Isacosmo
isa
Hello
There is this poem written by the Argentine poet Jorge Luis Borges which I really really like, and I used it a long time ago to affectionately explain to my friend that recognized me from a PL that I wasn't fit for being the one she believed I was because I just couldn't remember.
Elegy for the impossible remembrance
Would that I could have the memory
Of a low-walled, earthen street,
Of a tall horseman trespassing dawn
(long and spent is his cloak)
On the prairies on an indefinite day,
On a dateless day.
Would that I could have the memory
Of my mother gazing at dawn
In Santa Irene ranch,
Not knowing that her name would be Borges.
Would that I could have the memory
Of Hengist's barks
Sailing from Denmark
To put down an island
Not yet called England.
Would that I could have the memory
(I had it, but it is lost)
Of a golden canvas of Turner,
Vast as music.
Would that I could have the memory
Of being one of the hearers of Socrates,
Who, in the afternoon of the hemlock,
Pondered calmly over the problem
Of immortality,
Alternating myth with reason,
While the blue death was rising
From his cold feet.
She just laughed and replied: "There's 'spread' in this poem of yours"
Oh TEH creature! lol
There is this poem written by the Argentine poet Jorge Luis Borges which I really really like, and I used it a long time ago to affectionately explain to my friend that recognized me from a PL that I wasn't fit for being the one she believed I was because I just couldn't remember.
Elegy for the impossible remembrance
Would that I could have the memory
Of a low-walled, earthen street,
Of a tall horseman trespassing dawn
(long and spent is his cloak)
On the prairies on an indefinite day,
On a dateless day.
Would that I could have the memory
Of my mother gazing at dawn
In Santa Irene ranch,
Not knowing that her name would be Borges.
Would that I could have the memory
Of Hengist's barks
Sailing from Denmark
To put down an island
Not yet called England.
Would that I could have the memory
(I had it, but it is lost)
Of a golden canvas of Turner,
Vast as music.
Would that I could have the memory
Of being one of the hearers of Socrates,
Who, in the afternoon of the hemlock,
Pondered calmly over the problem
Of immortality,
Alternating myth with reason,
While the blue death was rising
From his cold feet.
She just laughed and replied: "There's 'spread' in this poem of yours"
Oh TEH creature! lol
Last edited: