• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Fading reincarnation memories

Renee

Member
This is my first post here. For many years I was never able to get anyone to take me seriously, so I was very glad to find this forum.

As a child, I tried to talk to my mother many times about things we had done "when I was her mother". At that time I had very clear memories of a time when I was my mother's mother. She always dismissed it as my goofy imagination. The only one I remember clearly to this day is what I called then "the chopper". I was terrified of the headboard of some beds as a child and would sleep sometimes with my head at the foot. I kept telling people (from abut age 2 1/2) that the chopper would chop me! What I couldn't convey then, but understand now was that the headboard reminded me of a guillotine! I had never seen one as a child, but had clear memories of being in one.
The only other memory that remains clear is that of lying in a hospital room and being given last rites by a priest. I thought that this was a present life memory of when I was very sick at about 1 year old -- but I'm not Catholic all of my relatives who are Catholic deny sending a priest to me. I have come to believe this was another past life.
I have also recently found evidence that I was probably a surviving twin. Which finally makes sense of the feeling I always had that my "other" was with me. I always had this feeling until 3 years ago, when I adopted my dog. I still have the same feeling, but only when my dog is with me. Is it possible my lost twin could have reincarnated as my dog?
I have other questions, too, but I think this is getting awfully long.

Thanks for listening.
 
Hi Renee,

I think it is a good thing that you found this site and finally have people who believe your experiences and memories.

I think that your memories are real, especially the one with the gullotine, cause how could you know what a gullotine is at that age. (How old were you when you had these memories? Do you remember?)

Personally, I don't think that your "twin" is reincarnated in you dog, just because I only WANT to believe that we can ONLY reincarnate into humans. But that is MY personal belief. But don't listen to me; listen to YOUR heart. Your twin very well, could be reincarnated into your dog.

Sensitive Soul

------------------
"Doubt is of the mind;
Truth is of the heart."
-Sensitive Soul




[This message has been edited by sensitive soul (edited 06-06-2002).]
 
Thanks for your reply. I think that I had the memories of "The Chopper" from the time I could say that I could remember anything. I would say I was less than 3 when I started trying to tell people what I was afraid of. Luckily, the actual terror of it has faded, I only remember that I was there and... the smell.
 
The smell?

That is so interesting. I didn't expect to read that.

The power of the sense of smell if fascinating - it is very strong but so under-rated! When I smell certain things, memories rush back; I can see how a smell would trigger or accompany a memory.
 
Hi

I am from England. Have u heard of the song oranges and Lemons? It is an old song about the bells of London. In one version of the song its says "here is the candle that lights u to bed, Here is the "Chopper" that chops off yr head.

Makes yr story even more beliveable to me as u appear to be using an old fashioned expression/word for the guilotine/axe

Jaysey
 
Hi Jaysey,

No I don't think that I have ever heard that song. It's interesting to hear that it was an old term for it.

Was there ever a time that the guillotine was used in England. I know it was used in most of the French colonies and other parts of Europe and even in Nazi Germany (which I suppose shouldn't be surprising). The fact that "chopper" of course, is an English term made me wonder.
 
I can't point you to a source right away, but given that thieves got hanged where as 'gentlemen' got beheaded, it'd be a fair assumption that the English adopted the guillotine eventually.



------------------
Birgitte Heuschkel
http://prodigalstranger.nee.dk
 
In a book I once read someone recalled a past life where they died by a guillotine and said it was in England and the person researched it and later found they did use the guillotine in England as well.Never knew they used it in nazi germany.I never heard any accounts like that.

------------------
"All Knowledge is good.Only the use you put it to can be good or evil."
 
Yes pretty sure they used the guilotene(sp)here in England. Also hanging and the beheading using a large axe

The song in full for interest goes

Oranges and lemons say the bells of St Clements
I owe u 5 farthings say the bells of St martins
When will u pay me say the bells of old bailey
When I grow rich say the bells of shoreditch
When will that be say the bells of stepney
I'm sure I don't know says the great bell at Bow
here comes the candle that lights u to bed
Here comes the chopper to chop off yr head

Its an old childrens song/game/dance based around the old bells of London. One child is picked to have their head chopped (quite grusome really)

Anyway hope u get some answers

Jaysey
 
It's like re-living my childhood all over again with that post Jaysey.

------------------
Lots of Love
Kelly
 
Dear Jaysey,

That is an interesting game. A lot of children's game are kind of gruesome aren't they. Like Ring around the Rosie being about the Black Plague and London Bridge is Falling Down. I remember singing about Lizzie Borden and her axe while jumping rope when I was a little girl.

Thanks to all for the info on the guillotine, too. I don't know if I want to really delve to far into the memory, I don't know if I really want to relive all that horror again.
 
I used to work in a rare book seller's office and one of my duties there was to go through old books page by age to make sure all the pages were there and to make notes for a description of the condition of the book. In the course of this I sometimes came across bits of information I took note of. Once I saw an illustration of a guillotine in a history of England that was, if I remember right, published in the 17th century. the name of the author that comes to my mind is Camden, but it has been some years and I may be mistaken. Anyhow, I had read somewhere that the guillotine was invented about the time of the French Revolution by a doctor who elieved it would be a more humane method of execution and I remember thinking when I saw that old illustration that what I had read before was obviously wrong because here was a guillotine in a book published long before that time, and in England, not France. Terron
 
I can't help wondering if the mother ever did accept that the daughter was the former Mom? What a wonderful gift, and to not KNOW it!!!! It boggles the mind!

Marg
 
Back
Top