• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Kade's reaction to death of Grandpa

Kitn

Member
My father passed away Saturday. He was in the hospital for a week. Kade's mommy told him Grandpa had passed away. Kade was not upset but asked "when is he coming back?" His mother said she did not know and that Grandpa was in Heaven now. Kade said if Grandpa wanted to come back he could and his mommy told him Grandpa was with Big Mama and Casey and probably would like to stay there with them. Kade said "well if God tells him he has to go back-then he will have to come back." At the funeral Kade was not upset at all. He saw Grandpa and asked about the casket and we explained that Grandpa will be buried in it-Grandpa's body not Grandpa's soul. The next day we all went back to the cemetery. On the way Kade asked why we were going there. We said just to see how Grandpa's grave looked. Kade then asked if we were going to unbury Grandpa so he could come back now. We told him no and Kade said "well he will be back soon anyway." Most of my children and grandchildren have been frightened at wakes and funerals. Kade was so calm and accepted it like it was just a process one has to go through to "come back." Adults usually comfort children but in his case he was doing the comforting by assuring us death is not final.
 
Kitn,

I'm so sorry for your loss. (((((((Kitn)))))))

His calm acceptance and understanding amaze me! What a unique and special little boy Kade is. A huge Blessing for your whole family. :)

Ailish
 
I'm sorry for your loss, Kitn. :(

At the same time I have to say Kade has a beautiful way of "accepting" death and it would be great if we all were able to think about what it means to those dying. It's probably something like coming home and getting a fresh start - nothing awful in it. But of course it makes us sad when we have to continue without the ones we love and care for. :(

All the best for you and your family, Kitn!

Karoliina
 
Apple Bobbing

We took Kade trick or treating during the day since his mommy works second shift. He had a good time and later his big brother came over with his baby on their way to a Halloween Fest at a church. Kade asked him if they were going "apple bobbing." I thought this was strange because we have never discussed bobbing for apples. Also, I do not think that is done nowadays as if was when I was a child. He has not been to any Halloween parties. We did go to a Fall Fest last year, but there was no apple bobbing there. I asked him where he heard about apple bobbing and he said his other mother took him.

In preparation for kindergarten next year I drill him occassionally about needed information such as his name, street, town and telephone number. The other day I asked him his name and he said Kade Thomas Scherlin. I said no your last name is xxxx. He told me "well I guess I have 2 last names." I hope he does not go to school and say Scherlin.

He is also getting into the habit of referring to his mommy as mommy Dina. I correct him but wonder why he is doing this. He asked me last night if I could call his other mother. He has not asked this for quite a while. The book I had by the bed with the pressed leaf in it was moved. Kade found it and was searching through the book for the leaf. He could not find the leaf in it and seemed a little upset.

He has always said Todd was mean. Out of the blue last week he told me he used to play games with Todd. I was surprised at this statement and asked what kind of games did they play. He never answered me. We have been so busy lately I just don't get online much. We try to spend as much time outside as possible before the cold weather sets in. I am going to let him help me transplant canna bulbs next week. He likes helping me garden.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ~tj
Hi Kitn,

Glad to hear an update. Bobbing for apples isn't done in our area anymore because strep throat can be transmitted that way. Instead they tie donuts on a string and try to eat them without their hands.

I was worried about what my son would say in kindergarten. I finally decided to talk to his teacher and just tell her the things he said. I didn't tell her I believed him. I felt I had to say something because my son was telling other kids that they had 'wasted their last life and were going to die early in this one.' I was fortunate and found out that she was on the same path in beginning to believe in reincarnation. This led me to a wonderful support system that now involves the school counselor, who also believes in reincarnation. They both helped a lot when my son was astral projecting at night and trying to reproduce that by jumping off his bunk bed with a rope tied to his belly by day. We also found out he was gifted from the counselor and this has shaped how we approach his education.

If it helps you any, my son is 6 and a half and does not even want to talk about this stuff any more. I know there is still something there because he still pops up with words in another language every now and then. I haven't posted about that because I can't understand the words well enough to even try to type them out. I believe they are japanese though because of the sound and because that is the language he told me he was speaking about a year ago.

It is true that kids get more grounded in this life at about 5-7. I think its school and the routine that school provides that does it. Also, big leaps in maturity seem to happen in kindergarten.

I love hearing about Kade. If he goes to school and tells his teacher his name in Kade Thomas Sherlin, you might consider telling her why. I left out the details when I told my son's teacher but she told me that she was glad to know what I did tell her. She wasn't caught off guard when she heard my son telling another little boy in the classroom about being in Africa together.

Vicky
 
Thanks Vicky. I just don't want other children thinking he is strange. He is such a cheerful little guy except for some of the times when he talks of his other life. He does not bring things up very often anymore. He is more interested in his new game cube. I would just cringe if the teacher tells us he wants to play "bury me" at school or talks about Todd shooting him.

He is going to start school at a small country elementary school, the same one Casey went to. If the teachers tell him they remember Casey he may say something about she probably came back somewhere else.... He is so dramatic at times. I told him I am looking forward to him going to school so I could have some alone time. His answer was "well I'lllll be backkkk."
 
Hi Kitn~

Good to see you. I remember bobbing for apples one Halloween when I was little. *sighs* Oh the fun from the "good ol' days." That must've been around 1971, thought I know it goes *way* back!

He sure is sticking with the Scherlin last name! That's a definitive sign.

If Todd had been dating his mother, I think it is quite likely that he and Todd "played games" together. It could be that Todd didn't drink every day, or didn't achieve "drunkenness" until the afternoon or even into the evening.

This is some puzzle, huh?

Good luck Kitn.

~Kathy
 
Me too AKP....I lurked on this site all through that period of time. Many members here tried awfully hard to figure out where Kade was from in that life. Records were checked out about past murders all over everywhere and just what year all of this took place. He said his mom drank coke and someone found out when it came on the market...pretty neat stuff.


I worried more about Kitn and her health. As I remember it she was not feeling that well when we last heard from her. I thought maybe that was why she just stopped posting.....completely


Does any member know any news about Kitn??
 
Thanks Terra !! I really appreciate that you bothered to take the time to post that. It puts my mind at ease about Kitn.......If you were a child I would put a star on your forehead....remember those days??
 
Kitn and Kade


I had written to Kitn a while ago. I am posting her response here to share with those who are concerned.


AKP.


===


Update on Kade


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello,


I have been meaning to update on Kade but things have been busy. Kade started kindergarten, he is six now and in the first grade, and slowly he forgot all about things he stated when he was younger. His cousin called him a liar and that was when he began to guard what he said. He never speaks of a past life at all anymore. His father, who has been ill for 5 years, passed away last August. Kade has taken this very hard. He once asked me if God had a cell phone. I told him no, but he could pray to God and He would hear him. Kade said "well it would be a lot easier if God had a cell phone!"


He was at the hospital when his daddy died. Kade was allowed into the room before his dad passed. Bill told him "never forget I love you booger." After Bill passed he was allowed into the room again; after the lifesaving techniques were used. Kade layed his head over Bill's chest and stayed there stroking his hair and face until his dad was cold. Bill started turning darker and we left so the medical examiner could remove him from the hospital.


He went through the funeral very well; as if he understood what is happening. Later Kade expressed that even though his dad is gone he knows he is living somewhere else just as we live here on earth. It's just that we can't see him and he can't see us.


Kade was very close to his daddy. I do notice his behavior has changed. I think he is mad because his dad died. He knew he was sick, but he said he did not know just how sick he was. Bill had tried to prepare Kade as best as he could. The only thing Bill had wished for was that he would live long enough for Kade to remember him.


Kade does go to counseling once a week to vent his frustrations. He was such a sweet boy and now at times he will throw things and hollers at me or his mama. He will at times not pay attention in school or he will phase out into thoughts only he knows.


In time, I am sure he will return to the sweet boy he was before. He has gone through a lot for such a little child. He has watched his father slowly die. I am sure this a such a burder to carry for a little boy.


When I was active on this lovely forum, Kade was a chatterbox full of memories which could have been a past life. Now he no longer speaks of anything and from what I have read that is a normal part of growing. For a short time we were given a glimpse into another time and life for which he said was his. For now he is focused on the life he is living now; and that is good.


Thank you for asking about Kade. You may share this with other members if you want.


Blessings,


Kitn (Kade's grammy)
 
  • Like
Reactions: ~tj
hug2.gifhug2.gif I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Reading about how Kade went through that made me cry. I can't imagine my sons losing their dads. Counseling is a great idea for Kade and I'm glad he's getting that. The support from you, your family, the school and the counselor will be such a help for him. hug3.gif
 
Thanks AKP for posting Kitn's letter.


I to am sorry to hear that his father has passed away. He was sick for a very long time. I'm sure that Kade will remember his Dad. I remember my Grandfather who died when I was 7. Kad's Dad was much closer and provided many more memories


I AM happy to hear that Kade is fogetting a lot of his past life. Much of it was violent and sad.


I remember his photo being posted and what a cutie he is. I'm sure he will get back to his own sweet self in time. I would be mad too if my Dad died .


So sad for Kitn's daughter to have lost her husband, even though you know it's coming....it's still difficult to deal with. I'm glad she has Kade and her parents..
 
Feels like the end of a really good book.


:( I just had to respond. I was just a fly on the wall the other night and read the entire thread about Kade. It stuck with me for days and I came back online to see if there was anything new. I feel like I took the journey with Kitn, and am feeling such sorrow for Kade, and everyone's loss.


Kitn, if you ever come back to the forum, just want you to know you sound like an amazing grandmother, and you have weathered so much. Thank you so much for your diligent investigations and for sharing this story. I do hope Kade and his family's lives return to some joy.


And perhaps your new-(ish) granddaughter might have a few things on her minds someday soon as well. ;)
 
Kitn and Kade


Does anyone know how Kitn and Kade are?


AKP
Hey it took me many years to find this site I literally been home sick ever since I was a kid I don't remember very much of anything in specific but what I can say is that all of my theories line up to kalevala, things have been rough I've been through even more than you could imagine
 
  • Like
Reactions: ~tj
Hey it took me many years to find this site I literally been home sick ever since I was a kid I don't remember very much of anything in specific but what I can say is that all of my theories line up to kalevala, things have been rough I've been through even more than you could imagine
by the way this is kade, I am that little boy, my grandma is pretty sick, I hope she will be ok,
 
Welcome Kade,

What a pleasant surprise this forum has archived for you.

Kind regards
~CP
Yea but I don't remember any of that anymore. I only have dreams of fire everywhere. And fire falling into the lake. I feel like this place isint home and idk what's wrong I cry when I talk about certain things or watch certain things
 
  • Like
Reactions: ~tj
Welcome to the forum, Kade.

Hope your grandma will get better soon.

And that talking to people here who have similar feelings (like not being home, things making them sad, feeling strange or sick when certain topics are mentioned) can make you feel better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ~tj
My father passed away Saturday.
...Kade was so calm and accepted it like it was just a process one has to go through to "come back." Adults usually comfort children but in his case he was doing the comforting by assuring us death is not final.
This is what stands out to me. Your Grandmother created this thread, and here you are- between the love you two share, the faith you've instilled in her- and the fact that it's all been preserved for you. This is actually a gift for all of us.

You don't have to remember, but maybe you'll be given the opportunity to. There may be a connection between you and your Grandma that will allow for further understanding. For now, I hope you find comfort in the fact that what you have here is something very special. Hold on to this and you'll find your way.

Kind regards,
~CP
 
This is what stands out to me. Your Grandmother created this thread, and here you are- between the love you two share, the faith you've instilled in her- and the fact that it's all been preserved for you. This is actually a gift for all of us.

You don't have to remember, but maybe you'll be given the opportunity to. There may be a connection between you and your Grandma that will allow for further understanding. For now, I hope you find comfort in the fact that what you have here is something very special. Hold on to this and you'll find your way.

Kind regards,
~CP
I haven't found peace with myself yet. I'm still angry. Eager to find the truth. I won't rest and haven't untill I find out the truth. I want to know who I was. I want to remember. Earth is not my home. I have no idea where home is. I think I may have found something. There's a story in 1921 called (A mother's boy) maybe? Maybe I am a medium though. One thing is for sure. I know when people are going to die. My dreams tell m everytime. And also predictions are my specialty everytime I say somethings about to happen. Within minutes it happens. So I honestly don't know anymore. I don't remember
 
I think I am a medium. I think I saw my future and didint know how to say it. Remember how I said the name Richard and emmy. Well I ended up with a girl names emily, and my grammas husbands name is Richard they are married now
 
I think I am a medium. I think I saw my future and didint know how to say it. Remember how I said the name Richard and emmy. Well I ended up with a girl names emily, and my grammas husbands name is Richard they are married now

If I were a medium and could see the future - I wouldn't waste my time on this forum and would go immediately to Las Vegas or Monte Carlo to play Roulette.

I'd make a fortune !
 
Back
Top