• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Little Yogi

Status
Not open for further replies.

shield

Registered User
Before our daughter was born and before she had any idea that she was pregnant, my wife had a strong dream that she went to India to pick up a dying old man´s soul to help him pass on to a new existence.
She spoke to his family who gave her their permission. When she woke up she knew she was pregnant.

Now Amanda is 2 1/2 yrs old. About 5 months ago, when she had been playing with a word: "mimiyagi" ( she could already speak long, proper sentences by then, so this was a rare "make-believe" word), I couldn´t help asking about it, half jokingly," -Who´s m.? Are you m.?" She just looked up at me, sitting on the potty, very seriously, almost reluctantly, shaking her head no, saying only: "Pooba." Me, taken aback: "Are you Pooba?" She nods sternly. I´m sweating.

Later I check on the internet and Pooba is a male Indian first name( though I´ve certainly never heard of it). Also, the word is unlike any she knows or we use (we are swedish and speak that language).

I asked her once more that night,15 min. later " Who is Pooba?" She answers "Me" and says nothing else. Since then she hasn´t mentioned it (me neither).

Now, since she was ca. 1 1/2 she´s loved rubbing stuff ( like cream cheese...) on her forehead , right between the eyes. And she does yoga postures very well, having never seen them done. The "cobra", among others. One day now, she was sitting in a perfect half lotus position behind an open cupboard door in the kitchen, totally still for a good 5 minutes...

Like I said she talks a lot for her age so maybe there will be more like this.
Anyone else here got a little yogi or any similar experience?

This post and discussion is continued in the thread - http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/little-yogi.326/
 
I find all this very fascinating myself and I´m intensly curious about it. I´m a little afraid, though, too push or prompt our daughter to much to tell more. Maybe to the point of not asking enough...? Kind of a tricky balance. I guess you have to kind of feel your way through it...

A few other small Indian "clues":
When Amanda was born she had a very
clear vortex of laguno hair on her forehead right between her eyes, marking the spot of what they call the third eye. It was visible for about a year or more. She also had and still has, a kind of slight birthmark called (in swedish) "storkbite" between the eyes. These are quite common things for little children to have, but taken in the context of her behaviour
I guess they should be noted.

By the way, she did a curious thing today. Nothing to do with yoga and it might be nothing at all. But it had a funny feel to it.
She was play pretending to be hurt on the foot and I came over to blow on the hurt
( I don´t know, really, if this is something you do everywhere, but always in our
country). But suddenly she said that I shouldn´t blow on it ´cause the hurt would
get in my mouth. Then she went for a flat little pillow laying nearby and told me to
spit in it . I go "What?"( bright as ever),
she insists that i spit in the pillow, holding it with one hand, pushing down my head to it with the other. I pretend to spit, she´s content with that, takes away the pillow, saying "There it´s out now, the hurt."

I don´t know. To me the situation sort of rings of the way traditional shamans and healers work. I seem to have seen descriptions of how they take the hurt or
evil from the patient in the mouth and spit it out. I know they sometimes blow smoke over their patients.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread - http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/little-yogi.326/
 
I have dabbled a little in Hatha yoga,too, and related meditation methods. None that our daughter had seen when she did the things I wrote about. The other day I tried showing her a lotus position. She just said" Don´t sit like that!" and wasn´t interested. No use forcing it, huh...

But I love it and am about to take it up in a serious way again. They have a good school of tantrayoga here in Scandinavia.

Monkhood is a heavy thing, but can be a wonderful opportunity, i think, if it´s right for you.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread - http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/little-yogi.326/
 
Just to make sure I´m making myself clear (the finer nuances of English escape my grasp sometimes): I wasn´t trying to make my daughter sit like that, lotus, just showing her my own amateur version(it hurts!) of it to see how she reacted to that. By "forcing it" I meant, forcing or dragging out memories, which is tempting out of egotistical curiosity, but may not be the right thing for the kid.

Very interesting dream! And I´m sure some drugs can open up your mind
spiritually. The thing is, I believe, that it´s usually on a short term basis. In the longer run you have the drawbacks of various kinds of dope-headedness coming in. I know many Hindu yogis use marijuana but I doubt if it´s any of the (spiritually) more successful ones. It can be a dead-end short cut.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread - http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/little-yogi.326/
 
She´s a bit of a handful at the moment, though I love her to bits, strong-willed as only a 2-yr old can be. Also, of course, kids reflect your own state of mind instantaneously.

She has been speaking of some interesting things, for example being a big boy riding a motor-bike, falling and hurting herself. She´s always had an exaggerated fear of motorcycles.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread - http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/little-yogi.326/

Also, see http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/lifetimes-in-india.1378/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top