• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A life in early 19th Century France?

Red Night

Member
I've had two dreams in the past few months, neither of which I feel were direct past life memories being shown to me, but I feel, after the second one, that they're pointing me in the direction of a possible past life.

The first dream was a little out there. I was in Paris sometime time during the first half of the nineteenth century, and with me was a woman who was my wife and our two daughters. We were in a sort of gathering area outside, like a city square of sorts. My wife was sitting a small distance away from me and our daughters were playing and running around with our pet pig when something happened to one of them; she got a cut or something and came towards me and I made a bigger deal out of it than necessary. I made a comment to my wife and could tell she was irritated and I get the impression that I was a very anxious person when it came to things like dirt and disease and was always afraid of the worst. I asked my daughter to go over to an older lady (I think she was a nun, but I can't remember) and ask her if she had anything to help. The old lady took out a box of leeches and dropped them all over our pig and that's pretty much where the dream got crazy and highly unrealistic. The leeches started chasing everyone across the French country side...

I really didn't think too much about this dream and just put it off as something mildly amusing, but then I had another one two nights ago.

I was in Paris again and it was the same time period. Not only that, but I was the same man with the same personality. This time it was during the day and I was at a sort of Gentleman's club I suppose when all of a sudden there was a great riot outside. The man whom I was speaking with at the time and myself went outside. It was a fairly nice area of the city, but the vendors on the streets were in a riot and I got the sense that some sort of "revolution" was happening. I began to run and as I was doing so (and having things thrown at me) I started to strip my clothing. I threw my top-hat on the ground and undid my tie. I had a gray frock coat and held it around my body tight; all this to give the illusion that I wasn't as wealthy as I looked. To draw attention away from myself.
The thing that stands out to me most about this dream is how consistant it was with the time period. Hardly a hair was out of place, and I've never had that happen to me before. Usually a dream will take place, say sixty years ago, but I'll be driving around in a modern car or something. Everything is this dream seemed spot on.

I don't really know much about French history and was surprised to find out after this dream that revolution and rebellion in France wasn't exactly uncommon after the one that killed Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. The only thing I'd ever heard about was the June Rebellion of 1832 after reading a short description of Les Miserables off of Wiki.

Anyway, to make a long story longer, I think I might be on to something here!
 
I think you are onto something. It's not unheard of for past life memories to mix in with our other dreams. I would be confident in saying that there are some definite clues as to who you were in a past life. I would continue to explore this area...it seems very interesting. :)
 
Things that get left out of the history books. I know France had a lot of unrest after the King was overthrown. They didn't have a long history of democracy and stable government like the British. Was this during the Napoleon time?
 
I'm definitely interested to see where it takes me startswithemm!


I always felt like when people had past life dreams they were actually almost exact memories replaying in their heads, so I'm glad to hear that it isn't uncommon for things to be mixed up a bit!

argonne1918 said:
Things that get left out of the history books. I know France had a lot of unrest after the King was overthrown. They didn't have a long history of democracy and stable government like the British. Was this during the Napoleon time?
My intuition told me it was sometime after. Between 1820 and 1850 I'd say.
 
Thank you Mama2HRB! That's very nice of you. :)


The only other detail I remember is seeing a man with what looked like a dark green uniform with gold embroidery.
 
Perhaps check into "Three Glorious Days" July 1830 In France


In the afternoon of 27 July 1830 a few barricades arose and the guard room at the Stock Exchange was set on the fire. The troops killed several rioters but in the evening were sent back to barracks. The disturbance seemed to have died down. All the same, in the Rue-Saint-Honore a woman aged 35 was killed by a bullet to the forehead. A butcher's boy carried the corpse into the Place des Victories, harangued the crowd and and called for vengeance.


On the 28th rioting broke out in the working-class districts and traders quickly shut their shops. Barricades were raised with cries of "Down with the Bourbons! Long live the Republic! Long live the Emporer!" The Arsenal, the powder depot at the Salpetriere, fell into the insurgents hands.


The Opposition deputies still hesitated to do anything illegal. At 3:00 Casimir Perier, Laffitt the banker, Mauguin, and Generals Gerard and Mouton went to demand the ministers' resignation and the withdrawl of the ordinanaces. Marmont dismissed them and flung four columns of troops against the rebel districts.


They moved slowly ahead through rising excitement, and easily dismantled the barricades. But in the narrow streets the troops were powerless - people threw their furniture on their heads.


In the morning the Hotel de Ville had been occupied by royalist troops. Entrenched on the opposite side of the Seine, the insurgents fired on them all day. Without cartridges the royalists had to retreat. Several detachments joined the insurgents. Marmont decided to place his troops round the Louvre and the Tuileries and to wait there for reinforcements.


6,000 barricades transformed the districts of the centre and the east into an entrenched camp. After their triumph on the morning of the 29th July at the Hotel de Ville, the insurgents, led by a student of the Polytechnique, attacked the Louvre and the Tuileries. They pillaged the Museum of the Artillery and among them was many relics from the museum.


Children joined in the firing and the Louvre and the Tuileries were quickly taken.


The Three Glorious Days had cost the Royalist troops 200 dead and 800 wounded. The Insurgents lost 1800 dead and 4500 wounded.
 
Thank you for that very much! I don't know if any of it really rings with me, but it's definitely food for thought.
 
Made some progress it seems! I was sitting in my car this morning wondering about this particular life and when I might have died. It came to me that it must have been in the 1830s and I don't believe I was very young or very old. Perhaps forty or so. I concentrated on this further... how...


I was sick... many of us were. Something happend.


I pulled out my phone and searched for anything that may have happened in Paris in the 1830s. Hardly any time at past before I found a link that read something along the lines of "Cholera Epidemic of 1832," and once I clicked on it I read that 13,000 people died that year from that disease! I couldn't believe it! Further more, I've dealt with extremely painful and watery diarrhea, which is a main symptom of Cholera, since I was small. It can last all night and is horrible; it can make me want to cry it hurts so bad. Like someone is stabbing me over and over again. I always thought this was related to my last life, but now I'm not so sure! It's
 
Now that you know, it will be interesting to see if your symptoms lessen or even disappear. Keep us posted. London had several cholera outbreaks as well. I think the last was around 1880 or 1890. That's when they discovered chlorine would kill the bacteria. That's when large cities started treating their water supplies with chlorine.
 
Actually, they began to lessen about two or three years ago. I thought it was because of my last life becoming more prominent to me though. And it's entirely possible it was; maybe this is all rooted further back than either life to something that's causing me to have stomach issues. It still happens from time to time, but the I woke up one morning not long after I turned 16 in a somewhat delusional state with some of the most horrible pains I'd ever had. I was thinking about my last life. And within a few months it slowed down significantly. But like I said, I still have it from time to time.
 
I too think I lived in France in a past life. I think I lived in 18th century France but I've never had any successful regressions to confirm this. :(
 
Don't worry, something will come to you eventually. Though it may not be what you're looking for, I think you'll still find some satisfaction when things begin to peep through to you. Best of luck! :)
 
Could be, but usually if we have a great affection for a place or time that can't be explained, there's a good chance it's past life related!
 
A description of my personality from this lifetime:


In this life I was somewhat shy, but my solution to this was to generally be vaguely insulting to others and tell myself constantly I was better than them. I kept this attitude until I began to develop a bond; of which few were formed! I manipulated people to get what I wanted and thought myself vastly superior to others for my ability to fool them, and had little guilt in doing so. I was a first-class schmoozer, as well.


I was also a hypochondriac and very paranoid; a lethal combination.



To digress from these negative aspects, I was a romantic and idealist. Everything could always be improved for the better, and deep down what I wanted most was to be cared for. I loved my family deeply and was devoted father to my children. A concerned husband to my wife, but because of the deep contrasts in my personality it wasn't long before she grew distant.
 
Back
Top