• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Does this sound like a significant dream?

Misty8723

Member
Every night, before I go to sleep, I've been asking to be shown something about a past life. Two nights ago, toward morning, I had this dream. It was unusual in that it was like I was watching from above, not actually part of the dream. There was a man, and other people around, but I don't remember what was going on with them. After a bit, he said that he was going to another place to be where a particular woman was. Even though she had refused to marry him, he loved her and wanted to be with her. After he said that, he was riding an elephant through a very unpopulated area; it seems like fields with mountains over to the left. I saw him on the elephant (from above), but all I remember are his legs hanging down over the sides of the elephant (bareback) From above I scanned around the area where he was riding, and thought that it was very beautiful in the direction of the mountains. Then he reached the village / complex / house (?) Hard to explain, it seemed like a lot of people around, almost like what you think of a ranch, a lot of land, house, and people working at chores, etc. The woman was sitting in a chair doing some kind of task. She had a very round face and brown skin. When she saw the man she was seemed happy to see him and smiled at him, a very happy smile. She said the man's name three times, but I don't (and didn't) remember the name, although I think it was two syllables and ended in an "O" sound. Even though she was glad to see him, she still refused to marry him. Despite that, he found work and stayed near her anyway.

So now I'm wondering, was this significant, or just a very strange dream?
 
Hi Misty, I'd say it has some significance. You asked, and you have opened your self up to the universe, for memories... it could possibly be a memory. Keep an open mind and a journal. Write these things down. When you have the time to clear your mind and meditate on the subject recall your dream and allow it to swim about in your head. Time will tell whether it is a memory or not. My gut instinct says it may be.


Tman
 
I agree. It sounds like you were watching from outside your body. Sounds like maybe Asia or India? Do you think you were the man or was he someone you just knew? I'm sure you will be getting more information. Write everything down.
 
Thanks all for your replies. I wrote everything down that I remembered upon awakening, but don't have an actual journal yet. I plan to get a table to keep next to the bed, and keep trying.


argonne1918, I don't know if I was the man or the woman, or neither. I saw the woman's features clearly, but not the man's that I can recall. I was basically observing the entire scene from somewhere above, and didn't necessarily feel connected to either one. What came to mind as I was writing it down was India, but there was nothing that I recall from the dream iteself to indicate any particular place.


I hope I get more, it definitely has me interested.
 
I'm glad the dreaming technique is working for you, Misty. It sounds like a significant dream to me, and somewhere in southeast Asia.From your description, I got the feeling of India, too, and an earlier time. I think you had a promising beginning.
 
If I'd had that dream I'd definitely think it was significant :) ! Any dream that feels "different" to me, I try to take notice of. We all know the usual style of our dreams, sometimes one just stands out! And this one certainly sounds like it does. How beautiful!
 
Back
Top