• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Could this be past life related?

alteredchances

New Member
Hello, I am new to is this forum. I am 18 and I have always been kinda interested in past lives. A bit more so since my recurring dream returned last week. I can NEVER remember it for longer than 10 minutes after waking, but when I have the dream again, I know I've had it many times before. This time I managed to hold on to the dream, though I can only remember glimpses.

I remember being in a desert area, lots of sand, and maybe a road behind me from the noises I heard, but I never looked. It was shaded by dunes maybe? I can't quite remember what it was. There was a broken down vehicle, and some people hanging out by it. People were maybe 20-30 years old. We didn't appear to know each other, but they were friendly to me. It seemed like I was helping them with something.

I don't know why this dream is so significant, but I've had it at least 7-10 times that I remember. I also have another recurring dream I cant remember. When I have it again, I'll know it though.

Another thing that I am curious if past life related is a fear I have. I cannot be in the driver's seat of a car without a bad anxiety attack. I have never been in an accident in any seat of a car, don't know anyone who died in a car, or anything. The worst I know of is a fenderbender that gave my dad a few brusises, nothing serious at all. All I can think is maybe I died via car crash?

What do you think?
 
Hi alteredchances,


Welcome to the forum.


It certainly could be past life related. Possibly both these things are connected? People will usually have a past life memory about something significant. So, I'd be thinking that something happened, perhaps a car accident, after you met these people. Perhaps you offered to change a tyre, or fix their car or something, then they gave you a lift, or something along those lines?


Phobias can often be helped by finding out the cause of them. I've seen it many times where people recall a past life involving the thing they are afraid of and once they work it out, the fear gets a whole lot better.


Have you ever tried meditation? You might find that you can find out a lot more information about this dream, and retain it better while you are awake.


There are various CDs and youtubes to help with this if you haven't done it before. Other members have had a lot of success with them and can recommend some to you if you'd like to give it a try.
 
Just curious -- Can you remember the vehicle? Or how the people were dressed? Any chance that it could be related in some way to military deployment? The desert setting, the noises, and the ages of the people there made me wonder. Anyway, welcome!
 
Welcome to the forum. Yes, it sounds like a past life memory. Start keeping a journal and write everything down. These dreams and memories are like pieces to a jigsaw puzzle. The details about the car means it is probably not that far back. What did the cars look like? Really old or more modern? You can look on Google images and see if there is any thing there that looks similar.
 
It's like you are experiencing as past life memory.


Thats how mine started I believe what you are describing


is desert racing they do in Nevada.


They have been doing that a very long time.


If you could figure what the cars looked in your dream.


It might help.
 
shadowsofmypast said:
Thats how mine started I believe what you are describing is desert racing they do in Nevada. They have been doing that a very long time. If you could figure what the cars looked in your dream. It might help.
In the 1930's and early 40's hot-rod races were held in the desert in southern California at a place called Muroc. Today it's known as Edwards Air Force Base.
 
Huell Houser did a history / travel show about little known locations all over California. All PBS stations in California run the programs. He died from cancer last year but the show is in constant reruns because it is so popular. You can watch episodes online here.
 
Hi alteredchances, welcome to the forum!


That dream sounds really interesting, and while I admit I don't really have recurring dreams like that, I tend to think that anything you have your attention on like that, anything that seems really important or worth pursuing probably is worth pursuing.

Another thing that I am curious if past life related is a fear I have. I cannot be in the driver's seat of a car without a bad anxiety attack. I have never been in an accident in any seat of a car, don't know anyone who died in a car, or anything. The worst I know of is a fenderbender that gave my dad a few brusises, nothing serious at all. All I can think is maybe I died via car crash?
This definitely stands out to me, those 'really big' type of fears that aren't really based in any experience tend to be things I pay attention to, and I think that reincarnation is one of the only things that can really explain stuff like that. Something that you feel so strongly about but like you said, have never experienced this time around, well... if it were me, I'd look into that.


For what it's worth, I had a similar type of thing with cars, for a long time I didn't like being driven on certain types of roads at any substantial speed. Typically I do prefer to drive myself, if someone else is driving in a way that I don't find comfortable I get pretty paranoid and feel very ill at ease. This started when I was a kid and I did end up finding out that it was related to a past life trauma. Had the 'phantom' pains and everything, but never in this life had I ever been in a car crash or knew anyone that had been in any serious ones. I find this sort of response to be really irrational, there's nothing in my experience that would give me any good reason to be afraid and I'm quite good with driving, so...


Interesting stuff!
 
Back
Top