 21 month old. I'm afraid I'm looking to hard into the things she has said because I want to hear clues of past lives.
When naming her I wanted to name her after my husband's deceased grandmother who passed when he was 12. He resisted because he didn't want there to be another, his grandma was a special person to him and didn't want to use her name for the baby. We settled on it being her middle name. But I know I read either here or in Carol's book that often babies select their own names.
When she was 10 months old at a family reunion she had her hands folded and a great uncle pointed out it was just like my husband's grandmother.
When she was 16 months old (she wasn't talking a lot) we were sitting on the couch and I randomly asked her if she remembered before she was born. She wrapped her little baby hand around my shoulders and patted my shoulder.
Recently she has been calling wash rags "mopeen" which is Italian-American slang. My husband uses this word so it's not that out of the ordinary. But, she never calls it anything else. When we have sat down to eat she has said "mangia" but again my husband/in-laws occasionally say that so it's not that out of the ordinary.
What really stands out is two days ago we were sitting down to eat my husband's traditional Italian Wedding Soup and he had a hat on. He rarely wears hats. The baby said enthusiastically and in a commanding way said "Hat! Eat!" which was clear that she wanted him to take off his hat to eat. Right in that second I said, "Have you been here before?" and she enthusiastically shook her head yes. My husband said "have you eaten wedding soup before?" and again she nodded. I asked "have you MADE wedding soup before?" and she shyly tilted her head to the side with a huge smile.
My mother-in-law told me that no hats at the dinner table was her mother's biggest rule.
Am I looking to hard into this because I want it to be true?