• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Bad dream I had today

The dream I had. was a young boy
asking me mommy, is Casper & Willy
going to heaven?

I believe the boy was my son .
I saw two children in beds.
they were very sick.

This took place the civil war I believe.

The dream was unsettling and sad I really woke me up quick
 
That is a heart-breaking dream, shadows. Would you want to explore more of that life, if it were possible? Do you ever have good PL dreams, or memories?
 
Well, I described the seeing


my reflection was not my own


It happened again just for a few seconds.


My heartached all day because that dream.
 
I do, shadows, but they don't trouble me at all. I don't know why that is, but I feel blessed that they don't. I guess that I don't choose to focus on them. There are plenty of bad memories from this life to keep me busy. I process them, figure out the lessons, then I push them away, and move on, whether they are from this life, or a past one.
 
My thought is that you will be spared from tragedy in this life, so you can recover, and process everything that came before. Then, your next life will be a "reward life", as it is called, where everything will be calm, peaceful, and beautiful.
 
Well , while sleeping watching a civil war action movie


today. For brief second I really think I saw a picture


of myself . I still can recall it.


I also seen lot's of dead bodies maybe imagination?


I felt like I was there.


With any luck I can find that picture. I seen my mind.
 
If you get a name, I have experience with genealogical research and would be happy to try and get you some info on enlistment and possibly a census record.


I am having some success myself in remembering. So far it is bits and pieces and it can be scary and painful.


Doubt the bodies are imagination. Many of the major battles left many wounded and dead on the field.
 
My Rememberence


The civil war was three years in.


So many dead and I was a wife three 3 boys


Wiley Casper and Sam the youngest


My husband went into the war with blinders over his


eyes nothing good would come of it


no matter what side preached .


My marraige was arranged my name was Catherine


Whit was husbands name . I did love him but I was not in


love with him. he was kind but bulled headed stubborn


and fool hardy the state .I lived in Missouri.


and the war was barreling down toward our county


buildings were burning.


From the hillside beneath trees we could see endless parades


of death as men fell like dead trees


one after another. The smell of gunfire


and bodies all over in the heat of summer made


so much worse.


Whit promised he would be back be true blue?


This what remember in one night will add and edit later
 
I don't recall but I was in trance like state


when this came out. It really haunts me it really upsets


me to no end.


The civil war was bad for everybody especially


the wives of the soldiers.


I starting remember more and more.


maybe it's time to take break.


I had always attachment to the civil war
 
Here is more information on Missouri in the Civil War. Not a good place to be. They were a border state and supplied troops to BOTH sides. Neighbors were fighting neighbors.
 
My great-great grandfather, Preston Sullivan, was from Arkansas, and joined the Union Army in Texas. I always wondered how he ever had the courage to go back home. He was a Baptist minister, and that may have saved him from the Klan. Perhaps he was protected by Union troops during Reconstruction. There are several "civil war widows" in my family tree, shadows. Their young husbands were killed, and they married much older men from my family. Any man who would feed you, and take care of your children, was probably a valuable commodity.
 
The war like plague on all us that spread all


over. My sister and children were on the run


trying to keep our distance from soldiers.


as seen they were dangerous to anybody who


got in there path .


We always seemed like we were running


we nearly starved many times the drinking water


in near by creek with tainted by dead soldiers


that died there. No matter how much we boiled the water


the smell & taste and memories of dead soldiers were in our minds.


was so hard to find food because all the noise scared


the animals away. when did find food it was very little.


I was not very strong woman.


We took several guns off dead soldiers for protection.


This memory came out for couple days.


It's not, easy seeing and feeling what Catherine, went through.cover face I broke down again.
 
Back
Top