I am also envious of my grandparents especially my grandpa who would tell me war stories when I was younger. He mentioned being a small boy in I think possibly devon and seeing washed up bodies on the beach and it being closed off by police. Fascinating!
Thanks I'll look that programme up. :) I dont have a clue where in britain I lived but I am very intrigued by bombed houses and can clearly remember studying this when I was around 8 or 9 and was obsessed with anderson shelters.
I don't know if I am just obsessed with the 1940s era or I lived then and went through WW2. Maybe you can help?
I love anything to do with the decade, from the hairstyles, the fashion the just general way of life. I watch films based in that era and just think 'I can remember britain being like...