• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Experiences at Brian Weiss workshop

Jake

Random Person
The weekend of July 22-24, 2011, I attended a workshop on past life regression therapy at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY, entitled “Same Soul, Many Bodies”, with Dr. Brian Weiss, MD. This is a description of my experiences which I wrote down the day after. It is largely unedited but occasionally I will make notes in brackets; these were added later.

For how I wound up at this workshop, read my introduction.

The week before I went to the workshop, I recorded the relaxation tape that Weiss gave a script for in the back of his books, and used it to practice.

~Monday, July 18, 2011, with tape​

When I emerged from the door [the last part of the induction], I saw an old man who was myself. I was wearing a somewhat shabby robe and standing on a little path between a whole lot of jars and boxes and stuff around some tents. I did not know my name nor was I able to see anything else of that life (and I will omit mentioning not seeing things I didn’t see in further descriptions).

~Tuesday, July 19, 2011, with tape​

I didn’t see anything at first, but then I saw a shot across a savanna with mountains in the far distance. After a moment the shot changed to a shot of me on that savanna holding a spear as though I was about to throw it at something. In front of me to the right was a man on a horse or other animal who I became aware was treating me negatively, calling me a coward or things like that for being afraid to throw the spear. I believe we both had very dark skin. I also believe he was my current father.

Then I went to the workshop. The whole thing was an experience, and as I have said to others the past life memories were just the cake under the icing. The people there were very loving and supportive for the most part, and I had some great conversations. There were over 350 people in the workshop.

Friday, July 22, 2011, ~8:45 PM-9:30 PM, group regression led by Dr. Weiss​

Weiss directed us to see a childhood memory. (Of course, each time I say something like this, it took longer than this and usually involved counting down or some other technique.)
I saw the gables on the roof of the Adirondack Loj, and then a step back and the Loj with Heart Lake in the background. Then I saw a house by a lake that I think was a cousin’s house I haven’t been to in a long time. Then I saw our Cabin #5 by Indian Lake.
Weiss directed us to become aware of why our subconscious chose this memory.
Based on this and some thoughts that came to me later when I was walking in one of the gardens at Omega, I believe the message was:

Look at the world like you look at a photograph.
Walk slower.
Don't miss the trees for the forest.
​

Weiss directed us to see an in-utero memory.

I saw sort of from the perspective of my mom her pregnant, my sister in front of her at about age 7, and my dad younger. My sister’s hair was wet and she was wearing some turquoise and possibly orange clothing that I thought was a swimsuit. We were in the dining room of our apartment.

Weiss directed us to see a past-life memory or a memory from the spiritual state between lives.

I saw from an enclosed space with a round window with ribs in front of and below me. Looking down through the window, I saw a city next to a river.
As Weiss directed us to look at ourselves and see who we were, I became aware that I was a gunner in the tail of a German aircraft in World War II. I believe there was a swastika on my uniform on my arm. I later joked with myself and others that if I was making it up, I would have made myself American.

As Weiss directed us to look around at the other people around us, I became aware of but didn't see (sort of like looking at a infrared picture) that I was one of six people in the airplane. I didn't see the shape of the airplane itself, but I saw two guys on either side and then two guys farther forward slightly farther apart on either side. Finally there was one guy in the front of the plane, which surprised me because I thought planes always had co-pilots. [Later note: I did a tiny bit of research afterwards: the guy in the front would have been the bombardier, the two guys farther back the pilot and copilot, and the other two guys gunners. Does anyone know anything about this?] I don't think any of us were shooting at anyone at this point.

Then Weiss directed us to go to the end of our life, and I saw a piece of flak come up from the ground a bit to our right and hit the plane near its center. It spiraled down into the water, and very soon the water flooded into my compartment and I drowned. This only took a couple seconds, and I watched it from outside myself but pretty close, like sort of “over the shoulder”. I did not feel anything emotionally about this--watching it was not a scary experience.

I (the observer of now) then saw my soul (of then) “standing” outside my body, which was facedown underwater still in the wreckage of the plane. Weiss directed us to become aware of what we had learned in that life, and I believe I had learned about how war is futile.

The physical world sort of grayed out, though I could see my body for longer than everything else. Both I and my soul became aware of a cone-shaped light above and to the right, and we went to it. We crossed one layer of light (which I perceived as a sphere with its center way off to the upper right) and I saw my soul sort of climbing up into it. Then (I believe it was at Weiss’ suggestion) I saw an old guy in a white robe (who I couldn't see very clearly) greet my soul between the first and second layers of light. Weiss directed us to ask if there were any messages for us, and I became aware that the guy had this message for me (me now, not my soul then):

Love.
Be strong.
Have no fear.
​

Then my soul took his hand and together they walked into the second layer of light. I tried to follow but couldn’t enter the brighter light.

[continued in next post]​
 
[continued from previous post]




Saturday, July 23, 2011, ~9:30 AM-10:30 AM, group regression led by Dr. Weiss​


Once we were all relaxing in the garden (I was lying on the shore of a small pond) [again, this was the end of the induction], Weiss began a guided meditation. I’ll say “Weiss had this happen” but what I mean was Weiss said “And now imagine or see this happening, etc.” I found it easy to follow the directions and see the things I was “supposed to”, and the details filled themselves in in ways that weren’t necessarily like I was making them up. However, I was supposed to be making lots of this stuff up, so I can sort of distinguish based on how detailed the experiences were versus how they just looked like a generic whatever-I-would-expect-that-thing-to-look-like.


Weiss had a spirit—a guide or a loved one—come out to be with us. And out of the light walked this boy of about 15. He sat down next to me on the grass, relaxed but very much engaging with me. I think his name is Joe. I felt like I recognized him very strongly; I still have a clear picture in my mind of his face. (He, like all the few souls I saw including myself, looked like a human shape of soft light with no features except for a face, that is, if in the particular case I was aware of the soul’s face.) Most of my impressions during all my experiences were visual, but when he took my hands and held them tightly, I really felt his touch strongly.


From that point to the rest of the experience in which I was with him, we were very physically intimate with each other: holding hands, arms around each other, hugging, and I think we even kissed. I was very surprised at this; and even as it was happening, my left brain was commenting: “What’s going on here? I’m not gay. At least I didn’t think I was gay. Shouldn’t I not be doing this?” But it felt so right—it was so great to be loving someone so strongly, and to be in a state where we could connect so deeply and feel each other’s love. Talking to others about this later, I realized that he was only metaphorically male, since souls don’t have physical gender (though they can have a gender polarity or something), and we were only metaphorically being physical—I guess that means we were being “metaphysical”.


Weiss had our guides take us on a walk, to this beautiful building with columns and a great staircase in front of it. It was a library with books of all the souls in it, as well as the history of the world, past, present, and future. My guide and I walked through the main room of this library, me looking in awe at the shelves of books (but not reading any of them). This building was later (i.e. after I got back from the workshop) identified for me as “The Hall of Records” by a friend. Many of Weiss’ patients have visited this library on their own without any prompting from him. [Later note: I found out later that this library seems to be a commonly-known spiritual place.]


Weiss had him take us into another room with light streaming down from the ceiling; in the middle of this room there was a couch with crystals suspended over it. I lay down on the couch and, following Weiss’ directions, my guide and a female soul who worked in the room arranged the crystals to direct the light at whatever parts of me needed its healing. I was thinking “well, I don’t have any particular physical symptoms”, but then Weiss said it could be parts of your mind, so I chose my fear. [Later note: Months after the workshop, I found out from somebody how crystals are actually supposed to work—they interface with your auras and stuff. I didn’t know that at the workshop, so the way I saw it was that the light from the ceiling was actually being refracted through the crystals and aimed at me in beams.] After a little bit of the healing, Weiss had one of the walls of the room turn into a movie screen so we could see a past life or spiritual state on it (as usual, “whatever you become aware of is fine”).


I saw a helicopter hovering over a city next to a river, but this time I was pretty sure it was the southern tip of Manhattan, and it must have been in the last forty years. I saw from outside the helicopter that there was a man in the left seat and a woman in the right seat; I’m pretty sure the woman was the pilot. I also felt like I was there because of the woman, though I did not feel like I was her. Then the man started making out with her, and I think she was not entirely happy with this but went along with it anyway. At the same time, in the lower left corner of the screen, I saw the face of a boy about 13 that I vaguely recognized—it was like an earthly photograph, still and in the full color of body, and I couldn’t see into it and know things about who it was or anything else. I have no idea what any of this meant. Of course, at the same time Weiss was asking us the typical things as if it was a past life memory—“go to the end of your life” and all—and none of that did anything.


Once the past life was supposed to be over, Weiss had our guides put away the crystals and take us into another room with six doors. He told us that behind each of the doors would be a past life from a different time period, and we would see into each and then decide which we wanted to go into and experience. So the first door opened, and I saw through it a shot across a savanna, which I figured was the same life as in my experience before coming to the workshop. Then the second door opened, and I saw an orange field of grain and a big blue sky. Then Weiss said, “And the first door is from 1850, give or take 30 years or whatever you need, and the second is from 1700, [etc.], 1500, 25 AD, 500 BC, and the last door is whatever else you need to see.” So I realized I was supposed to have waited to hear when the time periods were to see the doors, but I figured well I’d just go on from there. So the third door opened into an alley between two tenement-style apartments with clothing hanging on lines between the buildings. The fourth door opened and I saw myself as a nun walking down a covered marble hall that was open to a square courtyard on the right. The fifth door opened and I saw onto the side of a sandy hill with little scrub plants in the sand overlooking an ancient Middle-Eastern town. I saw no sixth door, but as I am writing this I realize that the sixth door was the one I came through, that would be to the spiritual state. The doors could all line up vaguely with the dates: sky, 1850; tenements, 1700; nun, 1500; hill, 25 AD; savanna, 500 BC.


But anyway, I decided to go through the door into the field of grain and the big blue sky. I asked Joe if he would come with me, but he smiled and shook his head. So I went through, and a little in front of me was myself as a girl of about 17. This was the only time in my experience that I felt so much in the body I was seeing—usually I was just watching. So I walked farther forward and I saw my little sister of about 7, who I’m pretty sure is my older sister in my present life. I ruffled her blond hair and pigtails, and I saw her pretty distinctly in a red dress that looked like overalls. Then we walked farther forward and I saw my parents, and behind them I vaguely saw our thatch-roof house.


When Weiss directed us to move to the end of that life, I couldn’t. What I saw was myself, this girl, just walking through the fields. She was walking with such strength and fearlessness. I knew that this was something I wanted to and should take from for my current life.


Finally Weiss had us return to the room with all the doors and go back out through the library and back to the garden, where we were supposed to rejoin our bodies and wake up, which I did with little difficulty.


[continued in next post]
 
[continued from previous post]




Sunday, July 24, 2011, ~9:30 AM-10:30 AM, group regression led by Dr. Weiss​


This time once we were relaxing in the garden, Weiss had us walk over a foot bridge over a creek in the garden and into a past life.


At first I just saw the same light on the other side of the bridge. But then I became aware of a shadow of a figure, and then I went around his front and looked at him. I’m not sure if he was me in some sense.


I saw two things most clearly about this figure: first, he was big. Sort of like the way Frankenstein is big except without the evil or insane parts—the kind of big person who commands respect just by standing tall. Just like with the prairie girl, I saw that this person’s strength and courage was something I could draw from in my life now.


The other thing was that either the figure or his clothing was sparkling. The effect was unlike anything I remember seeing in a movie or game. There were a small finite number of points on him that were each emitting light like miniature suns. They did not seem to be in a pattern (not shakras or anything like that). I was not able to know anything else about this figure, and of course Weiss’ past life playback directions didn’t work.


[Later note: Reflecting on this, I was reminded of the following metaphor I had read in the Weiss books. Each soul is like a beautiful diamond, flawless in itself. But our diamonds are dull on the outside, and we have to polish them. Some of us have polished more facets, some fewer; but we are all equally beautiful underneath. I've been thinking that maybe this figure I saw represented myself: the shining spots were where I had polished, and everywhere else I hadn't. If this is true, it's nice to see how much progress I've made over all my lives; and it's also a good reminder of how I have even further left to go.]


Then Weiss began another guided meditation. He took us back to the garden, had our guides return (I hugged him--it was great to see him again), and had him take us to show us a mountain. I was supposed to be making up the next whole part, so I don’t count any of this as true on a literal level—only possibly on a metaphorical level. So I saw the mountain, and my guide and I floated up to sit in midair about on the level with the top of the mountain.


The idea was that the mountain represented us; it had a beautiful core. He had us see the outside of the mountain change seasons and have different things happen to it but the core remained the same. Then he had tourists show up and make judgmental comments about the mountain, but that also didn’t change the beauty of its core.


Then he directed us to see the connections among the tourists, and I saw lines of light between them. Then he had us successively zoom out to see the connections between everything living on the continent the mountain was on, and then the whole planet, and then the whole solar system, and the galaxy, and the universe. Each of these I saw as a sort of bubble which had been the limits of what my thought was encompassing. He did a slightly different thing for having us pop out of the universe, but then I saw the universe as a bubble next to and up against a few other universe bubbles.


And then when he had us zoom out one more level, I saw God.


I had to lift my eyes to see it, and then it nearly filled my field of view. It was this huge circle or sphere of living light. In the middle it was so bright it just appeared white to me, but nearer to the edges it had rays of yellow and gold and orange and red. It was like looking into the sun if it took up most of the sky, except instead of the physical light being too powerful and repulsive, it was just beautiful. But I did not feel some profound love or unity or anything like that; what I was conscious of was that this thing I was looking at was completely and utterly unintelligible to me. I guess that was because I reached out to it with my mind—what I had been doing for the whole workshop, and how I tend to live—rather than with my heart.


The vision went away, and was replaced by the same image but in the “art style” of the zooming out through the universe. I became aware that this was only a small part of God, since I could see it connected outside the current sphere of my thought. I could see a few clumps of universes around it, but I think the physical arrangement of these things was metaphor to me, because now that I’m thinking about it the dimension God was connected outside my sphere of thought was a spatial dimension other than the three in which I saw the universes clustered around it. I wasn’t able to see the four at the same time without a [mathematical] projection, so there were probably more that I simply wasn’t aware of (for instance, the universes each had their own three, which were distinct from the three I was seeing them in). After seeing that connection, I tried to zoom out again, and for the first time in all my experiences that attempt broke the experience (the same way that consciously manipulating a lucid dream in a way that you can’t generate to correct for breaks the dream). The image was unintelligible for a second and then I was at a shallower level of hypnosis and didn’t see anything. This was not unpleasant or scary, just “oh, that didn’t work, I guess I popped out”. As Weiss had us zoom back in to come back, I recalled what I had seen and zoomed in from the universe each level, but especially since he had us zoom in back to our real bodies rather than the mountain and I saw a Google-Earth-like image of New York State, I think I was making all that up.


Weiss had not directed us to see God. Of course, most of his patients saw the spiritual light of one kind or another, which is ultimately also God. Also, my experience was a vivid, “HD” vision in the middle of universe graphics that I would describe almost as “hand-drawn”. During anything after that, though, I think it was pushing the limits of my mind, and I would not vouch for its certainty.
 
Nice. I went to a Weiss workshop back in 2003. It was not run the same way as yours... We used a descending staircase with three doors at the bottom to go into future lives at intervals of 100, 500 and 1000 years into the future. We also did the in-utero view and used a favorite childhood activity to go to a past life. That's how I found out about the Victorian past life and that my fav. cousin in this life was my sister in that life.


Thanks for the post and how you kept the detail intact. Any your view of the divine... WOW!
 
Hi Jake,


Thank you for sharing so much detailed information. It's been a busy weekend for a lot of us. I like the fact that you have done your research and have done work with Weiss. He is fantastic.

There were a small finite number of points on him that were each emitting light like miniature suns. They did not seem to be in a pattern (not shakras or anything like that). I was not able to know anything else about this figure, and of course Weiss’ past life playback directions didn’t work.
I am more interested in your experience of the Light.


I will have to read your other posts later, as I only read the last post so far and I'm cooking dinner. But tell me more about this "Light."
 
That's very cool :thumbsup:


On a few occasions I've been gobsmacked to find that I've had revelations for no real particular reason. Once I was sitting in church as a teenager, bored out of my mind when a voice suddenly said "God is just the collection of all the positive energy in the universe".


That makes sense to me in a lot of ways such as in the belief that God exists in all of us. And also in that negativity pushes you away from God as opposite magnets repel one another.


And also, welcome to the forum!
 
\ said:
to go into future lives at intervals of 100, 500 and 1000 years into the future
I don't know, I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of seeing the physical future (even if it was my personal past). It brings up the whole causality issue, and while I have faith that they wouldn't let me see or do anything that would mess things up, I don't want to determine my own free will away. Even if that's not an issue, I feel I would be too tempted to steal the technology from the future and invent it myself, which seems like cheating to me. ;)

\ said:
Any your view of the divine... WOW!
\ said:
That is soooo cool ...
I would say "Thank you", but it's not like I was responsible for seeing any of it. It was a gift, and the most loving kind of gift: one I really didn't deserve.

\ said:
But tell me more about this "Light."
I don't really know. My experiences were primarily with my visual and intuitive senses; what I described was what I saw, and I couldn't intuit anything about what this figure was. I mean, I'm under the impression that in some ways, Light is Light, no matter what form it takes; but I was hoping maybe someone here might be able to help me understand the particulars of what that figure might have been. Come to think of it, it reminds me a little of one panel of a drawing I saw once showing different representations of the energy around a person's body. I don't remember what the title was.
 
As far as the Light I saw at the end, this picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's the best I could do (click for full size):


 
Jake, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. Your "light" is an amazing and comforting description of the Creator.


I am not one to believe in "predetermination" regarding future lives, though the few vignettes I have received included nothing that might steer me away. We, on this messageboard, have had extensive discussion regarding the "lifeplan" each individual comes to earth with...my sense of it is each lifetime is a script of sorts which is absolutely subject to free will. As for future lives, there is some thought that they have already been lived, so actually being conscious of that living either already happened, or will somehow be subject to free will?


Anyway, thank you once more for sharing your fantastically detailed regression experience with Dr. Weiss and I look forward to your further contributions to the forum.
 
Jake said:
I don't know, I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of seeing the physical future (even if it was my personal past). It brings up the whole causality issue, and while I have faith that they wouldn't let me see or do anything that would mess things up, I don't want to determine my own free will away. Even if that's not an issue, I feel I would be too tempted to steal the technology from the future and invent it myself, which seems like cheating to me. ;)
I can understand that, I was not expecting it either. Was only in the future lives for only about 30 seconds each, not enough time to get much of anything. I guess I didn't have anything scheduled for 500 years as what I saw though that door was a view of North America from the perspective that a satellite would have.
 
HI Jake,


Love the way you write. :) There is an older thread titled Reincarnation and The Light with a lot of good references within the thread. I thought it easier to post the link than to take pieces - repeat - copy and paste. What you describe - and as you describe it is beautiful; LOVE, GOD, JOY ~ the omnipresence of that which is greater than we can even imagine.


Thank you so much for sharing your experience.


Namaste!
 
Thank you all so much for your support and for creating this space and filling it with love. :')

\ said:
As for future lives, there is some thought that they have already been lived, so actually being conscious of that living either already happened, or will somehow be subject to free will?
I'm talking about the possibility of a time paradox: if I see something happen in the physical future / my personal past, and then act now in a way that physically prevents that from happening. If, in order to prevent this, they make sure that I can't change anything major about the physical world that might have consequences for the physical future / my personal past, then it seems like I don't have the ability to affect the future to that extent, that is, it's already determined. I don't have that worry about a life plan, because, well, a plan is a plan. :)

\ said:
a view of North America from the perspective that a satellite would have
Have you considered the possibility that that was in fact what your physical body was/will be seeing at that time? That is, that you were/will be in space? Just a thought.

\ said:
Love the way you write. :)
I've never thought of myself as a good writer, and given my outward appearance as a math and science nerd, that ability tended not to be encouraged in me by the people around me. So it means a lot to me to hear that from someone who only knows this other, deeper side of me: it helps me be more open to this part of me. I don't want to make a big deal out of a little thing, but I want you to know that even a little offhand comment, with positivity behind it, can help someone along in their path in life. Thank you. :) And thanks for the link to that thread--it's really beautiful!
 
Greetings Jake,


What kind of next-life situations do you think you could personally prevent if you found out about them, and so cause a paradox?


Taking the mentioned example of a life 500 years from now, if you saw your future life from the same bits and pieces point of view of many past lives, how could you even know what intervening history led to the situation you want to prevent?


Suppose a cowboy or pioneer in the 1880's old west had a future-life progression where they are a worker at the Fukushima nuclear power plant. Even seeing and experiencing a nuclear meltdown, how would that enable them to prevent the disaster from back in 1880? Would it give them enough background knowledge to "invent" nuclear power?


Like I mentioned, I had a deeply precognitive dream about a tv newscast of allied soldiers taking Basrah. But it didn't show me how the world got to that event. And though I told a lot of people years before any of these events happened, everyone thought I was being overly imaginative for paying any credence to a dream. It was like the world was fixed on a destination they had no conscious knowledge of.


Oh, when Cryscat mentioned how Bruce Weiss directed participants to remember themselves in-utero, that must have been just a symbolical visualization. Because in reality, other than when a tv camera might go in for medical purposes or making documentaries, it's rather lightless in there.
 
\ said:
What kind of next-life situations do you think you could personally prevent if you found out about them, and so cause a paradox?
I'm partly referring to large events like you're talking about, which I agree could rarely be influenced by some crazy guy who sees things. :)


But I'm also referring to the butterfly effect from chaos theory: that is, in a mathematically chaotic system like the physical world (if nothing spiritually was guiding physical events), any minor change in the state of the system at one point will have increasingly drastic consequences for the whole as time goes on. If seeing something from the future changes how I act now at all, it might make the conditions for that future thing to happen be impossible. Now, I learned about the chaos theory stuff before strongly considering spirituality, and I haven't really thought about how they interact, so this might not be valid for the real world.


I guess I intellectually believe they wouldn't let there be any problem with seeing things from the future, but I'm still personally uncomfortable with it. Who knows, maybe there's something really important in my life that has to play out in the right order in order to be properly meaningful, and I'm subconsciously remembering that plan and therefore not wanting to have spoilers. :)
 
Jake said:
I guess I intellectually believe they wouldn't let there be any problem with seeing things from the future, but I'm still personally uncomfortable with it. Who knows, maybe there's something really important in my life that has to play out in the right order in order to be properly meaningful, and I'm subconsciously remembering that plan and therefore not wanting to have spoilers. :)
Ok, that's a choice each must make for themselves. Though how would visiting your next incarnation be a spoiler for events remaining to happen for you in this incarnation?


Actually, I could think of a few good reasons to want to know about your next life. It might give you hope and spiritual sustinance to help you through the pitfalls of this life. Maybe in your next life, you will be able to fly with wings? Or maybe the message you'd get would be a warning to not click "I accept" on the first reincarnation that's offered to you? So many possibilities.
 
Long time reader, very rare poster posting to say that, that was the most exciting posts that I have ever read on this site Jake. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. I could only be so lucky to get to go to one of Dr. Weiss's workshops.
 
I'll second that Who-Am-I ! thank you Jake for posting your story and engaging the members in a most interesting thread.


I think I'm with you in the not really wanting to tread on the future. But there is some interesting thoughts behind what Mel said. Perhaps this too is just part of the grand, perfect scheme of the universe.
 
\ said:
that was the most exciting posts that I have ever read on this site Jake.
\ said:
I'll second that Who-Am-I !
Thank you all again. : angel I would have never posted here unless you all had created such an accepting community, so thank YOU and I'm glad to be a part of it. :D

\ said:
a few good reasons to want to know about your next life
I was talking about seeing things from a life that was past for me but future in the world's timeline, not a life that is future for me personally. How would the latter even be possible? I thought my choice of which life I want to live next is dependent on what I learn this time around, which is subject to my free will.

\ said:
Maybe in your next life, you will be able to fly with wings?
Under what circumstances could that possibly happen? Or let me rephrase that: What?! How?


(By the way, Mel is referring to my question.)
 
Mel said:
a few good reasons to want to know about your next life
Jake said:
I was talking about seeing things from a life that was past for me but future in the world's timeline, not a life that is future for me personally. How would the latter even be possible? I thought my choice of which life I want to live next is dependent on what I learn this time around, which is subject to my free will.
Of course there's the appearance of free will (or is there?) Is time itself a real thing? Some theoretical physicists say it's an illusion. Several forum members have reported the experience of seeing their current life as though it were a past life.


Even if time is real, to paraphrase Scrooge's attempted dialog with the ghost of christmas yet to come, after being shown a lonely gravestone with his name on it, if one's ways be changed then should not their ends also be changed? Even if you were to only see one of several possible futures of your soul, it would certainly give you valuable feedback about your now.

Mel said:
Maybe in your next life, you will be able to fly with wings?
Jake said:
Under what circumstances could that possibly happen? Or let me rephrase that: What?! How?
Well, in the silly dreams department, I once had a visitation from a far-futuristic being, who at first appeared to look like a not quite humanoid creature with batlike or perhaps mothlike wings. Who revealed that actually the wings and stuff were just an "encounter suit" being worn, a product of advanced science. More specifically biological engineering, technically the suit being sort of alive, and low output nuclear energy to power it's flight.


From the little explanation I got, it wouldn't be impossible by any known laws of physics. It would just be beyond anyone's present 2012 ability to make one.
 
Jake - thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed account of your experiences in one of Brian Weiss's work shops!


As for any questions/curiosity about future lives & free will, and how seeing into our future lives may effect our present, I HIGHLY recommend reading the book Same Soul, Many Bodies (by Brian Weiss - imagine that!). Before reading it I really wasn't sure about future lives, or that it was possible to see in glimpses of something before it has technically 'happened'. But as I read that book I began to understand how our past lives have effected our current one (an aspect we here on the forum talk about all the time). However, our actions in our current life also effect our future lives. The book gives many examples of patients he worked with, and while they mostly worked with the past, a few saw brief glimpses of future lives. He (& the patients) made it clear that what they saw here were not set in stone, they could change - it was just what their present actions were creating. One man had such terrible hate & anger problems, but once he saw a glimpse of how unhappy his next life of repeating these same patterns looked & felt like, he began thinking about changing the current problems he had never even been willing to admit as problems. Therefor something that is yet to happen can effect the present, just as the past effects the present everyday - all 3 are connected. Hard to explain, I found if a fascinating read - Jake, I recommend you read it.


Again, thanks for posting! I have thought of going to one of Brian Weiss's work shops, he was even close to my area last year, but I am a rather private person & the thought of trying to go back to some of the traumatic things I have remembered in a room full of strange people left me a little apprehensive. I know, led by Brian Weiss I should have probably done it anyway. I have enjoyed reading what you got out of it though, very encouraging.
 
Same Soul, Many Bodies is an awesome book. I got it off Amazon.com for a couple of dollars. If you have any questions about future lives, then that's the book to get in my opinion.:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top