• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Allowing myself to re-connect to my past life

Hi, I'm new to the forums and feel nervous sharing, but feel this is a safe place to explore the feelings and memories that I've been feeling and most importantly, finally no longer dismissing and telling myself that I must be insane.

I have no strong memories of any past lives from my childhood that I can recall, however I can remember being very young (3 or 4?) And without having discussed any of these concepts with the adults in my life, I felt that I just *knew* that people died, went to a version of what many describe as heaven. I knew that they then waited and watched until it was time for them to be born again. I felt a connection that this is what had happened to me, without any actual memories of this transition time.

It was more in my teen and young adult years that I began to get these bizarre feelings of de-ja-vu and memories that held strong feelings, but the contents are too fuzzy to access. Certain songs and sounds of songs from a very particular era (early to mid 80s) trigger such an overwhelming rush of emotion that my whole body shivers and breaks out in goosebumps - it's an overwhelming sensation that I *remember* these songs from a past life.

When I do allow myself to try to access any more detailed memories, an overwhelming sensation of almost being able to visualise her take shape. I believe I was a woman no older than late 30's / early 40's when I died and believe that I died in the mid 1980's, only a year or two before being born into this life.

This is usually when I start telling myself to snap out of it unfortunately and it's lost again.

Lately I feel an overwhelming feeling that I can't ignore it anymore, there is a feeling that there is unrest regarding the circumstances of her death, putting me at unease until I acknowledge what happened?
 
Hi LimePoLkaDot, welcome to the forums! You are truly in a safe place to discuss this kind of stuff :) . If it helps at anything, when I first had any notion of any of my past lives it frightened me and could be overwhelming because some remember a lot and some don't. I guess it depends on how you came back to learn in the current incarnation. I do want to say that you shouldn't let something build up or let something go unacknowledged because in life if you do that it has the tendency to get to be too much. But everyone learns at a different pace then everyone else. I've learned the hard way not to let something that has bothered me in life and in the past life take control. It can be very damaging, both health and mentally. It was scary to face things I didn't want to or was nervous to acknowledge in any of my past lives.


I hope that I have given some comfort to let you know you aren't alone *hug.*
 
HI again,


I hope you check out our book area too. There are some great cases and research done in Universities and by qualified and educated people. It might help you feel more comfortable. :)
 
LimePoLkaDot said:
... Lately I feel an overwhelming feeling that I can't ignore it anymore, there is a feeling that there is unrest regarding the circumstances of her death, putting me at unease until I acknowledge what happened?
Hi LimePolkaDot


This happens quite a lot really, but in our culture we don't really understand it all very well. I also had a lot of memories since childhood and it took me a long time to work out what was going on.


What sort of 'feeling' is it you are getting? Do you want to tell us more about this? People here are very interested and many will have good advice or insights to share.
 
Back
Top