• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Recent content by jasobel

  1. J

    5 year old obsessed with me dying and death - how do I explain....

    Deborah - is the blue light bulb the plant light? I couldn't find any other at the store - or the party light??? We are in the process of looking for a horse or a dog. The riding place went out of business and noone else will take a child so young. I thought an animal would really help with her...
  2. J

    5 year old obsessed with me dying and death - how do I explain....

    Deborah - you have an incredible memory! Yes she is adopted, and yes always has had separation issues and lots of anxiety. It never really has left her, just diminished in intensity. I think it was her mother whom she lost in a past life, perhaps she is getting to be the age when it happened, I...
  3. J

    5 year old obsessed with me dying and death - how do I explain....

    Thanks for writing, I feel this too, but how do I give her comfort when death took me away once and if we all will die it will take her away again - I can't live and say I won't die someday or she won't die someday. I just don't know how to decrease her anxiety. Jill
  4. J

    5 year old obsessed with me dying and death - how do I explain....

    My daughter who is 5 has always had extreme anxiety that she would lose me. The past few days she has felt like she would die and we would be apart, that she will be someone else's child and we would never see each other again. How do I explain this without causing her even more anxiety? I...
  5. J

    3 year old and separation anxiety - please help

    Many thanks for all of your thoughts. I really do think that her anxiety is linked to a past life and will continue to pursue this .... I know in my own "past life" struggles what has helped me most is to be "gentle with myself". and not push myself through things. This is what I have done with...
  6. J

    3 year old and separation anxiety - please help

    Perhaps therapy would be warranted here, as much as I have tried to help her deal with this it is beyond my scope as a parent to help her. She craves the socialization of being with others, but her response when I leave is out of the ordinary "separation anxiety". I feel she is too young to...
  7. J

    3 year old and separation anxiety - please help

    This happens whenever I drop her off anywhere, I really think she was separated either from myself or from her mother in another life whereby she was "dropped off" and her mother/caregiver never returned - perhaps abandoned her due to financial reasons or died while away. I have asked her...
  8. J

    3 year old and separation anxiety - please help

    Last time I wrote to this forum was when my daughter was 2 years old. Now she is 3.5 and is still suffering the same separation anxiety fears when I part from her. I have finally placed her in a preschool setting, but 2 months later, everytime I leave, she is at the door screaming for me to...
Back
Top