I am brand new to the forum and just found this page via Google.
My son is newly three year old and recently told me some things that really have suggested a past life. Just for some background, he was a very early talker and often referred to as an “old soul” by others. He often uses very advanced vocabulary and phrases (and we are often mind boggled at how he learned all these words).
Previous to this most recent recollection, when my son was 2.5, my husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We were talking about our wedding and he said he was at our wedding. We said, no, you weren’t born yet when we had our wedding. And he said, no, I watched your wedding with Jesus. We were very shocked by this. We are Catholic, but not practicing, and he has little exposure to Jesus (minus talking about him at Christmas).
Just recently, I was driving in the car with my son. He started talking about M&Ms. He has a very severe peanut allergy and has never had M&Ms and knows he cannot have them because they are cross contaminated with peanuts. He kept telling me that he loves M&Ms and he can have them when he’s peanut free. I kept repeating that he can’t have M&Ms and that he will always have to avoid them because of the peanuts. I told him we could buy candy that was like M&Ms (which we do), but he can’t actually have real M&Ms. After telling him this over and over, he said, “No mommy, I’m talking about when I used to be a different kid and I had a different mommy. I was peanut free and I ate M&Ms and I loved them and I still love them.” This was very shocking to me, but I just repeated what he said, when you were a different kid and when you had a different mommy? He said, yes, remember, I loved to eat M&Ms. I asked him where he lived when he was a different kid. He said, “I lived in a different house and it was orange.” I then asked him if he grew up. He said, “No, I fell out of the window and died, and I never saw you again.” At that point, I stopped talking about it and asked no more questions. I don’t really have much experience or knowledge about reincarnation, but I don’t know what else to make of this. My son hasn’t been exposed to death or dying, and I don’t believe he would just make this up.
In addition, since this recent exchange I have also realized that my son sometimes asks for mommy when I’m with him. When I say, I’m right here, he’ll say, no I want my other mommy. I’ve never thought anything of this until I realized that he might have a memory of a different mommy.
Because I have no previous knowledge on this topic, I’m struggling with how to handle this. What is the best way to approach these memories? Just let them come out spontaneously or ask questions? Thanks in advance for any help or insight you may have.
My son is newly three year old and recently told me some things that really have suggested a past life. Just for some background, he was a very early talker and often referred to as an “old soul” by others. He often uses very advanced vocabulary and phrases (and we are often mind boggled at how he learned all these words).
Previous to this most recent recollection, when my son was 2.5, my husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We were talking about our wedding and he said he was at our wedding. We said, no, you weren’t born yet when we had our wedding. And he said, no, I watched your wedding with Jesus. We were very shocked by this. We are Catholic, but not practicing, and he has little exposure to Jesus (minus talking about him at Christmas).
Just recently, I was driving in the car with my son. He started talking about M&Ms. He has a very severe peanut allergy and has never had M&Ms and knows he cannot have them because they are cross contaminated with peanuts. He kept telling me that he loves M&Ms and he can have them when he’s peanut free. I kept repeating that he can’t have M&Ms and that he will always have to avoid them because of the peanuts. I told him we could buy candy that was like M&Ms (which we do), but he can’t actually have real M&Ms. After telling him this over and over, he said, “No mommy, I’m talking about when I used to be a different kid and I had a different mommy. I was peanut free and I ate M&Ms and I loved them and I still love them.” This was very shocking to me, but I just repeated what he said, when you were a different kid and when you had a different mommy? He said, yes, remember, I loved to eat M&Ms. I asked him where he lived when he was a different kid. He said, “I lived in a different house and it was orange.” I then asked him if he grew up. He said, “No, I fell out of the window and died, and I never saw you again.” At that point, I stopped talking about it and asked no more questions. I don’t really have much experience or knowledge about reincarnation, but I don’t know what else to make of this. My son hasn’t been exposed to death or dying, and I don’t believe he would just make this up.
In addition, since this recent exchange I have also realized that my son sometimes asks for mommy when I’m with him. When I say, I’m right here, he’ll say, no I want my other mommy. I’ve never thought anything of this until I realized that he might have a memory of a different mommy.
Because I have no previous knowledge on this topic, I’m struggling with how to handle this. What is the best way to approach these memories? Just let them come out spontaneously or ask questions? Thanks in advance for any help or insight you may have.