• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A Ghostly Remembrance

BriarRose

Member
In a recent regression, I experienced the life of a young man in England, around the time period 1589.

It is very, very dark. I've been to the theatre with friends. My companions, like myself, could be categorized as drunken wastrels. I am sixteen years old, rather slight, not manly, with shoulder length hair, and a pathetic attempt at a mustache. I'm fairly well-dressed, in hose of some sort, a cod-piece, (!) and a doublet, slashed, so other colors can show through. The play we saw involved dueling, and hiding from the watch. I would swear it was "Romeo and Juliet". I must say, it was a rousing good production. We follow the play with a night of drinking, and are walking on a really unsavoury back-street of London. We are set-upon by thieves, and make a drunken attempt to defend ourselves. I am wounded in the thigh. Through this part of the regression, I felt a muscle twitching, in a rhythm, as if my life blood was pulsing away. My friends carry me to an inn, and attempt to staunch the flow. One says, "Gad, this time there will be hell to pay, if we present his father with a corpse. He is supposed to be up at Oxford." I can hear, but not speak. The bleeding must have stopped, because I find myself at home, facing my father. I am limping still, and tell him that I took a fall from a horse. I can see how red and choleric his face is - he has grey hair, wears black, and has a heavy chain around his neck. He slaps me, hard. I hate him with all the passion possible, in a sixteen year-old heart. He says I will go back to Oxford, and there will be no more mucking about with playwrights and actors. Years pass, and I see my death. I have been drinking, once again. I am resting, with my head on a tavern table. A man slips up beside me, and takes my purse. I struggle, briefly, and he stabs me, this time up under my ribcage - towards the heart. I die almost instantly. The odd thing about this experience is the fury I felt. I try to get back in the body. It's futile. I think, "What a drunken waste I was. It's my father's fault." I see a doorway open, and I know I'm supposed to go. My father is waiting in the light, and I refuse to enter. I watch as the tavern keeper has my body removed, and dumped in an alley. I am just raging - my hand passes through objects, I can't throw anything, or hit anybody, and God knows I want to. The last thing I see is a couple of cats, looking at my body. Thankfully, the regression ended. I must have eventually gone on to the other side, as I am no longer haunting a London alley!
 
Wow - that is fascinating!! So your father was too controlling and you held him accountable for not being able to follow your dreams? And it's interesting how thieves play a role in that life as a threat to you - ultimately one taking your life!


The detail of your memories is incredible - would you be willing to provide me with the exact technique you use to regress? I have a feeling it may work for me ...
 
Rest assured, Judging the time in history I'm sure the thrives got threatened to the Underworld for that. However It's quite an interesting past life. Thanks for sharing ^_^
 
Thanks, Twilight, and Skye. I wish I had gotten a name, but all I heard was "Richard". I don't know if it was me, or one of the men I was with. One interesting thing about this regression, is that I "fought" coming back to the present time. That hasn't happened before, and I think it might indicate unfinished business.


Skye, we are enough alike that the same technique might work for you, although it hasn't for everyone. I use a CD called "Exploring Other Lives" with Hemi-Sync. Over time, and with use, I've enlarged on the instructions a bit. During quiet periods on the CD, I mentally go to the "Akashic Records", and find the book of my life. It has a leather cover, and thin, vellum pages. Some of them have blood stains, I've noticed. I don't know yet what that means. I open the book at the back, because I think that my current life is the latest chapter. Then, I let the breeze ruffle the pages, and take the life that is written on that page. The hardest part for me is trying not to direct where I go. I hope it works for you!
 
On further thought, you might be able to follow the whole procedure without the CD. It's very easy to follow, and the CD moves slowly. I find most of them do. The difference between this one, and others I've tried, is the simplicity. It does use binaural beats as a background, and has some pleasantly relaxing, yet slightly eerie, music. :)
 
Your memory is so fascinating! So neat how much you can remember. When I started reading your PL regression I became completely immersed in it and I felt for a second so comfortable like I was at home. I've always felt that I had a life where I hung out with poets, playwrights and actors perhaps during Shakespearean times or perhaps sometime during the Renaissance. In this life I hang out with my fair share of artists, and creative people. Who knows I might have known you and I feel as if I might have even have been one of your drinking companions.


Did you ever find out who your father was? Honestly I feel that he loved you as best as he could and wanted what was best for you. He doesnt seem like a bad person at all just someone who was overly concerned with their child.
 
Obie, it's so interesting that you posted about your own feeling that you were alive in those days. I thought about asking that question, to see if anyone else remembered those times. That makes three members, that I know about. Your comment made me reflect on the relationship with my father, which was a good thing. I think you are right, and he did love me, although I was a huge disappointment to him. Some parents do express love by being stern, and it's hard for their children to see that as love. Thank you for your helpful comments. :)
 
Thank-you...


...for posting BriarRose...as I read this, I was there with you! So clear...although the memory was a bit sad, it was also so beautiful!
 
Aelfgyva, thank you for reading it. It felt very real, and I was totally "there". I looked at my thigh after, and there was a strange depression in the flesh where the wound was. I had noticed it before, and been curious. It seems odd that a physical manifestation would be there centuries later. It occurred to me that physical marks might appear in conjunction with lives that have unresolved issues. Does anyone else have thoughts about that?
 
It is always a pleasure...


...to read your posts BriarRose!


Oh yes...I still have the pain from an appendix that burst and killed me in my life around 1900. In the beginning of this life now, I made many trips to ER because the pain was so intense, always to come away with the diagnose that everything was A-O.K.!! Now I have learned to except it and just say “Hello” when it flares up.


Your theory is interesting, that this may be especially true from lives where things are a bit unsettled or unresolved. In the above past life, I was the oldest sister of 5 children and very close to my youngest sister, we were about 8 years apart. Leaving her caused me great pain and guilt! We have been together again in this life two times, she continued her life (born 1883) and I came back into the same family (1959 ) as her great-granddaughter. We had soooo much fun!! And now I have her with me again as my granddaughter...what joy! And since her birth in 2006, the pain from my appendix has become less...not gone, but less! ;)
 
I'm happy that you've been together again. I find PL relationships sometimes difficult to figure out. I didn't recognize a single soul in this regression, but I have theories about the soul who was my father.
 
Aelfgyva said:
...to read your posts BriarRose!
Oh yes...I still have the pain from an appendix that burst and killed me in my life around 1900. In the beginning of this life now, I made many trips to ER because the pain was so intense, always to come away with the diagnose that everything was A-O.K.!! Now I have learned to except it and just say “Hello” when it flares up.
The fact you are still having pain from that sounds like there is more that you need to uncover.
 
A Lazy Detective...


Hello argonne1918...you write: "The fact you are still having pain from that sounds like there is more that you need to uncover."


Maybe you are right, but I am a bad detective! Or a lazy one! Because I know there is no physical problem, it doesn't bother me any more...and I trust that if it is spiritual, that it will be shown to me in good time...but...thank-you for your concern!
 
Thank you, Mama. You are kind, as always. I'm toying with the idea that the father in the regression was my current life father-in-law. I'm sure he loved his children, but expected total obedience, even when they were fifty! No one in my birth family was even remotely like that!
 
I have to do an update. Yesterday, right after posting, my daughter commented that the PL father sounds an awful lot like my mother-in-law. It was like St. Paul on the road to Damascus! I suddenly "saw the light". It was her, from the iron-gray hair, and bad haircut, down to the fury at being disobeyed. The in-laws have all wondered why we have been afflicted with having her in our lives. She is a mean, lonely, old woman, and I have come to feel really sorry for her, but I don't want to visit her! I'd better, or we will do this "dance" again. We are not openly at odds. Since she is my husband's mother, I don't show her disrespect - I just avoid her. cover face
 
I know that feeling of recognition you describe with your mother in law...everything converges to allow a complete alignment of the full sense of the person. Wonderfully gratifying!
 
Back
Top