• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Homesick

Thanks Nightrain1.I think my story may have been an example of Reincarnation rather than inherited memory.I will shortly go back to the place I had this experience so I can clarify some things.
 
Hello Denis and welcome to the forum.


Genetic memory does seem like a logical explaination in many past life memory cases. However, there are numerous instances in which it does not seem to fit. For example, if someone lives in England in this life and has past life memories and nostalgic feelings for China. If there is no Chinese heritage in his bloodline, then genetic memory seems like an unlikely conclusion.


Having familiar feelings with where your mother is from, even though you've never been there yourself, it is a worthwhile question to ask.


I hope you enjoy the forum and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
 
This is an interesting topic. I wanted to share another possibility...I was told upon discussing a certain lifetime with both reader and guidance, that amazingly clear views of a particular place and the people in it were based on my time as guidance for an individual who was living incarnate there...I could see, hear, feel everything he was seeing, hearing and feeling and I had memories of them as if they were mine...in fact I was surprised they weren't my memories other than as a guide. And they are as clear or clearer than anything I know was an existence of mine. In fact, I had accepted it as my own, until too many other situations converged to make it chronologically "impossible".


If any one has heard or found anything like this I would really appreciate hearing about your experience.
 
As i mentioned earlier, although I feel drawn to other places, I don't feel homesick for them, exception might be a little like Sunniva, I did feel tremendous longing for italy, then I lived there for a year and got it out of my system and now would call no place other than exactly where I am home. Where I live makes me smile inside.


However, I do know there is a person who I miss terribly. I never really thought about who they were, until my parents made an interestin observation last visit. Backing up a little I am an artist, I don't do much people portraiture however I do love to draw faces. Sometimes I make them up and when I do they always turn out looking similar, at least the men. I've never shown these drawings to my parents, they aren't overly interested in my work excepting the occasional landscape. Back to my story, a month before their visit I had done a figurative printmaking class. Our last pose I messed up and decided to do a quick gestural drawing of his face. It was very strong and I got several prints off it. One of the prints I added to with pastel. I hung the pastel and the plain print in my house, I really liked them. When my parents visited they seemed disturbed by them and asked several times who he was. Even though I said he was some random model.


Now the thing that just hit me, is that the drawing looks nothing like the model, but very like my made up face. Hope this post isn't too off topic, but I wonder if the face is that of the person I am missing. Even if it was, I am sure he would look different in this incarnation. Would love to find him.
 
Count me in as another who misses Scotland.... and OH!!! The Men in Kilts!! :tongue: And hatred for the English.... :grr:


I have felt homesick all my life. Another place I miss is the Old South, Kentucky... I think. An that sweet young man w/ the mean father... I've not been able to overcome it in this life, wish I could ,but I have never felt "at home".
 
kstornado11 said:
Count me in as another who misses Scotland.... and OH!!! The Men in Kilts!! :tongue: And hatred for the English.... :grr:
Maybe that's something you need to work on, or you may find yourself in England in your next life ;)
 
Wow, reading your post, it's almost exactly what's happened to me. My country obsession is Italy instead. Everything you said I can absolutely relate to, the goosebumps, the tearing up, it all happens. I even feel sometimes patriotic towards Italy for some reason, even though none of my family is from there, and I've never been there (in this life). In the sense that it annoys me when someone says something bad about it, or if something bad happens there. The feelings have grown since about 3 years ago, when I was 14, they intensify every day now, and I feel I just need to get there.
 
Back
Top