I can't say I came here because of any one book, thought or desire. For the past twenty years I've been searching for answers to the reels of dreams and thoughts that scrambled around in my head. As a police sergeant in a major city I was surrounded by the social hysteria of living. Watching, participating and intervening in peoples lives on a daily basis fueled these thoughts of "other places and other times". BUT it frightened me.
In my close-nit world of friends, family and coworkers this type of thought would be a good case for a visit to the shrink. Never-the-less I was haunted in dreams by this maddening saddness and sense of loss. Thinking it a byproduct of the work environment and some particularly gruesome experiences I blamed work and hid from it all. After retiring to the plains of Kansas I met a person that instantly forced all of those years of repressed dreams to flood to the surface.
This time, in a more serene environment and with heartfilled prayers I asked for guidance to understand it all. Over the past five years I have come to know who I am now and who i was in other lives. The process took me to Colorado Springs and a very, very beautiful Doctor that regressed me to the life that was so, so near the surface of my heart. I understand it now. I'm overwhelmed at the beauty of it all. And I'm lost in all of what can be learned from it.
The intense saddness of that life in 1906 is as real to me today as it was then. But I have been truely blest to have been reconnected with that person. To explain the emotion and the passion of the moment of recognition would take the talent of Thoreau. Needless to say my long journey of discovery brought me here. I have encountered dreams, memories, physical markings, photographs and much, much more to validate the reality I so skeptically sought. I am not just a "believer" I have a knowing beyond this time and place.
In my close-nit world of friends, family and coworkers this type of thought would be a good case for a visit to the shrink. Never-the-less I was haunted in dreams by this maddening saddness and sense of loss. Thinking it a byproduct of the work environment and some particularly gruesome experiences I blamed work and hid from it all. After retiring to the plains of Kansas I met a person that instantly forced all of those years of repressed dreams to flood to the surface.
This time, in a more serene environment and with heartfilled prayers I asked for guidance to understand it all. Over the past five years I have come to know who I am now and who i was in other lives. The process took me to Colorado Springs and a very, very beautiful Doctor that regressed me to the life that was so, so near the surface of my heart. I understand it now. I'm overwhelmed at the beauty of it all. And I'm lost in all of what can be learned from it.
The intense saddness of that life in 1906 is as real to me today as it was then. But I have been truely blest to have been reconnected with that person. To explain the emotion and the passion of the moment of recognition would take the talent of Thoreau. Needless to say my long journey of discovery brought me here. I have encountered dreams, memories, physical markings, photographs and much, much more to validate the reality I so skeptically sought. I am not just a "believer" I have a knowing beyond this time and place.