• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

2 year old past life

Melanie Fry

New Member
Hi
My son is nearly 3 and for the past couple of months he keeps mentioning when he was a 'grown up'. Mostly little things like I'll be eating a certain food and he will say 'I liked that when I was a grown up' but in the last week he has said a few very strange things. The first was 'when I was a grown up I used to sit on a big chair and when I went up to the sky I shrunk and shrunk and shrunk' and today he told me his name was 'Carson' when he was a grown up and he's also said his head fell off when he was a grown up. The name thing really freaked me out because I'm pretty sure he has never encountered anyone with that name! We don't know anyone called Carson and there are no characters called Carson on anything he watches on tv. Wondering what he will come out with next.. he is mentioning when he was a grown up more and more often and he sounds so sure about these things!
 
Hi Melanie.

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like a classic childhood recall as MD says. This happens a lot. It is more common than most people think. Just let him talk about it. Kids will often talk about their past lives when they are feeling a bit sleepy, like riding in the car, or bed time. He will probably come up with all kinds of interesting things. Just react as you would to any other story he might want to tell you 'Uh huh.. ' I see...' 'that's interesting. Then what happened...? '

The first was 'when I was a grown up I used to sit on a big chair and when I went up to the sky I shrunk and shrunk and shrunk' and today he told me his name was 'Carson' when he was a grown up and he's also said his head fell off when he was a grown up

I wonder if this means he was an astronaut? Maybe his helmet fell off? Sometimes little kids don't have enough vocabulary to explain things very clearly, but as he gets a bit older he may be able to tell you more about it.

Sometimes they might draw things about their past lives, or act things out playing with their toys. It's all fine and nothing to worry about. Hopefully he doesn't have any frightening memories. But if he does, just let him talk about it if he wants to and give him a cuddle. Tell him he's fine now.

Write it down for him in a journal or something like that. He may find it interesting when he's older. Kids usually start forgetting about it by the age of 7 or so. Not always though.

Carol's book Chapter One is here to read. You may find it interesting and helpful. It's about when her own son started to talk about his memories.

http://www.carolbowman.com/cpl-book/

Let us know how you go.
 
Hi

I've started writing stuff down . When he said he went up to the sky and shrunk and shrunk I interpreted that as when he went up to heaven/spirit world and shrunk because he came back as a little baby/foetus x
 
Hi

I've started writing stuff down . When he said he went up to the sky and shrunk and shrunk I interpreted that as when he went up to heaven/spirit world and shrunk because he came back as a little baby/foetus x

That's exactly how I read it Melanie - going up to heaven and becoming a small baby again. :) So fascinating.


The losing his head comment made me think "beheading" - well I hope not. Have you googled Carson and beheadings? Or maybe it was another accident to the neck.

There's a Carson (surname) beheading by cannonball in Tennessee.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top