• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Special needs children and past life

Lilac

Member
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. This forum sure makes for some very interesting reading. Wow!

None of my family members have any past life experience or memories.

However, I myself have been really curious to know about my past life. And now that I have a 3 year old daughter who is a special needs child with severe medical complications, I really wonder what exactly in her past life and her karmas led her to her current health condition.

I believe in astrology too and have been told by an astrologer that as per my birth chart, I'm meant to play the role of a healer or someone who helps people (not exactly a doctor or a therapist, but more like a caretaker), so is that why my daughter chose me? But most importantly, how can I determine more about my daughter's past life?
 
Revere Those Souls


Robert Schwartz's books discuss this, and other hard choices souls chose as a life path. Michael Newton, with his 30+ years of experience with past life regressions (Between Lives), gets asked this question a lot. He stated, as does Robert Schwartz, that in almost every case he has come across, the handicap was a choice, not karma. Its a learning experience for both the person with the handicap, those within the family, friends, caregivers, etc. Its an opportunity for everyone, including strangers, to experience.


Robert Schwartz specifically stated that we should revere those who have chosen such lives because they are brave souls. Also includes drug addicts, accident victims, etc.

I believe in astrology too and have been told by an astrologer that as per my birth chart, I'm meant to play the role of a healer or someone who helps people (not exactly a doctor or a therapist, but more like a caretaker), so is that why my daughter chose me? But most importantly, how can I determine more about my daughter's past life?
Very possible why you were chosen or why you volunteered. This could be your opportunity to help. Sometimes its an exchange, in that perhaps you were once helped by your daughter in a previous life, or you both simply chose your present life together to gain from the experience. Its not easy, but its a perfect opportunity to gain experience. Its the perfect act of demonstrating love.


In a book I read many years ago it stated that there are as many reasons why a soul chooses a life as there are stars in the sky. No two reasons are alike.
 
As a mother of a child with special needs, these sorts of questions always make me cringe, especially when the word "karma" is thrown in.


PastPilot, you answered it really well. I also think there are as many reasons for choosing or not choosing one of these lives as there are people in the world. I only differ from you in that I think there is less of an emphasis on learning as the goal and more of a focus on simply loving.
 
Not always Karma


Sometimes the child may have chose that life as in order to learn and grow. There may be no karmic debt, but maybe a brave soul who decided to take on a challenging life so he/she can learn. And who knows perhaps others are building karma based on how they treat the special need's child
 
I highly recommend the Robert Schwartz books. They may be helpful to you.


I worked with children with special needs for many years. I worked with a young girl with cerebral palsy who was drawing a picture of her family one day. She turned to me and said, "you know, I came here to teach my mom and dad about patience, love, and compassion." I was kind of blown away. When I talked to her mom about it, she said although her daughter never said that to her, indeed she was teaching her family those attributes.


Not everything is karmic in nature. Your child may be here to learn, but may also be here to teach.
 
Back
Top