• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How Does One Distinguish Past Life Memories From Toddlerhood Memories?

TheCuriousOne

Always Searching...
I haven't been here in a while, so sorry if this is already a topic.

I've been wondering how to distinguish memories from a past life from repressed toddlerhood memories. For instance, say you hear a song, and you suddenly realize "I know this!" At first, you may think it's from one of your previous lives, especially if you find that the song was written long before you were born. Then, you either go onto your old videotapes (or if you had a no-sound camcorder, your parents or relatives) and realize that you heard the song when you were 3 or younger.

Or you suddenly remember a major event, and think to yourself "This couldn't have happened in my life". But then your parents or relatives tells you "Oh, that happened when you were a baby"

I understand the events part might be easy to distinguish by thinking about the surroundings and determining what year it took place in, but the song part might be more difficult. Any explanations would be helpful.
 
I think some of what we consider to be "triggers" could be memories from infancy. That could apply to a song, a scrap of poetry, or a food, for instance. But, specific memories of adulthood, or earlier eras probably are not. Have you had the experience of mistaking a childhood occurrence for a past life?
 
That's a very good question. I suppose one thing that may help with some memories is to see how complete the understanding of the remembered event is. As children we may not be aware of why adults are doing the things they're doing. If the memory is from an adult (or at least an older child) PL, we may have a better comprehension about the event.
 
Very true, shiftkitty. I had a memory I'd begun to think was PL because I couldn't really make sense of it, as it seemed more like a memory of a different time; but apparently everything I remember really happened, except I exaggerated the events that's what little kids do. :P


I also have memories I've asked about, but people swear can't be right. Like an old man watching me and smiling fondly - no one can tell me who he might have been, nor do they recognize the house as I describe it. There's plausible explanations (I even saw a home video where we were all in a house that could have been the one in my memory), but I have wondered before. I also have a memory of waking up with feathers all over me and running to my parents, but while I've never asked them if that really happened, I'm pretty sure I'd know if it did. But I also have a feeling it might have tied in with my chicken pox... so maybe chicken pox became chicken feathers in my head.


How to distinguish them? I'm not really sure, other than doing what I've done, which is to consider more logical (or other mystical but non-PL related) explanations. We really don't always understand what's going on as kids, so we make them make sense to us. OTOH, adults are prone to making things logical because it's more comfortable. ;)
 
My memories, although often persistent from very early childhood are totally anachronistic, which for me proves their validity. Events and subjects I was to young to have learned or experienced dating back to a time or times far predating my birth.


Memories of our own childhood have complete and traceable continuity with our present life experiences, whereas past life memories often simply don't fit into our present time reference at all. They are anachronistic. When you have a memory which is both clear and out of sync with time in that way, it is a sure sign of it being a past life memory.
 
Back
Top